“My favorite place!”

Far East Restaurant
Ranked #151 of 352 Restaurants in Olympia
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 9 December 2012

I love their rice bowls. They are so reasonably priced and always delicious. The staff is super friendly, and the waitress always remembers my order! I strongly recommend eating here.

1  Thank jwolf86
There are newer reviews for Far East Restaurant

Reviewed 6 December 2012

Husband and wife offer very good,healthy food at very reasonable prices with friendly, personal service!

1  Thank donchalmers
Reviewed 25 August 2012

The outside of this restaurant doesn't give a clue as to how wonderful the food is inside. If I counted correctly, there were only 8 tables in the restaurant. The owner/waitress was excellent. She and her husband are Asian and know what they are doing. They serve up both Thai and Chinese dishes. It was 3:30 in the afternoon and we were handed the lunch menu. At $5.35 per dish, the prices were the best we've seen in quite a while. I ordered Thai Basil Vegetables medium heat without any meat (it usually comes with chicken or tofu, but I prefer veggies only), the flavor was out of this world and the plate full. My husband ordered Cashew Chicken & Vegetables from the lunch menu and was quite satisfied with the generous portions they served up. The Far East Restaurant is located in a trendy area of Olympia that has plenty of interesting things to do. After a morning of sight-seeing this is a wonderful break. Business hours are 11 am to 8:30 pm Monday - Friday and 12:00 to 8:00 pm Saturdays. Closed Holidays and Sundays.

1  Thank Just_Another_Joan
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I go to Far East for a healthy, flavorful lunch. Lots of veggies in all the lunch specials. Owner-operated and aways friendly. Everyday food done right.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

My daughter and I ride bikes downtown at least twice a month on Saturday night. We always eat at a different restaurant down town trying out new places. We stopped at Far East because we had never eaten there before.

They were super busy but did a good job getting tables cleared and orders taken. The food was fresh, hot, pretty, and delicious but it seemed skimpy. We ordered from the lunch menu which may have had something to do with the sizes but even for lunch portions it seemed skimpy. Their was literally 6 tiny pieces of chicken on my daughters veggie delight with chicken. My orange chicken had about 8 pieces. It ended up being enough but if we stopped again we would probably order from the dinner menu and hope they are more generous. My daughter loved the bubble tea.

Good prices.

Our waitress was very sweet and attentive.

We will probably go back.

Been to Far East Restaurant? Share your experiences!