“The owners are so nice and helpful.”
Review of Camaray Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Oroville
Camaray Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Oroville
“The owners are so nice and helpful.”
Reviewed 30 May 2013

.we relocated from the coast to be closer to my mother .ended up staying for three month's.before we where able to get are own house .the rooms where. clean and the staff friendly and helpful.all of the time .Good people.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Port Hadlock, Washington
Reviewed 24 May 2013

This is a clean nice place to stay. More than half the rooms are located a block off the main drag and I didn't hear traffic noise like you do some places. The motel office is on the main street with rooms stretching back away from the street, then an alley and the rest of the rooms stretching even farther away from the main drag.

Owners were really nice and friendly. They offered a TV schedule for the day if you wanted it by printing it out and leaving it on the front counter for you to pickup at your convenience.

Room had microwave, flat screen TV and fridge and at $55.00 was a bargain.

Since I was riding my motorcycle the owner said he would accommodate me with a ground floor room with the cycle parked right outside. I told him it didn't matter to me second floor or bottom his choice. I'm going back later this year!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Oroville, Washington
Reviewed 23 May 2013

When we arrived here last week from Spokane, we had 1 week left until we could move into our new home we bought in Oroville. We came in hard. All of our kids had the stomach flu (vomiting and diarrhea), and while we were cleaning up one kid, the other was vomiting on the floor in the adjoining floor. This went on through the entire evening. It was horrible. Sandy came to our rescue with her hospitality and great attitude. She gave us probably over 60 towels over the next 24 hours, carpet cleaner, new sheets and anything we needed. She was there for us and didn't make us feel bad for all the mess we caused.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank fruitofthewomb
College Place, Washington
Reviewed 2 May 2013

The Motel has been throughly renovated. The WiFi is fast, the carpet is new, the beds new, and new flat screen TVs. And its quiet, and if there is a problem the Managers take care it right away. And its only a 15 mile drive to Osoyoos, BC, which has a beautiful lake and sandy beaches, but you will save big $$$ by staying in Oroville, WA, as the price of hotel in Canada is about double the price for the same type of hotel in Canada.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TruthWave7
Washinton
Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed three nights while scoping out vacation/retirement property in the Okanogan region. The motel owners are renovating the older motel. It ain't much to look at and the exterior of the two buildings is not aesthetic by any stretch, but the interior of the room is clean, new TV, good cable, DVD player, beds clean and not uncomfortable. Shower water was hot for all of three of us and never waned. Towels were supplied daily and coffee and Oreos. Heater and AC worked well. Ceiling fan, table and microwave small refrigerator all made this a good choice for three days of a base to scope out property in the mountains.
Cannot forget to mention that the resident cat (the Camaray Cat) came and visited us in our room. Pets are welcome.
If you are int the region it is an option if you aren't in need of aesthetics, just a few nights comfort, it is fine.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Clyde A, Owner at Camaray Motel, responded to this review, 11 August 2013
Since this visit we have finished painting the exterior and trust it looks better. But it will always be a motel built in 1976!
Pendleton, Oregon
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Well I ended up at The Camaray Motel by default. I had actually planned to give the Rodeway Inn at Omak another chance #1 because they were supposed to credit me $20 for a room and because I thought it would be nice to visit with Ron and Heather again. Well as it turns out the $20 credit I was due was never really a serious resolve. The Owner/Manager sent message that I could basically go soak my head in a toilet. Hey, as long as it's not their toilet.... so I went with the Camaray. A local police officer recommended it highly to me. He wasn't all wrong. It is a decent place to stay. It is as other reviews note, "dated". The rooms are quite large and as a result the seem colder than they are. The rooms seem almost institutional in décor and comfort. Bed wasn't very soft, they won't give you extra towels if you ask.once. YOu have to ask 2 or 3 times then without comment the gentleman turned around walked off and got towels. There is no breakfast to speak of, but you do get a free newspaper,,, all 4 pages...lol Rom is no cheap but not expensive either. It works in a pinch, Don't take a date or even your spouse of many years if you want any grown up fun. The room is more for taking your motor to rebuild it in than trying to romance your partner. No good for children due to the carpets are just public restroom clean.

Staff customer service is okay as long as you limit your requests.

Would I stay here again? yes possibly but not with family and only if I bring my own towels and pillow.

Room Tip: Bring your own towel, your own pillow and slippers.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Tizmyn
Clyde A, General Manager at Camaray Motel, responded to this review, 11 August 2013
I'm not sure what to think of this review. I think he might have us confused with another motel in the valley (no names of course). This reviewerer may be taking notes from a stay from before we took over the Camaray. A single person in one of our rooms has 3 or 4 plush bath towels already available in the room (and some have claimed are better than high end motels in Spokane) so would hardly have a need to ask for more. And given the other reviews, and knowing myself, it would be hard to imagine me making no comment. I can't find anyone staying for a single night that wasn't given one of our completely refurbished rooms.... new carpet, paint, and new plush beds. Hmmmm. As I say, I'm not sure what to think of this review.
Univeristy Place
Reviewed 8 October 2012

No problems here. It's definitely not a Hilton but the rooms were spacious, towels were soft and plenty of pillows. Only complaint would be the fact you could hear everyone else taking a shower - as in hear the water through the walls. If you wake up early though you should be good :) Front desk staff was very nice.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Good news: we have great water pressure. Bad news: before people switch to shower, you can hear the water rushing through the pipes. Thanks for understanding.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oroville
Best Western Plus Sunrise Inn
#9 of 26 in Osoyoos
Walnut Beach Resort
Walnut Beach Resort
#5 of 26 in Osoyoos

Been to Camaray Motel? Share your experiences!