“Better than our past experience”

Mill 109 Restaurant and Pub
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We had gone here for dinner last year and my review indicated our disappointment. This year we stopped in for lunch and were pleased with our meals. I think we made better choices after our last experience. We shared a Pear Salad , delicious with candied nut, light pear vinaigrette dressing and pears of course- and a BLT&A sandwich. It was during the week and the restaurant was not busy. Our service was friendly.
We would return, just keep our choices to more typical foods.

2  Thank lopezbiker
There are newer reviews for Mill 109 Restaurant and Pub

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Our family stayed at Seabrook for a couple of nights, but planned poorly by not bringing our own food to prepare. We ate at Mill 109 three times during our stay, and were disappointed at each meal. The crab cakes had a pathetic amount of crab and weren't even presented in a "cake", but as a pile of crumbs. The burgers had little flavor, and the Cesar salad way too much dressing. The fish tacos had a funky sauce that was more Indian then "taco".
A good note: the French fries were good, and they had a small selection of craft beers.
Overall, the food was way overpriced for its quality. We will not be spending our money at this restaurant again. If your family is staying at Seabrook, bring your own food to prepare. Don't waste your time or money at Mill 109.

2  Thank Coug9
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We had gone in the restaurant for a snack one afternoon and since we were a party 8 we had two tables of 4. Okay, no problem it was a beer and snacks not haute cuisine. It was fun and my 3 grandkids loved the fries and the Mac and Cheese with Crab Cake. The adult table had their brews and fries and we decided to go back for our last dinner on Friday night.
Well, in the ads it says call for reservations which I did. I was informed they didn't take reservations but if I called back 30 minutes before we wanted to come in they would put us on the wait list. Ok, not problem and I did that and I was very clear, we were a party of 8. Less than 10 minutes later they called us back and said they had a table ready and would hold the table 10 minutes. We were there in 5 minutes and lo and behold they had NOT held a table for 8 but they had split us again, 4 and 4. In eavesdropping on the 4 people behind us, they had taken our table and the restaurant staff was not willing to move 2 tables together and frankly they didn't give a damn.
Since it was already 7:30pm we stayed and ate a pretty pedestrian meal. When you are the only game in town you can do whatever you like, whenever you like.
Sorry, the food was not exciting, the clam chowder was tasteless, my patty meal was SSSOOO dry I just took it apart and bathed it in catsup, fish and chips were breading and chips, the fish tacos were not acceptable to the 14 year old and she loves fish and the grilled chicken breast was more like blackened chicken breast.
I don't know what to tell you, I hope the competition comes to town, quickly.

3  Thank OLDFirefighter
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Pretty high end rentals should get a pretty decent place to eat. Ordered safe...fish & chips and a local crab cake. Fish was too ruin so very dry and rubbery. Crab cake was very average. Not bad, just not good.

2  Thank Patty H
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We enjoyed dinner here our first night at Seabrook. The food was very good. My husband and I had fish and chips, some of the best we ever had. While the place is small, we did not have to wait for a table. Price point was as we expected for a resort community.

2  Thank Mel R