“Excellent for Business Travelers”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Pasco
Tacoma, WA
“Excellent for Business Travelers”
Reviewed 17 May 2013

This property gets good reviews in general (as do most HIEs). and they deserve it, as the rooms are well maintained and cleaner than many. The day we checked in the hotel was installing new pillows in all the rooms on our floor, and the fresh, larger, firmer, pillows were a treat. We also appreciate the small bottles of dish soap in the wet bar area, it's nice not to have to wash your dishes with bath soap! The Pasco property is quiet yet convenient to highways, as well as shopping and restaurants.

Room Tip: Best views on the west side of hotel, but quieter on the east side (away from the parking lot).
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bksgrrrl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed 19 April 2013 via mobile

Everything was terrific, one of the best hotels I have had ever stayed at. Rooms were super clean, great location, secure. Staff is excellent. Of all the places I have stayed in the tri-cities I would recommend.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Goldiegolderson
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 March 2013

I really liked my stay here at the Holiday Inn in Pasco. Very clean rooms, good breakfast, and my fav chocolate chip cookies in the afternoon. There is plenty of stuff to do around this HI. Great place.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Red_Alert_V
TuRok84, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, 29 March 2013
Red_Alert_V, thank you very much for your Feedback. We really appreciate your kind words of our property and I will pass them along to the entire staff. We hope to see you again soon in the near future. Have a great day. Safe travels to all!
Aiken, SC
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Very nice rooms but too distant from restaurants. Nice rooms; more spacious than the sister hotel in Kinnewick. Good breakfast. Has pool. WiFi service was dependable -- somewhat more reliable than the sister hotel in Kinnewick. Noisy when there are baseball games in progress at the very nearby stadium. The wind howled through the air conditioner throughout the night.

I had a problem with billing service too. I've seen three posting to my account from this single visit.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
sdfink, Thank you for taking time to review our Hotel. I am sorry you felt like there was not enough restaurants in the are but we do have over 20 restaurants with in 5 mins and 10 walking distance. We are sure glad you were able to enjoy the breakfast and wifi service. We look forward to making your next trip to Pasco one to remember.
Have a Great day and Safe travels to all!
Woodland, California
Reviewed 9 March 2013

This place is a little out of the way, but for a business stop-over was fine. Had everything you need: free WiFi, free breakfast, adequate fitness room, helpful front desk staff, okay bed and room. My only complaint with HIE tends to be thin walls - woken up at 6am by a truck leaving then the neighbour showering. Probably best to go for the 3rd or 4th floor.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
TuRok84, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
Bluejack45 allow me to thank you for taking time to review our Hotel.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the Breakfast, Fitness Center and Wi-Fi.
Thank you for choosing HIE Pasco on your last trip and we look forward to providing you with the best service in the area on your next trip. Have a Great Day and Safe Travels to all!!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 20 December 2012

Stayed here recently on business and while I can't say I was wowed I can say the stay was very pleasant. The service however is outstanding! One of the front office managers worked with me to secure a corporate rate for the client I was visiting. He also assisted me in changing my reservation when I was delayed by a day due to issues with my inbound flight. Really great customer service.

I was upgraded to an executive sweet which features a small kitchenette area (no stove), living room with comfortable chair and desk area. The sleeping area is semi-private from the living area with both areas sharing a TV.

The property and room seemed well maintained and I getting a couple of candies each night from the housekeeper was an unexpected nice touch.

I'll definitely stay here again should work bring me back to Pasco.

Room Tip: There are some rooms directly across from the elevator. Personally I'd want to avoid these. If...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank griff72
TuRok84, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, 26 December 2012
Griff72 Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

We take pride in the way the Hotel looks and Operates! Our goal is to create a clean, welcoming feel to all guest's day in day out, and to provide higher then standard customer service! I will pass your kind words to all of our Great staff members as we all come together to make our Home away from Home a Great Place to stay!!

Thank you Very much.
Have a Happy New Year
and Safe Travels to all!!
Reviewed 14 November 2012

Let me first say that I would stay here again. They fell short in a few areas, but overall, I think it's worth a stay.

This hotel is pretty new and they have already fallen into the typical category that they snub Platnium Members of Priority Club. They probably embrase Gold and Silver members, but certainly not Platinum. This hotel has a nice lobby, the breakfast each day is better than the normal Holiday Inn Express hotels (for some reason, same offering, this just tasted better). My room was fine although I couldn't control the fan on the heater.

Several visits ago, I stayed at a different Holiday Inn and there was a Manager Reception for Gold and Silver member, (note that Platinum were excluded) and I was told they were trying to connect with those travelers. I guess they assumed that as a Platinum Member they had us. This hotel seems to have adopted the same policy. I was on my way to the pool and saw the reception and was told that it was going on. No one mentioned anything to me during the few days I had stayed there.

Also, I found the housekeeping to miss a lot of details. I had arrived and my wheeled suitcase grabbed onto some leaves and leave particles even after I arrived at the hotel. Some pieces of the leaves fell on the floor and I tried pick them up, but I couldn't get them all. It took the housekeeping staff 2 days to vacuum up the particles. In addition, I ran out of facial tissue and the housekeeping staff didn't replace the box of tissues. I had to call the front desk for the facial tissue. When there isn't tissue, I think the housekeeping staff should replace the empty boxes, but not in my room.

The hotel made the wake up calls on time, another benchmark that I use in evaluating hotels. The wake up call was on time each day and as a business traveller, I rely on wake up calls. I use my cell phone as a back up since I don't trust hotels to make the wake up call. This hotel came through on the wake up calls and they were on time.

Also, I found the front desk people to being very helpful. They provided me excellent directions and recommendations for restaurants in the area. Good guys at the front desk.

An OK hotel, but a few details overlooked. I choose this hotel versus the other ones in the area after other reviews. I wasn't super happy over a couple of the details, but I would return to this hotel. The pool area and the spa were very well kept and the spa was very comfortable.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank 678855
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasco
Hampton Inn & Suites Pasco/Tri-Cities
Best Western Plus Pasco Inn & Suites
My Place Hotel-Pasco, WA
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#5 of 11 in Pasco
Hampton Inn Richland / Tri-Cities
Hilton Garden Inn Tri-Cities/Kennewick

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites? Share your experiences!