“First rate food, uhmmm ... interesting atmosphere ... nice view!”
Review of Dockside Bistro

Dockside Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Dockside Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 354 Restaurants in Olympia
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Columbia Ave NW
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Easily the best bang-for-buck, high-grade-fusion meal I’ve ever had. We started with the Seafood Martini (lobster, crab, shrimp, caviar, and sweet vermouth cream) followed by Oysters Rockefeller, done right. At first I thought the Duck Prosciutto Salad could have offered a touch more duck, but once you factor in the perfect balance of shaved fennel, watercress, figs, gorgonzola, and candied pecans, you really can’t complain. They understand how to properly calibrate flavors. The Pistachio Encrusted Halibut was the best plate of its sort that I have ever had.

Pleasant and unobtrusive service. Atmosphere: old-style? charming? not sure what to say. I'll be back for the food, though!

1  Thank SDH_2_8

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Was visiting friends in the area they invited us to dinner at their favorite spot. The food service and atmosphere did not disappoint. Several unique items on the menu which we experimented with and enjoyed each one from the Duck Salad to the Ravioli and Prawns, Diver Scallops. All we prepared to perfection.
The wine list was very diverse and had many interesting choices of which we tried a few. Being a Friday night at 8PM I thought it would be busier, maybe 1/2 full but from our meal and the great service this place should be packed. Pricing?? I have paid more for less and without the attention to detail. I will definately be back when visiting Olympia.

1  Thank Darrell S
Reviewed 30 August 2013

4 of us came for my wife's birthday lunch. Appetizers of the Seafood Martini and Calamari were very good. Tasty, and well prepared. The service was very good. The server knew that it was my wife's birthday and at the outset she made it clear that my wife was being treated to desert by the restaurant. We felt welcome. My wife had the seafood taco and liked it very much. It looked good. I had Fish and Chips, the chips being very tasty pommes frites. I could have a meal of them any day. They were done perfectly. I was very pleasantly pleased to see that Dockside served Olympic Mountain ice cream for desert. My rating went up a notch just for this plus on the ice cream scale alone.

Fast service, good service, good food and attention to detail on the part of the server. I don't think you could ask for more. I look forward to going back again.

1  Thank rogerjm
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

We are here on a non-busy Tuesday evening. Drawn by very positive reviews, we anticipated a nice meal. Unfortunately, we ended up being very disappointed.

First, the service was amazingly slow. Our server was friendly & pleasant, but there were far too many gaps during which she totally neglected us.

Second, the food was, on the whole, pretty decent. A major exception was the side dish they label pommes frites. These were the worst pommes frites we've ever had. They were not fresh at all & tasted like they had been sitting around in storage for quite some time; like a non- crisp tube-shaped stale potato chip.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

We are so pleased that we chose the Dockside Bistro for our final dinner on an incredible trip to the Sound. Everything was perfect from the very garlicky Ceasar salad to the perfectly cooked scallops and halibut. A little on the pricy side but well worth it. The only thing that would have made it better was being able to sit outside, sounds like a city ordinance prevents serving alcohol out on the dock at the Dockside.

1  Thank Dogfishdawn

Been to Dockside Bistro? Share your experiences!