“Excellent stay, will do it again!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The Resort at Port Ludlow
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Port Ludlow
Seattle
“Excellent stay, will do it again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

We went here to get away from the hustle bustle of life and that's exactly what we got. The staff was excellent and helpful, the room was great, cozy and clean. The restaurant service was fabulous, so was the good. Will do it again. We drove to Port Townsend for dinner, nice drive.

Room Tip: Any room with a marina view. Don't know how fun any other view can be.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Eureka, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

My husband and I were in Washington last week. It was our anniversary, so I mixed a small business trip and booked him a fishing trip on the peninsula. I was told about the Inn so I booked a king size marina view room to celebrate our 2nd anniversary. The room was incredible and romantic. The price was reasonable for any room but way reasonable for such a beautiful room as the one we had. The staff were friendly and warm and when the front desk found out it was our anniversary, they sent a special gift. I couldn't believe the quality of the dinner we had. It was magnificent, from the oysters, to the cioppino, and the filet to the dessert. It was a truly remarkable stay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Allie36
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

My fiance and I stayed here for one night following several hours of food and beverage tasting for our upcoming summer wedding at the Resort at Port Ludlow. Our marina/ocean view room was spectacular. The fireplace and in-room jacuzzi bathtub were very romantic and relaxing. The staff was wonderful - attentive and extremely friendly. As Chef Dan is fabulous, the food from the restaurant is delicious, whether it's breakfast, lunch, or dinner. We would recommend this wonderful resort to anyone looking for a fun, romantic weekend. We cannot wait for our wedding at the Resort this summer!!

Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

AWESOME.. Absolutely relaxing, great food, great rooms, great courteous staff and great price. We were there on a $99 night special. It was our anniversary. 2/19/2012. This is an excellent romantic get away. Staff, cleanilness, entire atmosphere was just awesome. The other 5 rated reviews are very true. We spent 1 night and they suprized us with a bottle of complementary champagne. The room had a view and a balcony, fireplace, fridge, jacuzzi and more. We came back home and referred our friends and co-workers. Definately a do again!!! Perfect for romance and relaxation.

1 Thank Patty2012_01
seattle, wa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

The Resort at Port Ludlow--what a wonderful place! From start to finish, we had a great experience. The staff could not have been more helpful and accommodating. Holloway and Julie offered some of the best customer service I have ever experienced, and we travel quite a bit. The Resort itself is well maintained and has many special touches (the softest towels I have ever used in a hotel!). Even though the weather was not great (it is the Pacific Northwest, after all), sitting in front of the fire in our room and looking out at the water was very peaceful and relaxing. At checkout, we made reservations to come back for our anniversary in April.

Room Tip: It is nice to have a room with a water view.
1 Thank Judith M
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

My husband and I stayed in a lovely corner king room at the Resort at Port Ludlow on Valentine's Day. We also had dinner and breakfast in the Fireside restaurant which is next to the lobby at the resort. The resort is working hard to upgrade and refresh the rooms and building in general and the result is very pleasing!
Our room had wonderful gas fireplace, a spa style soaking tub as well as a standard shower. The sink area had a large counter area which is important to us. The resort has free wifi which is also important to us. The king bed was very comfortable and had wonderful linens. There were 3 comfortable chairs, two of which were placed in front of the fireplace and were used by us to enjoy drinks and snacks before dinner.
The room was on the third (top) floor and was totally quiet for our entire stay. We enjoyed views of various bodies of water from the windows - the marina, a small inlet and even of the larger bay and strait. The sunset was lovely! After dark, the footbridge over the inlet was lit and was very romantic.
The restaurant was excellent - dinner was one of the best meals we've had in a long time! My husband had the rack of lamb and I had the beef fillet. Both were done perfectly according to our preferences and the accompaniments were delicious! Portions were perfect also. I know we will drive back for an occasional special event. Reservations are definitely; they were very busy! Although the breakfast menu is not extensive, the offerings were varied and our choices ("American" with eggs, ham and potatoes and the steel cut oats) were delicious and again perfectly prepared. They were able to give me fresh fruit in place of the sweeter caramelized bananas to go with my cereal.
I would strongly recommend the resort for a special time away from home. We went on the Port Townsend which was only about 30 minutes away and I would suggest the resort as a preferable alternative to lodging there also. I haven't mentioned the spa, golf course, kayak and canoe equipment available and the trails and beaches at the resort. So much to see and do there as well as in the nearby communities!

Room Tip: the king corner rooms were only $10 more than the regular king rooms- well worth it!
White Rock, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

I just returned from two nights at the Resort at Port Ludlow. What a wonderful place! From the moment I walked through the door, I was made to feel so welcome. All of the staff I met - from the manger, to the front desk staff, to the servers in the restaurant to the cleaning staff truly understand what makes good customer service and go out of their way to make sure your stay is enjoyable. The food in the restaurant is fantastic - the french onion soup is by far the best I've ever tasted, and the breakfasts are amazing. I found my stay there truly relaxing and will definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a marina view if you want a view of the water and the mountains. All the rooms a...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
#1 of 6 in Silverdale
The Captain Whidbey Inn
The Captain Whidbey Inn
#1 of 2 in Coupeville

Been to The Resort at Port Ludlow? Share your experiences!