“Great place for a getaway of family get-together...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pacific Beach
Pacific Beach Resort & Conference Center
Tacoma, WA
“Great place for a getaway of family get-together...”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

My wife and I have stayed in both the hotel and the cottages many times. The cottages are on a bluff over the beach with a fantastic view, and are a short stroll to the beach itself. Cottages are fully equipped with a complete kitchen with pots and pans and dishes. Some have a fireplace, some do not.

My two complains are no Internet except two very slow terminals in the lobby, and no elevator in the three story main hotel - so if you rent a Jacuzzi Suite, you'll be hauling your bags up and down three flights of stairs.

There is a full bar and a restaurant, no room service. The restaurant leaves something to be desired, but there are many places with excellent food withing short driving, and the nearby casino has several top notch restaurants.

There is a full gym with sauna, a two lane bowling alley, and a small theater, all free to guests. You may rent rooms for your non-DoD / Military friends during your stay. There are as well, camping and RV spots and laundry facilities.

Room Tip: The four bedroom cottages are closer to the beach.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank jbottero

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Junction City, Oregon
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Wish I had read reviews before coming here! Please be aware that the cottages are not on the beach, you have to walk down the road to access it. Upon arriving we noticed that a lot of the local businesses were closed down, and the grounds were not kept up. Every rental cottage had an overgrown lawn. Not what we expected for a military mwr. The cottage was relatively clean, but not clean enough for my standards. We had to prewash spoons, because of there was dust and food particles in the utensil drawer. In fact we pre washed the cups just to be safe. I had to run water through the coffee pot, on the brew cycle, 8 times to remove the coffee grounds inside. Our cottage had an odor, and we all felt like our sinuses were burning. We thought it was from the building being shut up for a while. We bought air spray, and kept the windows open during the day. It was cold in the evening so we shut the windows and turned on the heat.Upon getting ready to leave, I moved a large bag in the master bedroom, and discovered black mold growing on the baseboards and up the wall. It was on the wall, behind the desk, and the same wall that the headboard was against. Upon closer inspection, I found some more on the other side of bed, behind the bedside table. Odor discovered! I looked in the other rooms and found some in the second bedroom, although it was not as bad. Had we noticed it before, we would have never stayed there! I complained to the manager, showed her photos we took to prove it, yet we were still charged the full price. She acted like she didn't believe us, and we were trying to pull a fast one. Another guest heard me complaining, and followed me out to tell me that they had been given a room that smelled like something had died in it. They complained and the managers solution was to spray air freshener. It was not resolved so they were given a cottage at a reduced price. Upon returning home, my husband suffered an asthma attack, and we believe it was triggered by the mold, since it has been years since he has had one. As for other aspects of the "resort", the restaurant served poor quality food, and the service was not very good, even though there was only one other table being served. We decided to buy food at the mini mart, (no grocery stores available) and a lot of shelves were empty. We ended up spending over $50 for some milk, cereal, paper bowls, coffee and creamer, and a package of cookies. I asked what happened to the town, (a lot of businesses were closed) she informed us that it had been that way for over 5 years. I am extremely disappointed in this place. I did not expect a four star hotel, but I at least expected better care of the buildings. If you value your family's health, do not stay here!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank cmdm51927

Travellers are raving about these Pacific Beach hotels

Burlington, Iowa
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Our group included by husband and I. Our son n law (who is in the military), our daughter and their two children ages 2 and 3, and our son n laws mother. We stayed in house 302 and it was perfect! Large open living room and kitchen. Gas burning stove in the living room. Was great to take the chill off and add a little cabin atmosphere. Four bedrooms.....one had a set of bunk beds, second one had two twin beds, third had a double, and fourth had a a double with a private bath. Also another bathroom in the main area. Plenty of room for everyone! Clean and nicely updated! Beautiful ocean view and a short walk to the beach. We had several meals at the restaurant and enjoyed them. We used the bowling alley and the childrens game and play area. The beach was very nice and wide. Lots of room for the children to play without being close to the water. We spent time picking up Sand Dollars off the beach and just playing in the sand. We also flew kites. They have a small move theater that we did not have time to fit in. Just a wonderful place to relax and spend time together as a family. We brought games for evening entertainment. We were a little surprised by the quality of the grocery store in town.....bring as much of your food as possible with you....the store was very, very small and run down. You always have high prices at grocery stores in resort areas but in this case the store had a very limited selection of food and nothing fresh. Pacific Beach Resort is an excellent value! We loved our stay here!

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank ddnagshead
Reviewed 5 May 2013 via mobile

I and my mother come here every year and reserve a house. We prefer the lower ocean front which also has a propain freestanding fireplace. Luckily for the past two years we got the first house #300 which has a lovely view (I think the best view). Anyway everything you need is there. Fully equipped kitchen, two bathrooms, four bedrooms. Really great. The only one downside is the living room furniture. Unless you are a short tiny person the sofa is uncomfortable. With the wonderfullness of everything else we can live with that though. One other thing is if you reserve a house you have the kitchen , do your own cooking. The restaurant there is not good. Other than that it is great.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank pollygirls
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 11 April 2013

We mostly stay at the RV park. It is average because there is no sewer, just water and electric. However, it is right on the bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean. You can walk down to the long, long beach in just five minutes. The resort is small. They have a huge, nice hot tub and a fun zone for kids. The bowling alley is a small four lane job, but is fun. Wii/Xbox and movies are checked out for free. Nice gift shop. Nearby is the new little village of Seabrook. You can take your kids there to paint ceramics at Colors. Lots of fun and the owner is awesome. This is a decent getaway for families. The Naval Resort does not have security, but it has been safe and charming on all our many visits. The resort is about 20 minutes from Ocean Shores. The RV park at $20 a night is a good deal. The shower/bathroom facilities are old but work fine. Beware...there is no wireless outside the main lobby of the resort and no cell phone signal for T-mobile in Pacific Beach and most of the resort.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Bellingham, WA
Reviewed 8 October 2012

My wife & I (plus extended family) have been staying here at least once a year for the last 9 or so years (with the exception of 2012...due to various reasons, we just couldn't make it this year).

We got married at Pacific Beach in 2005...even had the wedding on the beach (at the south end of the resort, where the sand is a little softer, near the state park).

Over the years, we've stayed in the Presidential Suite, the Standard rooms, the Jacuzzi Suite (during the wedding), 3-bedroom cottages (houses) non-ocean-view, and also in the 4-bedroom Ocean-view.
Overall, we've been pretty happy with every one of our stays.
Yes, i do agree with another reviewer that one of the showers is pretty small, i believe it was in the standard room; we're talking tiny shower-stalls. But in all the other accommodations, we've had plenty of room in the showers.

We love the hot tub (located same building as the gym).

Sometimes, the mattresses seemed kind of hard, but I've usually had no problems sleeping.

The front desk will, upon request, give you a high/low tide chart....it's fun to go look for sand dollars during low tide.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Seattle
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I shared a room with family at the PBRCC in August. I was told these buildings and rooms were former military facilities and housing and it definitely looks like it. The rooms are very basic, a bit on the low end of the scale, but clean and functional. Our room was on the small side with two queen beds side by side, but there was a desk area, doorless walk in closet which doubled as the vanity and morning coffee station, a bathroom with tight shower stall (I'm petite and I was hitting my elbows on the sides of the shower stall plus no tub), a nice sized refrigerator with freezer (larger than dorm size fridges but not a full size fridge), a microwave, and TV. It's very basic and compatible with the amount you spend for the room. But here are the pros and cons to booking at PBRCC.

Pros:
*The Luau is awesome!! You must go! The people are great and the food tasty :) It was held indoors this time due to the forecast which was cold, windy, and misty. It was a great time all in all.
*The scenic drive
*The ability to camp on the grounds for $5-$10 bucks per night I believe. You can pitch your tent there and no stay in the rooms.
*Access to the beach.
*Friendly people
*Espresso stand inside the gift shop
*Gift shop sells water that won't totally gouge your wallet. They even sell one gallon jugs of water.
*Gift Shop
*Restaurant on the property/attached to the property
*Luau on the grounds, no further driving
*Beds were comfy
*Nice sized frigde with freezer and microwave in room
*Keurig in the rooms with K-Cups! :) :)
*Plenty of toiletries, towels, and extra bedding provided.
*Great closet space and dresser available
*Ocean mist in the morning
*The smell of the water coming into your room. I love that salty air and the sound of the ocean.
*Vending machines
*Open sitting area downstairs to watch TV with others or use your laptop.

Cons:
*No sink in the toilet/shower room. Use your other hand to open the door or there will be cross contamination on that door knob when you head over to the walk in closet/coffee station/vanity room. Yuck! You can always wash your hands in the shower, though.
*HORRIBLE WIFI! The hotel provides wifi in the lobby and provides desktop computers for use in the lobby but there is usually a line. You can take your laptop downstairs. I was able to get wifi on my Android only if it was pointed in a certain direction in my room. I survived 24 hrs with spotting connection, but if you definitely need the connection, find another place to stay or check your device. Check with your service provider. We all had Sprint and the iPad worked fine for a period of time but otherwise we were out of luck with my laptop and phones, even with texting.
*Stains on poly comforter - Always take this off, it's icky in any hotel/motel/resort. Makes me itch just thinking about it.
*Carpet was iffy. It was dark and I'm sure it was clean, but still, I wore my shoes and socks while in the room, or tip toed to and from the bed.

As you can read, there are lots of pros vs cons. If you can survive not being as connected as you would like to social media and other tech gadgets, I would think twice. It's a great place, great Luau, and meets basic needs. If you can, book a cottage which is also available. They are a little walk or super quick drive from the main resort but they are great looking and look very comfy. The cottages require a two-night minimum stay. :)

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pacific Beach
Quality Inn - Ocean Shores
Quality Inn - Ocean Shores
#6 of 14 in Ocean Shores
Best Western Lighthouse Suites Inn

Been to Pacific Beach Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!