“Romantic dinner” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dockside Bistro

Dockside Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Dockside Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 340 Restaurants in Olympia
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, View
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Columbia Ave NW
Olympia, Washington
“Romantic dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

This is a wonderful romantic restaurant for special occasions. The food is excellent and staff is attentive.

Visited December 2013

Olympia, Washington
“Our new favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

I visited twice over the holiday season, once for our anniversary and again with friends. The seafood Martini was a surprise as it is served hot, and enough to share. I also had the lobster bisque which was a small serving but plenty of lobster. I had the halibut served with fresh greens and gnocchi. There was plenty to take home and was a second dinner. I highly recommend trying the Jack Daniels Olympic Mountain ice cream, rich and creamy with a hint of bourbon. My dining partners had the elk duo and rack of lamb, and raved about both. The service was attentive and friendly. Because we were there in December we could not fully enjoy the bay view, but the holiday lights across the bay and on the boats at the marina made up for missing the panoramic views, While the prices were to the high side, every bite was worth the expense.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank retcnm
Yelm, Washington
“Just Okay for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

My husband and I want here for our 5th wedding anniversary. I got the elk and he got the lamb for our main entrees. Also, we each got a glass of wine and split the oysters on a 1/2 shell appetizer.

Our server was nice enough no complaints there. My husband and I don't mind paying $25-35 for an entree but it better be amazing. I am disappointed to say the food was just "okay". It wasn't terrible where it warranted sending it back to the kitchen but I definitely wasn't blown away. My elk filet was really good; however the elk tenderloin was awful. It the texture was awful, the green sauce on the top disgusting neither my husband or I enjoyed it. My potatoes we just okay.

My husband's lamb was alright but the fries it was served with were HEAVILY coated with some kind of parmesan crust. We both like parmesan but the this was kind of overkill and not enjoyable. The menu didn't mention that the fries were parmesan encrusted which was disappointing.

It's hard to mess up oysters on a half shell so those were fine. I didn't know until we got our bill that a glass of wine was $9... seems a little bit steep to me when I'm used to paying 6-7 a glass. It wasn't some kind of exceptional wine either just an average riesling.

Did the meal ruin our anniversary? No. Will we go here again? No.

ALSO... The restaurant was freezing! I had a turtleneck on and I was cold. I noticed several other people sitting with their coats on as we left.

• Visited January 2014
Rainier, Washington
“Excellent sunset menu...and view!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

Enjoyed the wine selection and sunset choices. Service was a bit slow, but capable! The fresh produce added to a tasty meal. Hard to beat the location!

• Visited October 2013
Richland, Washington
“First rate food, uhmmm ... interesting atmosphere ... nice view!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

Easily the best bang-for-buck, high-grade-fusion meal I’ve ever had. We started with the Seafood Martini (lobster, crab, shrimp, caviar, and sweet vermouth cream) followed by Oysters Rockefeller, done right. At first I thought the Duck Prosciutto Salad could have offered a touch more duck, but once you factor in the perfect balance of shaved fennel, watercress, figs, gorgonzola, and candied pecans, you really can’t complain. They understand how to properly calibrate flavors. The Pistachio Encrusted Halibut was the best plate of its sort that I have ever had.

Pleasant and unobtrusive service. Atmosphere: old-style? charming? not sure what to say. I'll be back for the food, though!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank SDH_2_8

Been to Dockside Bistro? Share your experiences!