“Hidden jewel”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Townsend
The Washington Hotel
Ranked #6 of 16 Port Townsend B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Thanks to some friends who recommended The Washington Hotel, my friend and I had a great weekend in Port Townsend shopping and eating in some of the local restaurants. The hotel was spotlessly clean, beautiful and in a perfect location to walk around town. The room had a comfortable bed, nice linens and was decorated in contemporary style. I will definitely stay and this hotel again as it is a great value and a perfect location.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Deborah C
accommodations, Manager at The Washington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2013

Hello Deborah!

I want to Thank You for your wonderful review of the Hotel. Please tell your friend who recommended the hotel, Thank you also.

The Washington Hotel is gaining recognition more each year from the reviews and compliments of our guests. We always appreciate the reviews. There isn't a better way to publicize than to tell your friends and family of your enjoyment of staying at the hotel.

Thank you again and I would love to have you and your friends return.

Reviewed 26 November 2012

We wanted to locate a hotel in Port Townsend that offered separate sleeping areas for two people . . .and which didn't break the bank. We found the charming Washington Hotel -- 4 rooms total. Thankfully it was not "Vintage." We each had our own double bed (in separate rooms) and there was a small sitting area (which included a day bed if needed). We had a fridge, coffeemaker, hair dryer (which we took some time to find). The bathroom was large with ample towels and there was a generous sized closet, as well as a flat screen TV. A stroll down the hall took us to a common area that had a Microwave, ice maker, sink, and some extra supplies. You're not going to cook a meal here, but it is great for warming food. We appreciated having real wine glasses, and opener, and ceramic mugs instead of the usual paper and plastic. We were across the street from a great restaurant - Alchemy - and just a few yards from Fountain Cafe and Silverwater Cafe (local favorites). It was a cozy, comfortable spot where we plan to stay next time we visit Port Townsend.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
accommodations, Manager at The Washington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2012

Hello!

Thank you for choosing the Washington Hotel as your a getaway location here in Port Townsend.
It is always nice to receive comments from our visitors, this is how we learn if we are meeting the needs of people staying with us. I was happy to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay with us and will be returning. Please tell you family and friends about our great hotel located in the middle of downtown, we would love to have them stay with us.
Happy 2013!

Reviewed 12 August 2012

We stayed in room #4, which has one bedroom with a queen bed and a door that closes, plus 2 other rooms which are open to each other. One of these has a queen bed, the other has a twin sized daybed and a couple of chairs, plus the shared bathroom. There was lots of room for our family of 4. The bathroom is modern and large. The suite is very clean, the beds very comfortable, and it does not smell musty at all. When you first come in the building door downstairs there is an "old building" smell; but it does not continue into upstairs or the rooms at all. Overall a nice, private place to stay.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
accommodations, Manager at The Washington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2012

Hello!
I want to Thank You for your wonderful review of the Hotel and appreciate you stating that it does not smell musty at all. I really try to keep it very clean and aired so that does not happen.

Yes, Room 4 provides a lot of space for a family of four with the sitting room providing the flexibility of not having to sit on the beds to visit.

I hope that I will hear from you again in the near future, have a great rest of the summer.

Take Care,

Reviewed 5 August 2012

We traveled from the East Coast to visit our son in Port Townsend in mid-July. Didn't know anything about the hotel stock in the community other than knowing that "branded" hotels were rare. We found the Washington Hotel to be a treasure. Well located, clean, comfortable and quiet. While it was unique for us to stay at a place without a front desk or on-site staff (except for cleaning staff mid-day), the Hotel quickly felt like it was our place. The manager, Marilou, was great to deal with in making reservations and a change in our travel schedule was cheerfully accomodated. We also found that the manager was very willing to deal on price with us since we were making an extended stay rather than staying for a single night. We have recommended the hotel to other family traveling to Port Townsend and will definitely stay there again on our next trip out. Steve E.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephen E
accommodations, Manager at The Washington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Hello!

It was so wonderful to meet you and your lovely bride of 20+ years. It was my pleasure to make your visit with your son a success. I always try to fit the guests with the right room during their stays, especially extended stays and always happy to hear that it was perfect for you.

I truly appreciate your wonderful review of the Hotel, we try our best to have the place that people will return to again and again.

Keep me posted on your returning trip!

Take care, you two and I look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

First of all, I can't deny that it was a great deal. We had two bedrooms for $120 /night for three nights. The rooms were clean, the furnishings modern and the beds were comfortable, though pretty high up for kids. The pillows were really soft; it would have been nice to have the option of firm pillows too, as some hotels do. It is not a hotel, really, but more of a vacation rental property. There is no lobby or staff or pool. You can get your towels switched out, and sometimes the glasses and coffeemaker are cleaned, and sometimes not.

The biggest issue I had was that there is no air conditioning and no screens on the windows, which are very hard to open. The room was warm, with no cross-ventilation, and we didn't really want to leave the windows wide open while we were gone. (Birds, break-ins). So it was really hard to get the room cooled off, even though Port Townsend itself was pleasantly cool. Being on the second floor, with the windows open, you're privy to every conversation that happens beneath your window. And every motorcycle that roars by.

I don't know if we would stay there again. The location was excellent, off the beaten path, but a block from the main street. There don't seem to be a lot of modern options in PT, as it is a Victorian village, so I imagine most of the hotels have all the issues with old buildings. The hotel had a definite musty smell, but the rooms were a lot more modern than I would expect to find.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
accommodations, Manager at The Washington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2012

Hello
Thank you for your positive review of the hotel of being clean and comfortable and a good value. I agree, we need air conditioning in Port Townsend for maybe 5 days each year which doesn't justify the cost of having it placed. I do place fans in all of the bedrooms for added comfort. The maid must have been interrupted to have missed cleaning the coffee cups, this is always done on a daily basis. When it was apparent that a small child was in the room, we placed a child size chair in the sitting area and step stool in the bathroom for their ease of reaching the sink and climbing into bed. The windows are due to be replaced, hopefully soon. Having a small hotel with only four mini suites takes longer for complete renovation. As far as the "musty" smell, I have never had such a comment, we do get the aromas of the nearby restaurants or perhaps a guest cooked something in the microwave and it was blocked in the hallway area. I hope that you do find yourself once again in the area and stay with us.
Take care and safe travels to you and your family.

Reviewed 20 July 2012

The Washington Hotel provided the perfect rest stop on our cycling trip of the San Juan Islands. It is clean, comfortable, and well located in Townsend within a few paces of great restaurants,shopping,coffee, bakeries and bike shops.Marylou,the manager, and her husband Patrick (editor of the local paper) we're extremely helpful and accommodating.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
accommodations, Manager at The Washington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2012

Hello,

Patrick and I both enjoyed hearing about your great adventure by bikes and being a part of making it a success was our pleasure.
Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent stay in Port Townsend. It is a great location for those of you traveling by bike to our area. Providing a locked location for your bikes overnight gives you security knowing that they are safely locked up. Our location in the heart of the downtown area is the perfect place to relax and walk to all of the venues downtown and uptown. I hope that you four will venture once again to our town and perhaps have more time to explore!

Thank you again and I look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2012

Marilou of the Washington Hotel went well beyond her job description to assist us in arriving at her quaint establishment. The location was excellent, the rooms homey.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Hilda, It was my pleasure to meet you and your three traveling friends from Canada! I want to Thank you for your wonderful review of the room. I know that you were all very comfortable staying at the Hotel with a secure location for your bikes over night.
I hope that you will come again and stay at the Washington Hotel, perhaps next time, you will have more time to truly enjoy staying in the heart of downtown. Everything is so conveniently located and not having a car, it is a perfect location.

Take Care and I hope to see you again soon!