“Good basic lodging, reasonable price - what more could you want?” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel Nicholas

Motel Nicholas
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Omak
Seattle, WA
“Good basic lodging, reasonable price - what more could you want?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

There are very few of these small "motor hotels" left, and they are by far the best lodging deals to be had. So what if you don't have a four-star restaurant or a casino attached to the hotel? The rooms are clean and quiet, beds comfortable, service friendly, hot showers/baths, and there's a TV if you're inclined to watch it. I've stayed at the Hotel Nicholas three times in the last few years, and was always quite satisfied. The last time I didn't have a reservation and arrived very late, hoping a room was still available -- and I was in luck. The manager at this family-run motel gave service with a smile, even though I know I woke him up. If you want to pay high prices for glitz and glitter, keep driving to the casino hotels. If you want a good room at a good rate with friendly service, stay here.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank CopperOwl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

I met with some very negative reviews about this motel, all of which i must say are unfounded. I arrived early and was told by the desk clerk he would have a room available within 1 hour, the town is only a 5 minute drive so i went for lunch and returned. I paid $55 for a perfectly adequately room with all necessary amenities, everything was clean, and the bed most comfy. I had an excellent night sleep. There is no breakfast served here, however there is a cafe open in the town at 07:00am. I would recommend this motel, but do not expect the Hilton.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank chrishawk
Peachland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2011

We booked this motel for the Omak Stampede a few months in advance as we knew it would be a busy weekend. I first of all spoke to Raj the Manager who booked us in for two nights then he confirmed the booking in an email. When we arrived at 5.00pm on the Friday there was a girl behind the desk who barely looked at the booking book, but said we had not booked in and they were fully booked! Unfortunately I did not have a copy of my email with me, but she was very rude and when I said it would be nice if she could at least say she was sorry, she refused and suggested it was our fault that it had not been put in the book! We were totally shocked that someone in her position could be so rude and uncaring as all the other motels were full. This Motel really does not deserve to succeed so go stay somewhere else if you are going to Omak.

Room Tip: Just do not stay there
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank zita55

Travellers are raving about these Omak hotels

Spokane Valley, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2011

I am from this area and was back for a funeral. I didn't make reservations where we usually stay quickly enough and there were no rooms available. I remembered the Motel Nicholas from my youth and thought we would try it out.

I had pretty low expectations, but based on quite good ratings here from 2010, even my low expectations were too high. The 2 queen bed rooms are very spacious. The two biggest problems have to do with the windows. The curtains are falling off the hooks and can barely be arranged to be completely closed. In addition, there was no bar to secure the ground floor window. We were glad we had my husband's cane for that.

The pillows are completely flat. I try not to think how long it's been since they were cleaned. The mattresses were firm, but comfortable. The daily cleaning did not include new sheetssheets or rinsing out the coffee pot. We did get new towels.

I suspect the place has new owners. I am sorry to say it, but I think the Motel Nicholas is on its way to becoming a motel more likely to be rented by locals for long-term stays.

• Stayed June 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank L01S
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2008

This is a small, family-run motel comprising about 20 units. The rooms are simple, standard motel type, and a bit dated - but clean, comfortable, and perfectly adequate for a single night stay. There are no facilities, but there are restaurants and a large Walmart a two minute drive away, at the US 97 junction. When I checked out at 9am on Sunday morning, the office was closed, no one was around, and there was nowhere to leave the key, so I left it in the room.

• Liked — Cheap price
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled solo
      Check-in / front desk
3 Thank majikthise
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2007

They're fast disappearing but little motels in small towns like Omak, WA still exist. Small, low clusters of 4-6 units around a courtyard. This motel is quiet, has good beds and is quite the bargain for what I paid. Before checking in I saw a lady carrying a chair outside to enjoy the evening. I asked is this a good place to stay and she says "I've stayed here for the last 11 years when I come to visit my sister. It's clean and comfortable." That clinched it for me.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled solo
      Check-in / front desk
4 Thank edw779
Also consider these accommodations in or near Omak
12 Tribes Resort & Casino
#3 of 5 in Omak
Blue Mountain Motel
Blue Mountain Motel
#2 of 2 in Okanogan

Been to Motel Nicholas? Share your experiences!