“Great food in a great town ”

Port Gamble General Store and Cafe
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Historic Feel,Modern Appeal. The Port Gamble General Store & Cafe is a great place to come for any occasion! The historic building takes you back in time, while offering flavors of today; fun gifts and home decor, souvenirs, ice cream, espresso, and a cafe that serves up from scratch cooking using organic and locally grown/sustainable products as much as possible.
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

Port Gamble is a turn of the century company town which has been lovingly preserved and restored. The town is simply a gem from the past. The restaurant at the General Store is in the back of what once was the town's general store. The food is hearty and delicious, the service prompt and friendly, and it all takes place in an authentic general store. It's a keeper.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

My husband and I went to Port Gamble on our last day of our vacation in Washington. The General Store and Café had been closed for renovations and had reopened the morning of our visit. The town of Port Gamble is so quaint and well kept. The General Store has a small collection of gifts, food, souvenirs and even has "penny candy". Upstairs is the "Of Sea and Shore Museum" which is free and has displays of shells and other sea life. The Café itself is small but the staff are very friendly and made us feel right at home. I got a grilled ham and cheese and my husband got a meatloaf sandwich, both of us got the sweet potato fries. My sandwich was very good and my husband said his was excellent. We also each got dessert. I had the mocha chocolate mouse cheesecake and my husband got a lemon square. Both were delicious and tasted homemade. It is a bit pricey, our lunch including a soda and dessert was over $50. But the food was very good and the service was excellent. A nice place for lunch!

Reviewed 14 February 2014

The General Store first opened in 1916 and carries quite a large variety of items, including local beer and wine, souvenirs and candy. There are so many items on display that it takes you a few minutes just to absorb it all.

They reopened in 2010 under new ownership and added a café that opens daily for breakfast and lunch and serves dinner Thursday through Sunday. They also host wine tastings and private events.

The Sea and Shore Museum is located upstairs and features one of the largest private shell collections in the country, owned by a great-grandson of one of the town's earliest families.

The Port Gamble Historical Museum is located downstairs and has many old photographs, artifacts and other antique items from the town's history.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

This restaurant is located in the rear of the restored Port Gamble General Store. It serves very good comfort food and is busy, so call ahead or be prepared for a wait. the fried chicken dinner is excellent. service was very good.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

My husband and I have eaten here almost weekly for about 2 months. We've tried the Denver omelets, veggie hash, fish and chips, meat loaf sandwich, chicken salad sandwich and clam chowder. The food is almost always good but there are frequent issues with execution. For example, I have had home fries that were not fully cooked and therefore hard, the fish has been overcooked and a Denver omelet was served without ham. When I said "almost always good' the coleslaw is to be avoid as it is totally bland and the clam chowder is not very creamy.
The café is quaint and the store has charm but they need to be more reliable.

1  Thank POULSBO8