Hudson Point Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I wrote one before about how accommodating they were when we had friends come in out of town for a holiday, but now we go here regularly. Why? Here are some reasons, and they are important in a small town, especially in Winter months when trying to find breakfast can be difficult. 1. The wait staff is by far the friendliest! 2. They use fresh ingredients, that elsewhere the meal would cost much more 3. They will SUBSTITUTE gladly. I found I can change an omelet to a scramble, change cheese, and switch to corn tacos to be gluten free. 4. They already have more variety on the menu, with loads of specials, and the only place I know of with seafood for breakfast [hello, it's a Seaport town, I don't know why everyone doesn't offer delicious scallops and shrimp in eggs!]. 5. The place is cute and charming, and near the water so you can watch folks set sail. We usually go for breakfast with some of the best coffee in town, but have had lunch as well. One of these days we will have one of their many beer or wines and pretend we are some place exotic for lunch. To be fair, they do get super busy on weekends [because, again,there is hardly any place to get a breakfast; when our friends came for Thanksgiving it was the ONLY place that stayed open late, by my request, and it was packed!]. So seating can take a while, but not always.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Great view over the Point Hudson marina and great food. Be sure to check this out on your next trip to Port Townsend.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We eat at this restaurant at least every other month, but were extremely disturbed by our experience today. It takes us an hour to drive here for what is normally a delicious, promptly served meal. Today we waited over an hour after we ordered our food before we received our meal. Even then some of my wife's meal was cold. We were so hungry, we were afraid to complain and have another hour pass. This is not excusable, even if the kitchen is having problems. At the very least, toast, bread ANYTHING should have been served while we waited; or a discount should have been offered. I have positively review this restaurant in the past, but today's experience was such a negative experience that we will not be returning, nor recommending it to others.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Slightly larger portions would be appreciated. For the money charged, a little more fish would be a good idea if these good folks don't want diners to choose somewhere else next time. The service is always very warm and friendly here and the breakfasts are just excellent. It's lunch where the portions just don't reflect the prices charged. They have a terrific view over the harbor in this very light and atmospheric space. I would like everything to be wonderful here, but occasionally it isn't and it's so easily remedied. I do like the Café Clam Chowder a whole lot and my wife swears that the Reuben Sandwich is the best in town and perhaps on the entire Peninsula. A friend from Seattle comes to Port Townsend really to have the cornmeal cherry pancakes and she's not alone in loving them.
Oh, I'll go back many times, but far more often for breakfast than lunch.

1  Thank OscarLind
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Excellent, friendly service and very good breakfast. It is not cheap. Three adult breakfasts cost $50, but everyone thoroughly enjoyed his meal.