Pastime Bar and Grill
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A family friendly place to eat, drink, and be merry in Oroville, Washington. The Pastime Bar & Grill celebrates local flavors with wholesome, tasty food priced right. Our rustic yet modern dining room and bar provide a fun, casual atmosphere that's a great place to meet for any occasion.
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This was my second visit from the UK to friends who live in the general vicinity. I love all the real American restaurants for traditional big breakfasts, sandwich choices and meals up in this area. When it was suggested we went to Pastime in Oroville I expected more of the same. What a surprise!
This chef creates world city class food using good local ingredients (and local ingredients here are so good), the restaurant is light and airy and the bar looked comfortable (even though the USA were knocked out of the World Cup whilst we were there!). The waiter was very attentive and the meals we chose were delicious. Highly recommended as a change from the norm whilst visiting northern WA. For the quality of the produce and expertise of the chef the prices seemed quite fair.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Travelbug860

Arlington, Washington
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This place was impressive. It seems out of place in a small town like Oroville. It has a great bar and the menu was quite sophisticated.

The New York steak was amazing, the best we've had in quite a while.

Highly recommended!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank KDT-USA
Vancouver, Canada
“Great Lunch Stop”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stopped in for lunch on our way through town and were pleasantly surprised. The bar has a bit of a large cavernous feel, especially when it is mainly empty at mid-day, but I suspect at night the place is hopping. Our servers were extremely efficient, friendly and helpful. We had the fish and chips and the buffalo burger. We easily could have ordered just one and shared it, the servings are that large.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Lonelobster
Victoria, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Blues Fest in Oroville”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

What a way to top off the weekend!! I went across the border for the May Day weekend to visit friends at one of my absolute favorite places - Veranda Beach Resort, and felt I hit the jackpot when we decided to cap off our Saturday night at the Pastime Bar and Grill. The place was hoppin from the moment we walked in, until we finally pulled ourselves away. People could be seen enjoying conversation at the bar, visiting and playing pool, soaking up the amazing live blues tunes, and groovin to the beat on the dance floor. What a perfect gathering place, and right there on main street. I thought places like this only exist in my beautiful city ... Victoria, BC.

Was I ever pleased to find our scenic motorcycle tour (the Poker Run) through the breathtaking winding roads of this area, finished off back at the Pastimes. This gave me an opportunity to try their food. I had the Huevos Rancheros breakfast. It was mouthwatering delicious. I've tried to replicate it at home, but it's not the same. I can't wait to go back!

I would definitely take the time to cross the border to enjoy another afternoon or evening at the Pastime; I know I'd be in for another goodtime!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank BrendaShypitka
Tonasket, Washington
“Over Priced; Poor Quality”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Slow service and indifferent staff. Extremely high prices and watered down drinks. The drinks were very slow in coming. We were the first dinner group of the evening. Three other groups came in after us and we were the last served. The Caesar salad had so much fresh garlic in the dressing that it was overpowering. Yuck! The Chicken Panini was dry tasteless and the bread was so over toasted it was almost burnt and it tasted like it. The home fries were soggy with oil ewe! My brother-in-law wanted tomatoes and onion on his burger but was told they didn't have tomatoes! Are you kidding me? My other brother-in-law ordered the seafood platter $17 for two small prawns and two small scallops! That is brazen robbery! My sister-in-law almost had to ague with the staff to get a bottle of mustard for her burger! I guess they think we shouldn't put mustard on burgers! Excuse me what difference does it make how we like our burgers? Desert was just as bad. There apple crisp had nearly raw apples topped with something that looked like granola. I guess they forgot the sugar 'cause it was just strait up sour! Came with salty bacon cream to pour over it. It was just gross! A tiny portion too. $8 ! I felt violated! We will never go to here again. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone!

• Visited May 2014