“love to stop here”

46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“love to stop here”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This is such a fun place to stop every season. We enjoy shopping here and always get a bread mix or pickles or jam or some sort. We also got a couple unique books for gifts. It has a beautiful clean restroom. A month ago we had a bratwurst outside in the picnic type area and it was yummy. Elk bratwurst is the way to go.

Visited November 2013

Seattle, Washington
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“A Great Place to Visit with the Grandkids”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Whenever I am in Wenatchee visiting my grandkids we always end up here to let the kids play, run and have fun. This place is setup to entertain the kids with an animal feeding and petting area, play area, gold panning, an old fashion maze, apple sling and a cow ride. The petting area requires a real small fee to get in and the money helps them to feed the animals. The fruit stand building has a good selection of local honey, pickles, wines, jams/jellies, popcorn, etc. and plenty of free samples to try. A pretty popular place because the parking lot is always full when we stop by. I know for sure I will be returning again and again. There is something for everyone to enjoy.

Pateros, Washington
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Pretty neat!”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I drove 2hrs to Smallwood's Harvest because I'd heard it was the best in the area! My kids had a blast...the maze, gold panning and bounce house, the cow ride and apple sling shot was a hit. The petting zoo was pretty neat, my children really enjoyed it....however The Egg Farm was horrible....those chickens were pecked nearly to death. Someone needs to put them out of their misery...my 5 year old son asked why the chickens were bleeding.... Just sayin'. My wallet was hit pretty hard too....I had expected to spend some money going around to each activity (I have three small children) but I was not prepared to spend over a hundred dollars at a pumpkin patch. We didn't even get anything to eat or drink! I'd go again but with a better game plan....I'd also like to check out the market area better...looked like there was some delicious honey & jam.

1 Thank mrsherrard
Steilacoom, Washington
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Family fun, enormous selection, local harvest”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Smallwoods sells local products like honey, jams, and jellies, gourmet sauces and condiments, and fresh local produce. The kitchen store displayed the latest in gourmet kitchen tools and décor. With a petting zoo, popcorn and ice cream, and a play area for children Smallwood's is a great stop for families as well as travelers wanting apples and pears. We received personal attention and a sample before we purchased our fruit. I had to buy some popcorn because they were popping kettle corn inside and the homey smell was enticing. Something for everyone at Smallwoods Produce Stand..

Bellingham, Washington
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“I love tourist places”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Maybe because we always stop here and have since I was much younger. It's definitely set up for some kid time, with train rides and a playground. But if you're road-tripping with kids, this is a perfect place to let them run off a little energy.

The fruit stand is not the cheapest you'll find. However, if you take the time to walk through the building (which they seem to expand every year), there is a huge amount of honey, bbq sauces, pickled everything, jams, etc. The BEST part is that they let you sample just about everything they have out.
Don't know if that hot sauce is TOO hot? You'll be able to try it before you buy it.

It's touristy, yes. But did you really think it wouldn't be?
It's totally worth the stop. I still have family pictures in the sunflower cutouts from years gone by. And fellas - that's free.

Visited July 2013