“DO NOT STAY AT THIS MOTEL 6!”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Pasco
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Do not stay here! Stay anywhere else in Pasco Washinton but here. This motel is extremely dirty, unsanitary, unsafe, and illegal activities are occuring with the hotel staff fully aware of the situation and they simply they do not care.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Bill H
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn

Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

I can not think of any place in the past 14 years that compared to this place in "sucking the life out of my soul" in a mater of 20 mins or less. The desk help was so painful that I would work the worst day of my job for free twice than spend 10 more minutes in this motel 6 lobby. It stank, it was dirty, it was altogether rather creepy. The lady was as nice as she knew how to be which would be like trying to warm up to one of those cactus' with the fuzzy prickers on them.... You don't realize how bad your hurt until later!
I truly felt like my brain was being numbed to the point that I wanted to run away but felt lucky if I could crawl out of there. Lets just say that the only thing better about my room than the lobby was that the lady is not in here to! Not yet anyway...
We had to bring our own towells from the lobby because we were told there was none in our room...
Yeah, I know it's motel 6! But this place isn't worthy of being called even motel .1!

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank BenjaminConant
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Staff was friendly even when training a new staff member. They we're willing to get extra things for us as soon as they can.

When entering the room a strong smell of mildew came over me. The sheet had lots of hair, stains, and pencil shavings. The shower had hair all over it, the walls had humity stains and the fan was falling out. Above where the vent is was falling apart and a lot of rust around the open area. I had the heat on high and the room nearly was warm enough. I asked for a roll away bed for the room when I made reservation, but due to state championship they didn't have enough.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here because it was half the price of anything else around, perhaps this is why: non-smoking room had clearly very recently been a smoking room, woke up with asthma and sinus issues. Carpet was nasty filthy. Ceiling was falling down around airconditioner. Drywall was falling apart. Walls were dirty. Ancient linoleum in bathroom was bubbling up. They gave someone else our room in the middle if the night, kinda hard to go back to sleep after you leap out of bed ready to fight off intruders. And to top it off, THERE WASN'T ANY HOT WATER IN THE SHOWER! To be fair the kid at the front desk was nice.

• Stayed: August 2013
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

Dear Beechdriver - Thank you for sharing your review. We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the odor, cleanliness and maintenance issues you encountered, as well as the lack of hot water in your shower. These issues are certainly not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality. We kindly encourage you to contact our guest relations department via telephone so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

You know.. there is nothing like pulling into a motel where hookers ask if you need room service, or where METH dealers ask if you need to score. couple of things.. I need my car and belongings so leaving it in a dark lot with no security is a problem.. I was actually so curious that I wanted to see a room/stall and I was right in thinking that this place needs to be put to use as what it is.. a animal shelter.. as I have seen cleaner stalls at the shelters.

DONT BOTHER STOPPING

Pros.. great location
Cons.. hookers, drug dealers, dirty rooms, unsafe, dark, no security, dead trees surround the motel, creepy looking ..

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank ken j
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Dear ken j – We sincerely apologize for the negative conditions you encountered during your stay. The cleanliness and security issues you experienced are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please contact our guest relations department to report your experience so we can serve you better in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

How bad can a Motel 6 be? This place should be condemned -- even Motel 6 has minimum standards and this place was just awful.

When I checked in at 10:30 on a Friday night, the desk clerk was too busy talking to someone else behind the counter to even acknowledge that I was there for several minutes. He finally tore himself away to check me in after having trouble finding my reservation, and gave me my room key. As I drove through the parking lot to get to my room on the side of the building facing the highway, I noticed about 8 single men sitting in their darkened cars, backed in to the parking stalls. This is a signal to gay men who are looking for quick, anonymous sex. I began to really have concerns about this place.

When I entered my room, it felt like a blast furnace inside. The air temperature outside was 88 degrees, and the room was probably 20 degrees hotter. There was no air conditioner unit in the room, only a wall mounted thermostat with the markings worn off so I couldn't tell whether the heat or cool was on. I called the front desk to ask how to turn on the cool air and the clerk laughed at me, then held the phone away from his ear to have a conversation in Spanish with someone in the office, and then I heard them both laughing uproariously, obviously at my expense. The room never did cool off, and I finally managed to pry the window open a few inches although it was bent and stubborn to open. That was perhaps a good thing because it allowed me to listen for any of the unsavory characters wandering around who might have tried to break into my car.

The room itself was dirty -- stained carpet, walls were dirty and had holes and patched areas. One thin towel in the bathroom and one tiny bar of soap. The bed was broken down and wobbled like jello. There were cigarette burns on the furniture and the bathroom counter, even though the place was posted "no smoking" throughout the motel. The sidewalk in front of my room was littered with cigarette butts, a wilted rose, condom wrappers and bits of paper -- none of which was cleaned up in the two days I stayed there.

When I woke up in the morning, there were about 50 dead beetles on the floor in the bathroom.

My reservation was for two nights. As I was heading back to the motel after a long, hot day working at a trade show, I was seriously considering making the six hour drive home instead of spending a second night at this hell hole but I was so tired I decided to stay the second night and leave in the morning. The man working at the booth next to mine at the trade show was a local, and was horrified when I told him where I was staying. He had strongly urged me not to return and spend a second night at that Motel 6, concerned for my safety.

The room was still swelteringly hot, and the beetles were now crawling on the bedspread. They were not bedbugs...they were larger and quite active. Someone had "made up" the room while I was away by making the bed and sweeping up the dead bugs on the bathroom floor, but the one towel had been replaced with a dirty towel with a fresh-looking bloodstain on it. Amazingly, my laptop was still on the desk -- I would not have been surprised to find it missing when I returned to the room.

There was a wild party going on upstairs from my room and I could hear every footstep, scream, music thumping, and car doors slamming all night. I finally got up about 5:30 in the morning to get out there and get home. I felt bugs crawling on me in the night, and there was another fresh batch of dead beetles on the bathroom floor in the morning. The only good thing to say about this place is there was good water pressure in the shower and plenty of hot water.

If you are really on a budget, just sleep in your car in a rest area -- you will feel a lot safer and better rested. I paid about $45.00 per night for the room but it was far, far too much and I was creeped out by the whole scene, and I've stayed in some pretty sketchy places in my life.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank saltchuck
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Worst hotel room I have ever stayed in my entire life. Rooms are super small. Only one towel provided in bathroom. 2 bars of soap, no shampoo or other personal items to use. The room had ripped sheets, stained comforters from the 70's, stained walls, holes in the walls, stained bathroom floors, even the drapes were stained. Overall discusting room and for $80 a night ??? This place defines the term flea bag motel. Oh the neighbors next door kept coming into our room as the dividing door would not stay locked !!!! This place is the bottom of the barrel !! The only thing missing was the crime scene tape or an outline of a dead body - but I'm sure if we stayed longer than one night we would have seen that as well !!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank BendOregon223
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasco
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Kennewick / Tri-Cities
Econo Lodge
#17 of 17 in Kennewick
My Place Hotel-Pasco, WA
Best Western Plus Pasco Inn & Suites

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!