The Washington Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Port Townsend
See available hotels
Bishop Victorian Hotel(Port Townsend)
Great 4.5/5
The Belmont Inn(Port Townsend)
Average 3/5
  • Restaurant
Very Good 4/5
The Waterstreet Hotel(Port Townsend)
Swan Hotel(Port Townsend)
Great 4.5/5
Tides Inn(Port Townsend)
Good 3.5/5
Aladdin Motor Inn(Port Townsend)
Harborside Inn(Port Townsend)
Average 3/5
Fort Worden(Port Townsend)
Very Good 4/5
Manresa Castle(Port Townsend)
  • Free Internet
All reviewsice makerperfect locationsitting arealarge mirrorwatching tvcourtyard cafesmall fridgetwo queen bedswithin walking distancerose theatersecond floorno elevatorsuitedowntownbookssullivanstairs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We stayed here for the first time and had such a lovely experience - the location is great - central but slightly off the beaten path, quiet, clean, comfortable and well-furnished. The manager let us check-in a bit early with our baby as no one had the room the night before we arrived, which made our whole day easier - we could settle-in and let the baby move, and explore without the hassle of doing everything from the trunk of the car. We will come back! We felt very welcomed.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
accommodations, Manager at The Washington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Hello!

Thank you for sharing your first experience of staying at the Washington Hotel, I am so pleased that I was able to accommodate your desire of having a earlier check in.

Being a mother of three daughters and having traveled when they were young, I know what it's like when you have to wait until 4pm to check in with babies. It is my high priority to have the rooms ready early for those traveling with babies and small children. Thank you for mentioning this in your comment for others to see.

It's always great to hear that people enjoy the location and comfort of the hotel and expect to
return again.

Enjoy that baby, and I hope to hear from you again soon!

Reviewed 15 March 2013

We spent two nights and enjoyed the experience fully. There are only four units in this hotel and that appealed to us. The rooms are nicely furnished (with extremely comfortable beds) somewhat in the style you find in European hotels. There is no lobby, and none is needed. With a code utilized for the front door that changes nightly, and a separate code for each room it is very secure. The location is perfection and we could walk to almost everything we wanted to see or do. Shopping and excellent restaurants are just a short stroll away. You can just park your car in the dedicated parking area in back and take the public transportation if you want to explore some of the area a bit more distance from the hotel.

Marilou makes you feel very welcome with her helpfulness and little touches like having soft classical music playing when you arrive in your room. It makes the guest feel a bit as if they were staying in the home of a friend.

If you are looking for a delightful place to stay that does not fit the normal mode of a hotel, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wenomer

Hello!

It was wonderful to meet you during your stay at the hotel and I am happy that my recommendations of restaurants were spot on!

Your comments concerning the location, comfort and having the feeling of being in a friends home rather than a hotel is exactly what I wanted to achieve.

I understand you are a frequent traveler and have visited many locations, your comment makes me feel very good about what I have been able to accomplish.

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment and sharing your experience.

I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 27 February 2013

We have stayed here a few times now and it is always great. Located in the middle of the downtown it is perfectly located. There is off-street parking (rare for a PT hotel), the hotel has been nicely updated, the service is great, and it is quiet and peaceful. We have stayed at just about every hotel in PT over the years and this one is by far the best for price, parking, and location.

Room Tip: They have a great two bedroom suite with a sleepable couch in the living room. We easily slept two couples and a single, which made the price incredibly low compared to if we had to rent three seperate rooms at another hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
accommodations, Manager at The Washington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2013

Hello!

Thank you so much for your wonderful review!

I agree with your comment 100%, it is by far the best for price, parking and location in the heart of downtown Port Townsend.
We are constantly changing the looks of the rooms with carefully selected accents by the owner himself. We want to provide guests with the cleanest, most comfortable and modern rooms in the area.
The parking area has been improved with larger parking spaces. The Wifi has been upgraded to a faster modem.

Thank you again for choosing the Washington Hotel when visiting Port Townsend. I hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed 10 February 2013

This was our first trip to Port Townsend and we are sorry that it has taken us so long to discover this great town! Our accommodations at the Washington Hotel was exactly what we wanted. Super clean and comfortable. Our room (#3) was spacious even the bathroom. I cannot think of anything it lacked and we are already planning a return trip later this year. Thanks Marylou for thinking of the small things which really add up and make your hotel stand out!

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
accommodations, Manager at The Washington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2013

Hello!

We are happy that you have found the Hotel and of course, always nice to hear that you enjoyed Port Townsend and want to return!

You posted such an awesome comment and it is truly appreciated. The rooms and bathrooms are very spacious and the owner loves to visit the hotel and add a few items with each of his visits.

I look forward to see you again at the hotel very soon. Be sure to tell all of your family and friends about our hotel!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 1 February 2013

For sure The Washington is the best place that I've stayed in Port Townsend. The owner/host/manager has done outstanding work with the decor and the cleanliness is second to none. The workmanship of the work that they have done is of high-quality. I have now stayed at The Washington a few times and have made it my first choice when staying in Port Townsend. The beds are sooooo comfortable. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Clint L
accommodations, Manager at The Washington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2013

Hello!

Thank you for such a positive review of the hotel! I appreciate you returning once again to the hotel during your recent trip to Port Townsend. I was hoping to meet you in person this time to discuss how you liked some of the changes made to the rooms and hallway area.

I take pride in keeping the hotel clean and comfortable for all of the guests and appreciate you noting that in your review.

It's always a pleasure to have guests returning, you can be assured that the hotel will continue to be the Best Place to Stay in Port Townsend.

Best Wishes,