“Our stay/Wedding at Pebble Cove Farm”
Review of Pebble Cove Farm

Pebble Cove Farm
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Orcas Island
GreenLeadersGold level
“Our stay/Wedding at Pebble Cove Farm”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I would highly recommend Pebble Cove Farm to anyone looking for a beautiful place to stay on Orcas! Exceptional service and staff, perfect room with everything you may need, spotless and great attention to detail. Fun place for kids also, animals roaming the property, great vegetable garden, fresh eggs in the morning from the hen house,and great views! This place is fun, romantic, quaint, quiet, and gorgeous. Thanks Lydia for accomodating our wedding needs and for a most enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Each room has great views and is quiet-you can't go wrong!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We stayed for 3 nights with my sons 13 and 14. It could not have been more perfect. The animals and fresh veggies from the garden were a delight. The rooms were lovely and roomy and our hosts could not have been more accommodating. We were sorry to leave and could have stayed a lot longer!

Portland
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We just spent our family vacation for the second year in a row at Pebble Cove and we are so in love with the property, the animals, the garden, and the family that runs it. Such a special place that is sure to provide our 3 girls with amazing memories into their adult years. We were so sad to leave and will look forward to returning all year. Now I need to go book it for next year!

• Stayed July 2014
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We could not have had a better experience than our experience at Pebble Cove Farm. Our kids, ages 5 and 7, loved picking berries and vegetables, enjoyed the campfire and beautiful resort. The highlight of our trip was definitely our boat ride through the San Juan Islands with Captain John. The Resort was very clean and the surroundings were exceptional. John and Lydia go way beyond the norm to make sure that their guests have a great time. We should have stayed longer, however will be back for sure !

2 Thank johnrshank
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed two wonderful nights in a studio in early June and could not have been happier! The setting is as unique as the photos on the PCF website promise. This is a lovely property where seemingly every guest gets a water view. In the mornings I would raise the shades and watch geese and dear roam around the field that runs to the waterfront. As the day wore on, the resident goats, chickens, and pony took their turn in the yard and the tide moved in and out, constantly changing the scene and providing something new to see, hear, and photograph obsessively (a handful of pics capturing my willing subjects are uploaded here).

The hosts are extremely friendly and, in my opinion, quite special in that they leave the degree of guest interaction entirely up to you. You receive directions to your accommodations with your email confirmation and can let yourself in without assistance. However, they are eager to make themselves available any time you have questions, want recommendations, need something, etc. To me, this makes PCF great for everyone from a family looking for guidance on an activity-filled vacation to a couple seeking privacy during a romantic getaway weekend.

As described in other posts, the attention to detail here is phenomenal. The setting may be rustic, but the rooms are very nicely appointed and extremely clean. My suite had beautiful wood flooring throughout, a tremendously comfortable bed, and any amenity you could possibly need. Hair dryer? Check. Rainy day books and DVDs? Check. Complete set of kitchenware? Check. This last point was a nice selling point for me in particular. As a frequent solo traveler, I don’t care a lot about dining out (it’s a bit awkward on your own and it’s a quick drain on the cash flow!). It was fantastic that the suite came with everything I needed to prepare my own food and the eggs from the hens and fresh veggies from the garden meant I had to buy very few supplemental items to complete my meals (check out the Eastsound Farmer’s Market or ferry landing grocery store).

I could go on and on, but I should leave some things for you to discover during your own stay. ☺ Needless to say, highly recommend Pebble Cove Farm!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Sara S
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My 2 teenage daughters and I stayed in the cottage at Pebble Cove Farm over the 4th of July weekend. It was such a great weekend. We took advantage of all of the amenities, the fresh veggies from the garden, the fresh eggs, the row boat...everything! My teenagers put away their electronics and actually played! I could not be happier with our visit & will definitely return!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Jamie B
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This place is a really a gem! The highlight for me was the very large vegetable garden where we harvested kale, lettuce, sugar snap peas, snow peas, and mint to add to our meals. We also enjoyed fresh eggs from the hen house. My son loved the rowboat while my daughter spent hours beach-combing. We had the family suite and that was plenty of room for 4 people. Lydia did a great job of balancing between being available for us but still giving us the privacy. She shared a bottle of fresh goat milk with us as soon as my husband expressed interest and curiosity. She replenished milk and OJ for us whenever we asked. We truly enjoyed our stay and hope to bring others with us in the near future! Thank you, Lydia and family!!

2 Thank WenLyn R
#2 of 10 in Friday Harbor
Orcas Hotel
Orcas Hotel
#1 of 1 in Orcas

Been to Pebble Cove Farm? Share your experiences!