“HOTEL FROM HELL. . . PLEASE REMOVE FROM TRIP ADVISOR”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Pasco
Reviewed 2 August 2014

THIS IS NOT A LEGITIMATE HOTEL THAT SHOULD BE LISTED ON ANY WEBSITE! I knew from the time we drove up that we should just turn around, but we have 5 little kids, and we arrived at 1 am after the other Motel 6 gave our reservation away to somebody else (!!!) and bumped us over to this place. After my husband checked in, they told him that they were turning all of the water off in the entire hotel at 8 am for repairs! He came and told me, and I sent him back to cancel our stay, because all of the kids needed baths desperately after travel and because we were arriving at a family reunion the next day. We spent 45 minutes out in the car calling every hotel in town (while the police circled around in the parking lot- great sign!), and they were all booked up due to an Iron Man competition. So he re-checked in. Bad mistake! Here it is in a nutshell: numbers dangling from doors, farm-worker shoes piled up outside of many of the rooms, beer bottles piled up outside another door, the pool totally covered with tarp, held by big piles of broken concrete pieces. Disgusting is an understatement for the rooms (we had two rooms). There were dried up drink spills on every table, the comforters are multi-colored, but couldn't hide the many dried-up spills (not washed), THE SHEETS WERE COVERED IN HAIRS, AND THE PILLOWS HAD DRIED UP FLUIDS ALL OVER THEM!!! (and it's not like they just forgot to fix up this room- the beds were neatly made- they just didn't care!), there were hairs in the shower as well. We have 5 kids, ages 1 - 11, and I was freaking out, to say the least. With nothing else we could do, my husband went down and got sheets to cover all of the beds. Thankfully, we had extra blankets along and slept under them. The other thing that saved us is that we had a Travel Sport Berkey sipper cup, which is capable of turning pond water and even nuclear contaminated water into purified water. We drank only from that- all of us- and brushed our teeth from it too. We would have been better off sleeping sitting up at a rest stop, for sure. But the night before, we hadn't gotten into our hotel until 4am (and after a mix up there, not to sleep until after 5am), and just couldn't stay up any longer this night to keep on driving, or to deal with sleeping on the side of the road, esp with kids strapped into car seats. But looking back, I wish we could have. It is complete insanity that this place is even listed on Trip Advisor, Travelocity, Hotels.com, etc. CONSIDER THIS A FORMAL COMPLAINT. THIS HOTEL NEEDS TO BE REMOVED PROMPTLY FROM YOUR SITE.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 July 2014

This motel is in big need of renovation. The reception staff folks are very friendly and helpful, but the grounds around the motel are littered with trash. The big rigs park close and rev up their motors at 6 A.M. The pool is covered with a big dirty tarp....in June! The beds are saggy and worn, the sink faucet leaked, neighbors doors slam at all hours of the night. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Arrived at this desolate site only to be given a room that was very moldy smelling and the curtains were torn; given another room with filthy, unchanged bed linens and long, black hairs not only in the bed but on the towel in the bathroom. We asked for and got a refund. DO NOT STAY HERE - PERHAPS IT WILL BE CONDEMNED and rightly so.

Room Tip: Stay at another motel
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Pat S
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Do not stay here! Stay anywhere else in Pasco Washinton but here. This motel is extremely dirty, unsanitary, unsafe, and illegal activities are occuring with the hotel staff fully aware of the situation and they simply they do not care.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Bill H
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

I can not think of any place in the past 14 years that compared to this place in "sucking the life out of my soul" in a mater of 20 mins or less. The desk help was so painful that I would work the worst day of my job for free twice than spend 10 more minutes in this motel 6 lobby. It stank, it was dirty, it was altogether rather creepy. The lady was as nice as she knew how to be which would be like trying to warm up to one of those cactus' with the fuzzy prickers on them.... You don't realize how bad your hurt until later!
I truly felt like my brain was being numbed to the point that I wanted to run away but felt lucky if I could crawl out of there. Lets just say that the only thing better about my room than the lobby was that the lady is not in here to! Not yet anyway...
We had to bring our own towells from the lobby because we were told there was none in our room...
Yeah, I know it's motel 6! But this place isn't worthy of being called even motel .1!

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank BenjaminConant
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Staff was friendly even when training a new staff member. They we're willing to get extra things for us as soon as they can.

When entering the room a strong smell of mildew came over me. The sheet had lots of hair, stains, and pencil shavings. The shower had hair all over it, the walls had humity stains and the fan was falling out. Above where the vent is was falling apart and a lot of rust around the open area. I had the heat on high and the room nearly was warm enough. I asked for a roll away bed for the room when I made reservation, but due to state championship they didn't have enough.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here because it was half the price of anything else around, perhaps this is why: non-smoking room had clearly very recently been a smoking room, woke up with asthma and sinus issues. Carpet was nasty filthy. Ceiling was falling down around airconditioner. Drywall was falling apart. Walls were dirty. Ancient linoleum in bathroom was bubbling up. They gave someone else our room in the middle if the night, kinda hard to go back to sleep after you leap out of bed ready to fight off intruders. And to top it off, THERE WASN'T ANY HOT WATER IN THE SHOWER! To be fair the kid at the front desk was nice.

• Stayed: August 2013
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

Dear Beechdriver - Thank you for sharing your review. We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the odor, cleanliness and maintenance issues you encountered, as well as the lack of hot water in your shower. These issues are certainly not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality. We kindly encourage you to contact our guest relations department via telephone so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasco
My Place Hotel-Pasco, WA
Hampton Inn & Suites Pasco/Tri-Cities
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#4 of 11 in Pasco

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!