Sandpiper Beach Resort
Ocean Crest Resort(Moclips)(Great Value!)
US$97
Agoda.com
  • Pool
US$166
US$135
US$131
Best Western Lighthouse Suites Inn(Ocean Shores)(Great Value!)
US$168
BestWestern.com
US$76
Quinault Sweet Grass Hotel(Ocean Shores)(Great Value!)
US$97
Comfort Inn and Suites(Ocean Shores)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$142
ComfortInn
Quality Inn - Ocean Shores(Ocean Shores)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$96
Agoda.com
Shilo Inns Ocean Shores(Ocean Shores)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$123
The Sands Resort(Ocean Shores)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsocean shoresgift shopwonderful placeget awayno frillsloving careeasy beach accessfully stocked kitchenlove this placeanniewalksunplugboardgamesretreatsupplies
Reviewed 11 August 2013

This place may look "older" but it is well kept up. Very clean and cozy. The walk to the beach is 30 steps and you are there. Jeff and Ben have a great heart for you as a guest and want only the best for your stay. The kitchens are complete with everything you need, just come equipped with your food for your stay. Basic provisions and beverages are sold on the premises. Been there twice and will come back again and again. DID I SAY IT IS CLEAN!!!!

Room Tip: Stay high!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jodi M
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I've stayed at the Sandpiper with adult friends as well as family with children for over 30 years. From my standpoint there is no better place on the Washington coast any time of the year. Beach access is superb, it's wide and sandy with plenty of space for long walks, kite flying, sand castle building as well as wading and swimming. From April to October there is no driving on the beach allowed ~~ great when you have small children in tow.

No TVs or telephones in the rooms! Yeah. they now have free WI-FI available for those who 'need to keep in touch'. New owners are about to take over and have planned some needed cosmetic changes and up-grades to the units, but we were there this past weekend (5 adults and 2 young boys and a lovely golden retriever) and everything was certainly ok. The kitchens are equipped and there is a fireplace in each unit which is wonderful in the early spring, fall or winter.
Wintertime is a wonderful time to visit for a quiet get-away. Each unit above the ground floor level has a balcony with 2 rockers ~~ perfect for a glass of wine, cheese and crax and a good book or a friend by your side.

I can't wait to see what changes are made in the next year and will visit again soon....I'm sure my rating will zoom to 'excellent'. The Sandpiper will always be 'no frills' I hope. I've already convinced my daughter that she'll have to drive me when I am no longer allowed behind the wheel!

Room Tip: It all depends on how many guests are coming...........I've stayed on all levels and they're all great.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank joan c
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I've stayed at the Sandpiper since 1984. It was always a reliable beach getaway place, no frills, but as others have said, "rustic charm". Haven't been there for about ten years, but was encouraged by some of the recent reviews describing the new management. Our stay was very reminiscent of previous visits (That's good!), with a few changes, mostly for the better.
First of all, the staff are excellent hosts. Jeff and Ben are welcoming and competent, getting everything correct. The Sandpiper is definitely pet-friendly, and yet our room was nice and clean with no hint of previous canine occupants. (We left it in the same condition.) All of the appliances worked well, the water pressure was excellent, and we had all necessary utensils/dishes/cookware to prepare our meals. I really appreciated the addition of decent wi-fi service in the resort, as I otherwise lacked reliable cell phone service. The gift shop is well-stocked with souvenirs and sundries offered at decent prices.
Our only disappointment was the mattress; I had a more comfortable bed while deployed to Iraq. Consequently, our quality of sleep was not very good. That really was the only downside to our return to this old favorite. We love the ready beach access, and the sound of the surf during the night.
All in all, I recommend the Sandpiper as a great beach getaway, especially if you are prepared to forego luxury in return for a low-key, relaxing experience at a decent cost.

Room Tip: If you are bringing a dog or two, try to get a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FightingLeprechaun
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Just came back from 3 days at the Sandpiper Resort. We have going there since 1988 and always have a great time. There are no tv's, telephones and spotty Internet. I think we all need to unplug, have a conversation with the person(s) you are with. Enjoy the walk or beach combing and listen to the ocean. Dogs are welcomed, service was excellent and you are right on the ocean 40 feet away. Will be going back again soon. Yes it is showing its age, the new managers plan to start updating. Go as a couple or a family and reconnect. You will be glad you did

Room Tip: No swimming pool, just the pacific ocean. Bottom rooms are better I you have larger dogs
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Careymg
Jeff A, General Manager at Sandpiper Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Thanks for your review, Careymg! We're glad you had a good experience in your recent stay at the Sandpiper.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

We spent the weekend here (end of March) and it was just fantastic. The rooms were big and clean, with sun-drenched decks and fireplaces. And the beach is so close you can almost touch it. It was a perfect place for our three-generation-plus-dog group, ranging in age from 9 to 80.

Can't say enough about how friendly everyone is, too. We were lucky enough to be here during a razor clam dig, and wandered on to the beach with a bucket and shovel (and licenses). Other guests saw that we were rookies, lent us equipment, taught us how to use it, and showed us how to clean our clams after we were done. So we had a wonderful dinner of the clams we got that morning. How cool is that?

And it gets better. The Sandpiper is very dog-friendly, which meant that we were able to bring our pooch and let her run around on the beach.

We'll be going back, and telling our friends.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family