“friendly mom and pop diner”
Review of Paddie's Perch

Paddie's Perch
Ranked #13 of 13 Restaurants in Pacific Beach
Cuisines: American
Description: Google has it listed.
Description: Google has it listed.
Reviewed 2 October 2012

We ate here while staying in Moclips. It was a classic mom and pop place with the owners functioning as the cook and the waitress. They were very friendly and the food arrived promptly. We were there on a Friday so I got to try their clam chowder. It was very good. My husband chose the halibut and chips. I think it came pre-breaded and frozen. They make their own pies and have quite a selection. We tried banana cream and pear custard. Both were tasty.

1  Thank outdoorlovinfamily

Reviewed 27 September 2012

Horrible service! I was blatantly ignored. I walked in and stood at the counter to ask a question about the dining hours. (I'm a pleasant looking person--I smile a lot and I'm non-intimidating.) Three people in the kitchen area and not one acknowledged me. If that wasn't bad enough, a server came out, I said, "Excuse me." She paused and looked at me then tuned away from me and headed to another table. I couldn't believe it! At any point a simple, "We'll be right with you," would have saved the whole experience. We took our business to Ocean Shores. I work too hard for my money to spend it in a place that would treat any customer like that.

10  Thank The_irwins
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Just got a burger which tasted like bad meat. I've heard other good reviews. I'd skip the burger and stick with the specials.

8  Thank Teri C
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Based on previous reviews, my husband and I came to Paddie's Perch from Moclips for dinner as the options in the area are very limited. (By the way, the name of the place is taken from the team of Patty and Eddie, owners, cooks and waitstaff.) Everyone in the restaurant were locals as the summer season has ended. My husband had the rock cod special, choosing green beans over a baked potato (strange choice, in my opinion). The cod was good, the beans obviously frozen, but he liked them. I had the fettucine alfredo and it was really good. We both had a cup of chowder to start - excellent, accompanied by homemade biscuits with cheese and green onions in them. These were nice and warm and we thoroughly enjoyed them. We were both too full for dessert so we took a slice of peach and a slice of pumpkin pie with us for later. We were not disappointed. The restaurant itself was clean and inviting. They have a dining room area, but we sat in the booth area beside the counter. I appreciated that the TV was tuned to the history channel rather than a sports event.

3  Thank Barbara B
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I love going here with girlfriends instead of my husband so I can eat such yummy things without feeling guilty LOL Love their dinner specials which usually has some kind of fresh fish. Chowder is excellent! Home make biscuits with dinner are a plus too. Large portions, especially chicken fried steak, so your usually too full for desert but take a piece of pie home for later...you won't be sorry! YUMMO! Last visit I took home Lemon/sourcream, had no idea what that was but it was like a wonderful piece of cheese cake with a crust. Owners are great, and don't know how Paddie does it but she is always right on top of things. Great service.

1  Thank lovesmoclips