“Back at Desert Canyon”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Orondo
Desert Canyon Golf Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Orondo
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We are back at Desert Canyon and excited about a new year. The golf course is in excellent shape and the pro shop is stocked like I have never seen it. Great selections. The restaurant is excellent and the coffee shop is always a good stop! For the first time in the five years I have lived here I stopped at the Lodge. I was happy to see Shannon back at the desk and she offered to show me one of the rooms at the lodge. I had never been in one and was so impressed with the amenities and the decor. New wi-fi has been added and it looks like a brand new facility. You need to see for yourself and enjoy this jewel of a resort that we have been enjoying for a few years..

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank grenora

Reviewed 29 January 2012

We stayed in the 4 bedroom casita and had a great vacation! Everything was clean and organized. The resort was beautiful and the staff was excellent, treating my children like family. We had a wonderful time and will be back for sure!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Leigh918
Reviewed 18 January 2012

I have traveled many places in my career and my work required internet to stay connected both in a personal and professional manner. I have been going to this place for years but the last two have been somewhat unpleasant due to internet connectivity in the casitas. We specifically asked if the internet was working when we booked our week there in Dec 2011, since I figured I could get some work done and have a short vacation with family too. Long story short, the internet did not work in the casita the whole time we were there and I lost days of work. Each day we were told it was going to be fixed. Not so funny thing is this exact same thing happened to us the year before. Can’t believe I fell for it again. I do understand they were going through some management changes at the time. Now the point of writing this review is not because of how dissatisfied I was about the internet not working, although it did cause issues not only with my work but my attitude. The purpose of the review is because of the manager that was on duty there. His name was Graham. Although we did not start off on a good note, I can say he handled the whole situation with professionalism and was very respectful. I cannot say that was the case from the lady (Shannon) that was called in to fix the internet. She told me one thing and did another. She failed to communicate with manager Graham at the time about a discussion we had the previous day concerning the internet issue. I know this cause some issues between me and Graham during the checkout process. I want to thank Graham again for his professionalism during the whole situation and especially at the checkout. Because of his calm actions as a manager in being upfront and honest and making my trip worth it, it did make me want to come back again in the future and speak positive of Desert Canyon once again. It is managers like Graham that make the very unpleasant situations seem not so bad. Graham’s management should be proud of how he handled this situation. Keep up the great work Graham!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Trip_in_Washington
Reviewed 23 September 2011

We will definately be back. we stumbled across this place when my husband wanted somewhere to golf this week. we had spent the night in Wenatchee, and we drove to this resort, and when we laid eyes on it we knew we wanted to stay a night. The room (1 bdrm condo) was huge and new fully furnished with kitchen and jetted tub. The golf course looked challenging enough for him. One night and round of golf was $108 including tax. Holy cow we said. we settled in the room, and then decided to stay another night even before we had supper this night. We did have dinner in the sports bar/restrauant, very reasonable prices and huge portions.
the staff was awesome. They did anything they could to make us feel like royalty. Most of the time we felt like we were the only ones in the entire resort.
The golf course was great too.
We will definately go back next spring.

Room Tip: Get the large 1 bdrm, heard the smaller 1 bdrm is definately smaller, but did not see one.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Our group occupied two of the four-bedroom casitas (1403 & 1603). The kitchen was well stocked. We cooked a big breakfast for 12 one morning and dinner for 12 two nights in a row. Plenty of room for people to eat at the dining table, counter and outside on the deck. We did notice the carpet in 1403 was in better condition than the one in 1603. The complex was full for the weekend. Friendly counter staff for check in and at the Pro Shop. Make a note to bring your own pool towel. We sleep in a King bed at home and the beds here seemed more like double's than Queen's but that could have been our imagination. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2011

We have stayed here 8 times during the past 10 years. We return for the golf course, views, weather, proximity to Daroga State Park (walking trails, swimming in the Columbia, tennis courts, and basketball), the great salsa and homemade ice cream at the cider mill, and all the conveniences of home (washer/dryer, full kitchen, etc.). Initially this felt like a luxury option - the golf course was managed like any other top 100 course (it was). The ownership has changed and then changed...the course is still amazing and we will be back again - but know that this operation is running on a shoestring. The golf pro is mildly friendly. The condos are now bank owned - the timeshare that did own it has gone bankrupt. The units are for sale and it is clear that they are not really fixing anything but just getting along until they can get rid of the units. The refrigerator/freezer did not work in the first unit we were in... runny ice cream and warm milk. They moved us and that worked but the pots and pans were old teflon scratched up and a mess - and in neither unit were any of the lower drawers available in the clothing bureaus. For a family staying 8 days this was inconvenient. (This has been an issue since the beginning - it doesn't matter which unit - they don't "work".) There were internet problems every day. Often no towels for the pool. The microwave door handle was attached with duct tape. Also when we arrived we discovered that we had been charged 400.00 more that otherwise because we made our reservations online (usually a savings). The girl at the check-in desk said it must have been a mistake and fixed it but look carefully and you will see that their internet rate is much higher. I could go on but won't - you get the idea. We paid about 200.00 a night and all things considered think it is worth it. Just don't expect it to live up to its previous glory. The amazingly beautiful golf course is the main draw.

Room Tip: Call - do not use the internet. Double check your room rate.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank daughterofasailor
Reviewed 5 April 2011

This is the best resort in the area - hands down. It is a Hidden Gem that is yet to be discovered. There is something for everyone.

We have been here many times. We continue to return because of the great service, prices, and atmosphere.

The golf course is scenic with rolling hills, lakes, and rock formations. Not only do all the carts have GPS, the course truly is a championship course in excellent condition. There is also an 18-hole championship putting course that we played a few times. It is great for kids and adults and only takes about 45 minutes. Both are very affordable.

This is definitely a peaceful paradise. I love that it is somewhat remote, but still within driving distance to more activities. There are many things to do in both the summer and winter.

In the summer, we launch a boat at Lake Entiat (just down the hill from the golf course), and hit Chelan for wine tasting, shopping, and jet skiing. There is a great 4th of July fireworks event on Lake Chelan. The stars are unbelievable on a clear night (and most nights are clear!)

We have enjoyed Desert Canyon in the winter too. Our kids love sledding and playing in the snow at the resort or just hanging out watching movies by the fireplace. We have also ventured about 1/2 hour south to Mission Ridge near Wenatchee and enjoyed the snow.

The Oasis Restaurant on site has the MOST AMAZING food. The portions are very large so you get a great value for your money. Everything tastes like it is homemade. I love the clam chowder, Caesar salad, and warm rolls with butter. They have excellent steaks, prime rib, pork loin, and halibut, as well as their famous burgers (I like the Oasis Burger and Black Jack Burger). The service is excellent too.

This place definitely deserves a 5-star rating, as it is a one-of-a-kind, first class resort. It is only about a 2-1/2 hour drive for us, and well worth it. It is very peaceful and beautiful.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orondo
Comfort Suites
Campbell's Resort on Lake Chelan
Comfort Inn Downtown Wenatchee
SpringHill Suites Wenatchee
Coast Wenatchee Center Hotel

Been to Desert Canyon Golf Resort? Share your experiences!