“Good celebration spot” 4 of 5 bubbles

MoonDogs, Too
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Grill
Good for: Cheap Eats, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: MoonDogs, Too the coolest little bar/restaurant in Western Washington.Built in 1905 and opened as the Port Orchard Billiard club, this historical little place has remained a restaurant/bar tavern ever since. Family friendly until 8pm, MoonDogs serves some of the best food from 8am breakfast until 1:30am. We specialize in gourmet hamburgers but also have amazing salads, soups and various speciality dishes at night.Outdoor patio features gas fire pits, ping pong and live music on Friday and Saturday nights. We always have something going on for entertainment. Come check us out any day of the week.
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Good celebration spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

My husband and I along with our friends have spent many a nights at Moondogs Too celebrating birthdays over the years (my current profile pic. is of my husband I celebrating his birthday there with our friends this past Friday). The staff is always very friendly and will do their best to go above and beyond to make you happy which is what keeps us coming back. Have had a few instances where a drink was made wrong and tasted terrible and they were kind enough to fix it for me and I chalk it up to they are usually very busy, so those things are gonna happen from time to time. Other than that it is your typical busy, crowded, loud, kinda dirty bar scene, but I guess that's part of the fun lol. Worse issue we have had is finding seating when there is a large crowd of us, which there often is, but we have found sometimes we can find seating upstairs which often isn't as loud as downstairs, so definitely a plus there, but it's often very hot upstairs, even if the door is propped open. Food is ok, but not gourmet, however it is a bar not a 5 star restaurant lol. Highly recommend garlic fries...Even though they aren't on the menu they make them and they are great. Also, their chicken tenders are pretty good.

• Visited April 2013

Seattle, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pretty good food, a little too busy entertainment wise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013

We went in the day before st. Paddy's to get something to eat. I had chicken strips and fries, which were pretty good. My friend got a burger, he said it was good. The sweet potato fries are good too. But they had like three tv's, a live musician, and it was just too much for such a small space. I'm gonna go back on not a Holliday.

• Visited March 2013
Port Orchard, Washington
“Day and Night!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

By daytime: great little place for a burger and beer. At night: great little place for music and beer.
Burgers and double cooked fries are just right for lunch. Finally tried their club sandwich packed with turkey, ham, crisp thick bacon and several other ingredients...best of all: no stupid middle slice of bread like traditional clubs have. We were told ahead of time that the third slice of bread wouldn't be in it. Such a packed full of flavor sandwich...half for lunch today, other half for tonight or tomorrow! Check out their daily lunch and dinner specials.
Evenings get busy and loud with people celebrating life and each other. Go out back to enjoy the fire pits and during spring and summer weekends the music. Forgot that they now have breakfast every morning. Reasonable prices, wonderful servers, great cook, fun funky place...very generous to the local community. Wear your old jeans. (Warning: busy summer evenings, might have a longer wait for food just because the place is so packed.)

• Visited February 2013
Lakebay, Washington
“Terrible!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2012

I hate being served food that I could make better at home. The waitress was polite but the food was terrible.

My wife and I stopped by Moon dog, too last night. We order Calamari for a starter. They tried to serve us something that neither looked or tasted like Calamari. Honestly the "Calamiri Steak" they served us tasted like some gross white fish off the seafood processors floor; gross! We should have politely asked for a check then. instead we substituted fries which were soggy and gross.

So we foolishly ordered chicken tacos, the special. These were not gross but they were not good either. Very little taco flavor and the chicken was dry; Taco Time as better chicken taco. I'd love to support a local business but not at the expense of my health. My wife and I both commented on what a waste of money and time our stopped at "Moon Dog, too" was.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank erin s
Vancouver, Washington
“Not gonna happen, again!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

The pros: The friendly waitress removed the charges for the sandwich (MonteChristo) that finally arrived looking like it had gone through several cycles in the deep fryer. The cons: This place is dirty, period! Just because it is a bar does not justify the condition of this place. Service was slow, slow , slow coming out of the kitchen! I read the rave reviews about this place and cannot believe I was in the same property. My chile tasted like heavily salted after coming out of a can and liberally spiced with cayenne or? Of course it was room temperature after sitting for some time for a server to pick it up. Coffee, ( yea I know its a bar ) was weak, lukewarm, and complimented the rest of the experience. No way could I recommend this place.

• Visited July 2012