“Good” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The White Swan

The White Swan
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Deighton
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

Great location, can't miss it being set back off the main road. Friendly service, extensive menu. Great price with some good offers too.

Visited April 2014

Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Friendly and Good Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

We called in for a meal, the bar staff were welcoming and friendly, I asked about food and they were happy to direct us to the tables we could choose from and gave us the menus. They were on hand when we were ready to order, with no pressure. We only had two courses and these were both excellent, Well presented and hot and tasted fresh and homed cooked. I do appreciate some home-cooked food is prepared ahead, I do this myself. to save wastage, this was not then killed in a Microwave, thankfully, you can tell the difference. . I would highly recommend a visit. We happened to be there on an In area pub quiz and I did think I would feel out of place. I have to say I did not. We as a couple sat had a few drinks and quietly joined in between us. It was a very comfortable welcoming pub. obliviously used to visitors and rather that shun them, actually welcome them. Thank you to all the staff who were working on Wednesday 26th March 2014. From Jacqui and Ian x

Visited March 2014
Staffordshire
“OK for a pub”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

We had a lunch here on a Thursday which was good and reasonable priced but we returned for dinner one evening and were quite disappointed with the quality of the food. In particular the veg stir fry which contained almost whole carrots and massive pieces of cauliflower, not really what you expect. OK for pub grub.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Silsden, United Kingdom
“Pleasant Service - Average Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

Went on Saturday night after New Year, so not altogether surprising it was a little quiet. Staff were friendly and helpful. Food (steak for me and mushroom stroganoff for my friend) was just ok. Nothing special but not worthy of any complaints. Reasonably priced if a little on the expensive side.

Visited January 2014
West Sussex, United Kingdom
“Excellent Sunday Lunches AND other meals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

I was amazed to read the review saying there had been a Sunday Lunch Disaster earlier this year! Surely couldn't be talking about the same place ....

We have eaten there several times and each time a delight. They take such trouble with the presentation and the food is delicious.

Ok, sometimes we HAVE had to wait a while for our starters or meals but there is a lovely atmosphere there and as the food is being freshly cooked we haven't minded the time.

Nothing seems to be too much trouble, the staff are eager to slightly alter the menu to suit different tastes and my husband, who sometimes has to use a wheelchair and hates fuss, is delighted at the attitude of the staff who are helpful but discreet and everything happens very smoothly to get him to our table, either in the bar area or the restaurant.

We always look forward to visiting the White Swan and it is very good value.

• Visited December 2013