“Customer service improving, beautiful perfection”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oroville
Veranda Beach Resort
Langley, BC
“Customer service improving, beautiful perfection”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

I've been hard on Veranda Beach in the past as I do have very high standards when I am paying for a service. Veranda Beach is incredibly beautiful, heavenly perfection for a family holiday. I'd like to add, to be fair, that there have been a few customer service glitches with them over the past few years. I am very happy to say that this year, when we booked for our return visit, that we encountered exceptional customer service. I think a sign of a good business is being able to listen and grow. Good work Veranda Beach.

1 Thank gogonicefriends

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

There are simply no words. This is the most amazing place. Incredibly friendly people that either own or rent here. Beautiful grounds, stunning, well maintained landscaping, great pool and hot tub, gorgeous beach, and the cutest diner you've ever seen, where you sit at the old fashioned counter and order milk shakes or coke floats. There is not a bad location for any of the cottages because the majority have a lovely green space where the kids can play. I truly cannot say enough about Veranda Beach.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank LauraTI6281CL
Patty C, General Manager at Veranda Beach Resort, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the resort. Veranda Beach is a very unique and special place for families to come and be together, whether it be sharing a milkshake at the Diner or playing games on the green space. There is always something for everyone to enjoy, for all the kids and the still kids at heart. We hope to see you again soon.

Warm Regards,

Patty Clarke
Veranda Beach Resort
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

We travelled to Oroville in September to Veranda Beach. Being the end of the summer, it was a bit cooler than we would have liked, but the facility made up for that and I hear that during the summer months it is fully booked and very busy/expensive. We stayed in a 2 bedroom cabin that was more than fully equipped. We could have easily slept 10 people there (well, 6 adults and kids on various window seats). The cabins all have screened porches which made outside entertaining and dining very easy and bug-free. The resort has an outdoor pool, which was slightly heated, compensating for the cooler weather. The lake is easily accessible and there is a water trampoline as well as jet ski and boat rentals. The restaurant onsite was "ok" but I found the choices to be somewhat limited considering they posture themselves as a "diner". When you go, make sure you pick up groceries outside of Oroville if you can. The prices at the local grocer were quite high, although the selection was good. It is a 15-20 minute drive into town, so being fully stocked before you get there is very handy. Will definitely be going back, but maybe in July or August, when it is warmer.

Room Tip: If you have kids, get a unit close to the lake as there is a road that you need to walk down from th...
3 Thank TGDebalina
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

We had such an amazing time at the two bedroom cabin we had. The resort is so well kept and everyone is so helpful and friendly! I could really see myself coming back again and again. the only advice I have is if you come in at night bring a flashlight :) it's kind of hard to see the resort signs to find when it's really dark but once you know where it is it's super easy to find. Had a great time and the place was so spacious and well kept. Great for anyone really!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

I traveled from Vancouver, BC to Oroville,WA a few weeks ago for a girls weekend getaway, and had the time of my life at Veranda Beach! The weather could have been better, but that is our own fault for travelling in September. The staff was very friendly, and made special accommodations for us to check in (we arrived very late). We stayed in a dog-friendly 2 bedroom cottage, and it was better than I ever could have imagined! We felt very "at home" during our stay, and will definitely be booking again. Plus, the Veranda Beach wine from their own winery was delicious!
My only suggestion for the resort would be to add some lighting to their road sign, as we got in very late at night and drove by the exit several times.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

What an absolutely gorgeous place to escape to. We have been to this beautiful little resort many times and I have to say each time is unique in the fact that their seasons change and you get to experience the tranquility of Fall in their off season and then the sizzling Summer heat while they are in full swing during their busy season. I just can’t get enough of this place! Yes while every resort has their little quirks this one does too, but what I like most is that everyone is so friendly and eager to make our stay as pleasurable as humanly possible.
I have to say though if you like all the hustle and bustle and meeting new people then Summer is the time to go! They have a Diner that has pool side service (which we used daily) and a cute little Gift Shop. How pleasant is that and when the pool got a little too busy for our liking we just simply moved to the lake....ohhhhh the lake is to die for and its private...talk about a bonus there and the scenery is magnificent!
My husband and I along with our friends like to come in the Fall as well. It’s nice and quiet. However, we do have to give up the pool and diner but we understand as we have vacationed in many places throughout and find with all resorts that have dramatic weather changes they also have large occupancy changes. Makes sense.
We defiantly recommend this place as a must go to. We have met so many people who come back year after year...who does that unless they love where they are going?
Thank you Veranda Beach for everything you do and continue to do to keep such a wonderful vacation destination available. We will miss you till our next visit, which can’t be soon enough!

Langley City, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

This is our third year at Veranda Beach. It is a uniquely beautiful environment, cute cottages, lake, and pool.

We always have fun here and I am sad to say this might have to be our last year due to thoughtless customer service.

Basically, during prime pool time, 12pm - 2pm, they have "donated" their entire swimming pool the local Oroville school kids. Okay, what a pickle. You have paid to use the pool; I mean, why else are you spending the big bucks but for the resort's amenities? Well, lo and behold, the whole Grade 4 class of Oroville Elementary is there too, and you can't use the pool, surprise, it's closed!

And, I quote, "The school kids could have come earlier in the day, but they prefer to come at noon because it's more relaxing for them." Well, 12pm is a pretty relaxing time of day for my family to swim too Veranda Beach, and I'm a PAYING customer. In fact, I have been looking forward to swimming in your pool ALL YEAR LONG, like from when I booked my vacay last September 2012, when I left your resort.

Did Veranda Beach ask me if I want to donate my precious vacation time and vacation money to the local school kids? No. Did they compensate me for the nearly 8 hours of lost prime pool time? No. In fact, I was supposed to feel so happy about donating my vacation to these kids. Do I have a tax receipt for my donation? Was I consulted? "Not even a free drink for the inconvenience" as one guest in the hot tub commented.

Very tricky customer service Veranda Beach. You promised a service and then took it away. I was not advised prior to my stay that these children would be using the pool. In a way, it's a breach of contract: like buying a pair of jeans and then saying, oops, you just have to let this person borrow them first for a couple of hours. Weird.

Likewise, on our final night, the pool was suddenly "closed." They had not advised us ahead of time that the pool hours would be changing. We had planned our entire final night of holiday around the pool, and wow, now it's closed. My daughter and I were so disappointed we almost bawled.

***

When you go on holiday, you want to feel like you really matter. This type of glib treatment of the customer is frustrating. American customer service is usually outstanding, so this is really surprising.

Veranda Beach, I would like to come back, when I stay in your cute cottage I work hard to keep it sparkling, and we adore your grounds. You have a singular set-up, we honestly, with full hearts, want you to do your best.

I just simply want to feel like you appreciate my time and money being spent at your facility.

I have told countless friends and family about your amazing resort but I cannot in good conscience recommend you after this.

I have brought my concerns to the attention of the front desk and the manager who all seem rather cool in their response.

PS: I come from a rather poor, small town too and if I had been asked, I would have been pleased to donate CASH, rather than TIME, to the school kids of Oroville. Or how about a fundraising event to build them a real public pool that they can use year round? Or how about just advising guests of all these goings-on beforehand so we can decide for ourselves? or plan our day accordingly?

17 Thank Amber C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oroville
Watermark Beach Resort
Walnut Beach Resort
#4 of 26 in Osoyoos
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,057 reviews
Desert Surfside Waterfront Accomodations

Been to Veranda Beach Resort? Share your experiences!