“Nice property to visit”

The Resort at Port Ludlow
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Port Ludlow
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We stayed here for our wedding anniversary and enjoyed the solitude of the area. We were pleasantly surprised to find a bottle of champagne and a card from the hotel which was a very nice touch. That being said, when my daughter called the front desk because she and her husband wanted a bottle of wine delivered to our room, the person at the front desk said it wasn't necessary because they had already given us a bottle of champagne!! My daughter explained that we were going to be there for 4 days and they really wanted to send us a bottle of wine. No amount of convincing accomplished this, as the front desk person was insistent that we did not need another bottle of wine. A fruit plate was suggested by the front desk but my daughter did not want that. Very frustrating for her to want to do something for us and have it shot down by the staff. The rooms were nice - we loved the jacuzzi tub and the hotel was overall quiet. We could hear the people above us, but it was manageable. The furniture in the room was old and showed it, and the 2 chairs in front of the fireplace had plastic cushions which were not very comfortable. The resort was not very full, so I am not sure how it would be in the summer. The restaurant food was very good, but very pricey. Unless you want to drive to Port Townsend, you are very, very limited with restaurants. They do have a happy hour and if you are not too hungry you can take advantage of their reduced drink and appetizer prices. Overall, a good stay, but I do not think we would go back.

There are newer reviews for The Resort at Port Ludlow

Reviewed 12 April 2012

My wife, 18 month old daughter and I stayed here last week. It was fantastic. The location is absolutely beautiful - right on the harbor, with great views of the water, docks and forest. We checked in and the lady at the front desk was very friendly and helpful, Our room was fantastic - with a fireplace, a jacuzzi tub, and a balcony overlooking the harbour (I believe our room was 206). We saw sea otters outside our window every day. The bathroom was very nice - with windows above the jacuzzi opening up so one can actually sit in the bath tub and enjoy the outdoor view (our 18 month old was the only one to take advantage of that though). We requested a crib and they did supply somtething called a pack-n-play which worked but was a bit small for an 18 year old - more of an infant size. But our daughter slept anyway. The bed was nice and cozy. The restaurant was fantastic - and the staff super friendly to our daughter. If there we requested any special change or ingredient, the staff did it with pleasure. They had a full bar and the wine list was also very good.

Room Tip: Request one with a harbour view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We enjoyed a quick getaway to Port Ludlow, staying at the Inn. The room was very nice and we enjoyed a small balcony, the large soaking tub and fireplace very much. The location is very peaceful and a nice spot for walking in the woods or along the water's edge. The staff was very friendly and helpful. One consideration when visiting is that there is not much around nearby as far as restaurants. We had a very nice dinner at the The Fireside restaurant on site.

Room Tip: Rooms with a water view and balcony are very nice.
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayed at the resort to celebrate our anniversary. The front desk staff was very friendly, and when we got to our room we found a bottle of red wine waiting for us. The room was very clean and had a gorgeous view of the marina. We loved the jetted tub and fireplace. The bed was not very comfortable, but we're used to sleeping on a Tempurpedic so it's hard to match that in a hotel bed. We had to laugh that the movie entertainment was in VCR form, and I'm kind of miffed as to why they don't supply DVD players for the rooms, but we weren't there to watch movies, so it's not that big of a deal. For the most part, our room was very quiet, although the first morning we could hear housekeeping working in the next room. The only downside to this place is the Fireside restaurant: it was very overpriced. The food was delicious, and the service was attentive, but $10 for a dinner salad is a little ridiculous. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of dining options in Port Ludlow, so you kind of get stuck eating here unless you want to drive 15-20 minutes. We will definitely stay here again in the future; probably when the weather is a little warmer so we can take advantage of more of the outdoor activities.

Room Tip: Marina View Queen room was very nice with a beautiful view. Would like to stay in a balcony room nex...
1  Thank Michelle B
Reviewed 2 April 2012

What an amazing weekend! Great food, great room, great customer service. Such a beautiful place to get away. The swimming pool/hot tub in the room was a great way to end the day! :) Only bad thing was the best was a little hard for my taste. We will be back!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Although the staff that served us food were FABULOUS, the rest of the staff were rude and ineffective. I was here on a business trip, and I was appalled at the treatment that we received. My room was not very clean, I had issues with the plumbing, (their response was to leave a plunger in my room!!!!), and the front desk staff were incredibly unresponsive. I did use the spa tub, but it was never cleaned once I had used it, (I was here for a week!). Additionally, I did not use the jets as some of my colleagues had warned me, but right after I got out, I turned them on just to see if it was true, and all kinds of brown stuff came shooting out....ugh! So glad I was not in the tub at the time! All in all, I had at first thought about returning and bringing my husband as the view was incredible, and I would love to take him to the Ajax Cafe, but I just can't stomach staying here again. We will definitely find another place to stay!!!

Room Tip: Rooms in another hotel would be better.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank tanglehome
Reviewed 26 March 2012

If you are looking for a quick get away from the Metropolis Port Ludlow's New England styled resort is just the ticket. Nestled in sparkling Ludlow Bay, the resort building evocs old world charm in a modern setting. The room we stayed in has a non traditional lay out with an extended bath featuring a jacuzzi with large windows that open up to give a view of the gas fireplace and outside windows.

The in house Fireside Restaurant dinning room features excellent Continental/Northwest fair. Deserts and Sunday brunch are divine. Great value.

Room Tip: West side rooms have the better view but east side are a better value.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
#2 of 11 in Port Townsend
Oxford Suites Silverdale
Oxford Suites Silverdale
#1 of 6 in Silverdale

Been to The Resort at Port Ludlow? Share your experiences!