“Healthy Food, Friendly Folks”

Far East Restaurant
Ranked #129 of 349 Restaurants in Olympia
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Waitstaff
Olympa, WA
“Healthy Food, Friendly Folks”
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I go to Far East for a healthy, flavorful lunch. Lots of veggies in all the lunch specials. Owner-operated and aways friendly. Everyday food done right.

• Visited May 2012

Olympia
“Delicious, hot, and fresh food. Lunch portions small though.”
Reviewed 29 April 2012

My daughter and I ride bikes downtown at least twice a month on Saturday night. We always eat at a different restaurant down town trying out new places. We stopped at Far East because we had never eaten there before.

They were super busy but did a good job getting tables cleared and orders taken. The food was fresh, hot, pretty, and delicious but it seemed skimpy. We ordered from the lunch menu which may have had something to do with the sizes but even for lunch portions it seemed skimpy. Their was literally 6 tiny pieces of chicken on my daughters veggie delight with chicken. My orange chicken had about 8 pieces. It ended up being enough but if we stopped again we would probably order from the dinner menu and hope they are more generous. My daughter loved the bubble tea.

Good prices.

Our waitress was very sweet and attentive.

We will probably go back.

• Visited April 2012
Sparks, Nevada
“Undiscovered treasure”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

This is secret wonder, love the quality and price...seems a very small operation, famiy owned and intimate. The food is always fresh, spiced as we request and wonderfully priced. Love it every time!

Visited April 2012
Olympia, Washington
“Good value yumminess with friendly service”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

All the food I've had here is extremely delicious but nothing beats having a rice bowl lunch here for around 5-6 dollars. I like that they have brown rice available for no extra charge and many vegan options.

Visited February 2012
Olympia, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My favorite Asian place in Oly.”
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We love this place. They have brown rice and some of the best green curry I have ever had. We also love their pad thai and spring rolls. Not the fanciest of places, but the friendly service provided by this husband & wife team makes for a warm and cozy experience. I like their food much better than the more expensive Lemongrass next door. This is one of the places that we always take out of town guests.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank jeninoly

Been to Far East Restaurant? Share your experiences!