“A Place to Avoid”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Pasco
Paradise Valley, Arizona
“A Place to Avoid”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We stayed there on April 11 and 12. This hotel caters to youth sports teams. During our stay the place was overrun with young girls (8-14) that did not have adequate supervision. They ran up and down the halls, yelling and pounding on each other's doors. They rode the elevators as a source of entertainment and would not get off so that we could go to our room. They were laying on the floor of the elevator eating and ignoring guests. The hotel management could only shrug their shoulders but did nothing to help our situation. The breakfast room was also overrun by the same youth in the morning. A word of advice - STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE. IT IS A DISASTER!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask if they have sports teams staying there. If so, look elsewhere.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank R Sam C
HIEPasco_Mgt, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pasco-TriCities, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Hello R Sam C,

As we discussed on the phone before you wrote this review, this was a very busy weekend in the Tri-Cities due to the NSA Ice Breaker Softball Tournament which brought in 183 girls softball teams ranging in age from 9 years old to 18 years old. We do not just cater to youth sports teams, we cater to and treat all of our guests the same no matter what brings them to town. As we discussed, we do have policies and procedures in place when we do have sports teams in and they were followed that weekend. If there is an issue during your stay the only way for us to know is by you bringing it to our attention. It takes a lot to ensure everything runs smoothly during these times and we have been very successful with how we do it. We go above and beyond to ensure we do not run out of food during breakfast and even keep it open an hour longer then normal to make sure we accommodate everyone. I do apologize that you did not enjoy your stay and you are always welcome here anytime you are in there area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

The staff at check in and check out were very courteous and helpful.

The room was clean and comfortable. I had a king suite. Good workspace and a place to lounge.

Breakfast was fairly standard for holiday inn express.

Location is easy and there are a lot if shopping and dining options nearby.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Dan C
HIEPasco_Mgt, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pasco-TriCities, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Hello TheGapper,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that we were able to meet all of your needs and look forward to taking care of you on our future stays as well.
Walla Walla, Washington
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I debated whether to write this review at all. The staff themselves was great, they were preparing for their Christmas party but were all in very good spirits. They accommodated my early check in, and were nothing but professional.

So why the rating? Well, I was in town for business but I also had my GF celebrating a special occasion. I decided to splurge for the executive suite. The amenities were sparse; the separate seating area was actually one Chair that appeared to be from the 70s. To sit together with my GF, we actually had to drag out the chair from the working area to just sit together. The decor was very dated, the TV was very small and the “Bedroom area” was downright claustrophobic. Had I encountered these things in a standard room, I would have not wrote this review. But the fact that for the same price, I was able to get a 700+ square foot suite in the same town, it was downright false advertising.

So in closing, stay at this hotel if you must, the staff are great. But get the cheapest room possible as I had their best, and it was scarcely worth it.

Room Tip: Try another hotel, but if you do have to book here then don't get the suite.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Josh H
HIEPasco_Mgt, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pasco-TriCities, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Hello Josh H,

We greatly appreciate you sending us your feedback about your recent visit with us! While we are happy that our staff were able to make a good impression with you...we wish we would could have provided a better experience for you with our rooms as well. The particular room you reserved is more for our business traveler who may be needing the extra desk space. We generally would suggest one of our standard king rooms to better fit you as it offers a king bed along with a couch that would be more comfortable for two people. In the future please don't hesitate to request one of those with our staff and we'd be happy to accommodate you. We hope you can come stay with us again in the future so we can really make your stay special!
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Good, clean HIE. I don't believe it's fair to say this is a typical HIE. They are not all the same. This is a very good one. Breakfast was ready before 6 am which is a huge bonus. I travel to this area often and hotels here book early. Which I'm sure is the reason for the price. But this is a good hotel.

Front staff is a good one as well. Cousins next door is a good resultant to get your food and and get out quickly.

Stayed February 2014
3 Thank dcbone27
Greetings dcbone27!

I am so excited that you were able to have a good time here at our hotel! We have try tried our best to improve the service and hotel quality overall and hope we can continue to take care of you in the future. Anytime you need a place to stay please don't hesitate to call us as we want to raise your HIE experience to the next level! Thanks for staying with us!
Murray, Utah
Reviewed 7 December 2013

What a fantastic Hotel Host. He was VERY accommodating to my needs and more than helpful with each request that I had. I was upgraded to a very nice room that had all the amenities I needed. Very clean hotel and was as close to home as I could have felt even though I was 1,000 miles away. It makes a big difference to the road warriors to have a hotel franchise they can call home. Holiday Inn has become mine. Pasco Holiday Inn is above the high expectations I have.

Room Tip: The suites were very nice and even though I was close to the Elevator I never heard a single person.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank skylerbaird
HIEPasco_Mgt, Front Office at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pasco-TriCities, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Hello skylerbaird,

Thank you for your review! We are excited to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our team took good care of you! Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need anything in the future as we would be delighted to assist. You are always welcome and we look forward to seeing you on the next trip!
Lake Mary, Florida, USA
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

It is a little expensive, So I try to take advantage of the good breakfast and hot tub/inside pool. But I have stayed at a least expensive hotel In the area which made me come here for this trip. You get what you pay for. Staff is nice and cleaning service is wonderful. Very clean hotel. Spacious rooms that are modern. Its always a nice and quiet stay.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
HIEPasco_Mgt, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pasco-TriCities, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Hello optionsjb, thank you for your kind review! I am glad that when you are in town that you have chosen to frequent our hotel and that you take advantage of most of our great amenities! See you on your next trip to the Tri-Cities!
Lake Ozark, Missouri
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I don't know why my room cost north of $130/night. Maybe all the hotels in the area are pricey, but I thought the area would be less expensive.
Nice rooms; typical HIE. Clean & comfortable, but nothing extraordinary.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
HIEPasco_Mgt, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pasco-TriCities, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Hello bassn386! Thank you for your kind review of our hotel, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay while you were in Pasco, WA. Our rate is very competitive to other hotels in the area that have the same amenities that we offer. Next time you are visiting the area let us make your stay extraordinary!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasco
Hampton Inn & Suites Pasco/Tri-Cities
Best Western Plus Pasco Inn & Suites
My Place Hotel-Pasco, WA
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#4 of 11 in Pasco
Clover Island Inn Kennewick
Homewood Suites by Hilton Richland

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pasco-TriCities? Share your experiences!