“Beautiful Place” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cedar Cove Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Orchard
Cedar Cove Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Port Orchard B&B and Inns
Santa Rosa, California, United States
“Beautiful Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed here for a short weekend trip, also a Debbie Macomber fan and wanted to see the Cedar Cove Inn. Kathy and Gil were so nice and informative. I was able to find a few places in town that were mentioned in the books. She reminded me that Debbie does write "fiction". (I figured it out).It was a good adventure, lovely room. I stayed in the Nordby, but you can stay at the other rooms and see just as good views. Breakfast was good, and close to downtown area. It was nice to be waited on for a change.

Room Tip: It is a bit of a drive from the airport. You do have to rent a car.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Nancy S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

As a Debbie Macomber fan, I wanted to come to Port Orchard to see 'Cedar Cove'. And staying at the Cedar Cove Inn seemed to be appropriate for our stay. But what a find this beautiful Inn was.

It is visually gorgeous and loving tended to by the owners, Kathy and Gil. The rooms were beautifully appointed and the breakfast, complete with Dutch Babies, was a treat.

This beautiful property and its wonderful owners deserve six stars. The best of the best.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank mssell
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

To celebrate my birthday, my amazing husband planned a surprise getaway. As usual, his extensive research and thoughtfulness shone through. Imagine my surprise when we pulled up in front of this beautiful inn. The home is stunning and the view is breathtaking. We had the good fortune of having the whole property to ourselves. Gil and Kathy were immediately warm and welcoming. Their sincerity and sweet demeanors are refreshing. Our room was gorgeous-impeccably clean and comfortably appointed with a sitting area, king size bed, and a spacious bathroom. Furthermore, french doors opened onto the inviting wraparound deck. The view from our room was unbelievable-water, mountain range, and blue skies. I was in heaven.

In addition, the location is ideal-perfect for exploring. We walked down the hill and enjoyed the town. Tasty food and delicious martinis made for a wonderful evening.

I'm rather particular regarding my mattress and was pleasantly surprised at how well I slept. What a treat to wake up after a good night's rest to a fabulous breakfast and the wonderful company of Gil and Kathy. I'm still salivating over the homemade dutch baby with freshly squeezed lemons and powered sugar. Delicious. Kathy graciously shared her family recipe with us. My husband requested I make them for breakfast tomorrow...Kathy set the bar high, hopefully I don't disappoint.

We've previously shied away from staying in bed and breakfasts. We were unsure if it was our style. However, one night here has changed our perspective. We will be back. If I had my way, we would have never left.

Room Tip: We toured the entire B&B and were extremely pleased with each room. They each have their own pe...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sarah F
PortOrchardBandB, Owner at Cedar Cove Inn, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
We do have the most wonderful guests here. Always a joy to be able to share this home and the beautiful area where we live. Thanks ever so much for your gracious comments. Sure the Dutch Babies will trun out great for you too. Please come back and visit again very soon.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

I booked a room at this bead and breakfast for a romantic weekend getaway for me and my boyfriend. It was amazing. The house is was beautifully restored and the views are incredible! The town is adorable and very charming. The owners Gil and Kathy are so friendly and their breakfasts are the best. The even upgraded our room free of charge! A very excellent way to spend a weekend!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sophiawink
Elk Grove, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

The Cedar Cove Inn is a dream location four a few days get-away. The owners are a wonderful couple who do anything you ask to made your trip enjoyable. The rooms are beautiful and so clean.

A fun area to just walk around and relax with no stress to be found. A great vacation spot to spend a few days. Many guest come to see the area that author Debbie Macomber uses in all of her books. She has a home and office there as well as a shop that you can visit.

Room Tip: Take a look at their website to select a variety od outstanding rooms. A well designed website that...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank diamondfirst
PortOrchardBandB, Owner at Cedar Cove Inn, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank you so for your comments and for taking the time to share your visit at the Inn. It was our pleasure to have you here. We are the ones who are so blessed by all our wonderful guests.
Gil & Kathy
Cedar Cove Inn
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

The pictures on the internet do not do this amazing B&B enough justice. I chose The Olympic Room and it turned out to be more lovely in person. The furniture and hard-wood flooring was perfect for the room, the mattress on the king-size bed so comfortable and it was impeccably clean. The view over the inlet was breathtaking, especially at night with the lights of down town. I loved the ensuite bathroom, an old-fashioned tub with a good shower attachment. And I loved the decent height of the cabineted sink. There is access to the entire house, which is gorgeous with water and garden views everywhere. Access included a large kitchen with help yourself fruit, coffee, tea, and cocoa. Kathy and Gil, the hosts live in the adjacent carriage house. Speaking of the hosts, they could not have been more gracious, friendly and informative. Breakfast in the dining room was extraordinary and varied from the first morning to the second (I regret I only stayed two days). Downtown is a short walk down the hill (Kathy shared the shortcut). I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank pazzarella
Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

The owners, Kathy and Gil provided a warm and welcoming B&B. They gave us many suggestions on what to see and do, provided detail maps and were even willing to pick us up if we needed a ride from the shuttle or ferry. Kathy's breakfast meals were fabulous and unique! We couldn't wait to see what surprise she had waiting for us each morning!

We would definitely recommend their B&B. We plan on a return trip this summer.

Buffy and Duane

Room Tip: Ask for the larger room facing the bay.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Fairfield Inn & Suites Seattle Bremerton
Oyster Bay Inn & Suites
Oyster Bay Inn & Suites
#7 of 8 in Bremerton

Been to Cedar Cove Inn? Share your experiences!