“Perfect for the holidays in Port Townsend!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Townsend
The Washington Hotel
Ranked #6 of 16 Port Townsend B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 December 2010

We stayed in Room 4 which has 2 bedrooms and a sitting area. It was ideal for my mother, husband and myself for 4 nights. The beds were very comfortable, and it was clean and quiet. The location is perfect - right downtown, easy to walk to restaurants, shopping and the waterfront. Marilou was so accommodating and helpful in every way - she made our stay over the holidays delightful!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank slwasson
accommodations, Manager at The Washington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2011

Happy New Year!

I was happy to assist you in finding just the right room for your stay at our hotel! Room #4 is our largest room with the two bedrooms, sitting room and private bath. We are constantly looking for ways to communicate the great location of being in the heart of downtown to future guests, thank you for mentioning that in your review!

If ever you find yourself in our area, please be sure to stay with us again!

Best Wishes,
Marilou

There are newer reviews for The Washington Hotel

Reviewed 24 October 2010

Stayed in room 4 at The Washington Hotel for our 25th Anniversary. This is a unique property as there is no on-site staff; guests are provided with a code to open the hotel door and another code to open their room door.
The hotel is one block off the "main drag" on a fairly quiet street. Parking is on-street and the streets immediately adjacent to the hotel have 2-hour limits 9am to 5pm. That was no problem as we were out sightseeing during the day and there was no problem parking overnight right in front of the hotel.
The location of the hotel is very convenient to strolling beautiful Port Townsend and my wife and I found it very conducive to exploring the Uptown area which is on the bluff overlooking the downtown. Visit Pane D'Amore (617 Tyler St) for delicious pastries and The Uptown Pub (1016 Lawrence St) for local flavor and great brew (Tuesday night is open mike night!).
The Washington Hotel has a modern, clean decor throughout which contrasts to some of the "historic properties" which can kind of feel like you are spending the night in someone's grandma's bedroom. We found the bed to be perfect with it's crisp sheets and comfortable mattress. The room was well appointed with sound system, TV, DVD player, refrigerator, and coffee maker. Delicious ground coffee and a variety of teas were provided. The hotel has a common area which is outfitted with a microwave, ice maker, sink, and some kitchenware.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at The Washington Hotel!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BobbyRayZ
Reviewed 12 October 2010

Great location right downtown and lovely, comfortable, big room. Only downside was loud seagull early am as only 2 blocks from water.

Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed 21 July 2010

We recently had an opportunity to spend two nights at The Washington Hotel while attending a wedding .... in fact all four rooms where occupied by wedding guests. Upon entering the hotel I knew it was going to be good. Everything is fresh and uncluttered with great artwork on the wall. As we entered our room we could hear the radio softly playing soothing music ... how welcoming. We are sure to visit Port Townsend again and will definately stay at The Washington. The location is great; in fact just down the street from our favorite restaurant, The Fountain Cafe. The only reason I did not give it all excellents, is that without air conditioning it was necessary to have the windows open; I had never realized that Seagulls get up so early and can be so noisy! I cannot imagine anyone not enjoing their stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelTimeSeattle
accommodations, Manager at The Washington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2010

Thank you for your Trip Advisor comment! I hope that you will visit us again in the future!

Reviewed 8 July 2010

For the first time since our daughter was born five years ago, my husband and I decided to go away for an overnight for our anniversary....alone! I searched the internet for places to stay in Port Townsend with a ton of mixed reviews. I then happened upon The Washington Hotel and was pleasantly surprised. The reviews were great and I loved the fact that the location was right downtown and that reviewers said that they loved how private and small the building was.
Marilou was amazing with communication and made the experience wonderful for us. Availability was great and the price was better than most hotels in the area. The experience at The Washington Hotel was unlike any I have had from a hotel. Marilou's customer service is unlike any other. She was eager to help and have us wonderful restaurant suggestions and even offered an extra service of champagne and strawberries in our room upon our arrival. (and let us check in at 10 AM-shhhhh! that might be a secret)
The building is unassuming, quiet, clean and bright (nice big windows) We entered the building with a front door code (given to us the day before by Marilou) we walked up the stairs to 4 doors (there are only 4 rooms in the entire hotel) Our room was clean, bright and had ironed sheets and modern decor. The hotel is located right downtown which is walking distance to nearly everything. With it being located right downtown, it is surprisingly quiet.
After a great night on the town and being able to walk home, we had a comfortable sleep, woke up and went for coffee and muffins in town before heading home.

We had a great overnight and are extremely happy with The Washington Hotel and Marilou!

Amazing points:
-Perfect location
-Quiet and peaceful setting
-Clean room with ironed sheets!
-Free parking
-Outstanding customer service
-Early check-in time

And so much more!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cjcparker

Hello! I truly appreciate your wonderful comments that you posted on Trip Advisor! I hope to have you stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed 6 July 2010

This place was even better than I was expecting and was Perfect for a 2 night stay with my parents from out-of-town and my husband and our little lady. We had Room 4 with 2 bedrooms and a sitting area and it worked out even better than i was hoping it would. Munchkin went down for the night around 8pm and the rest of us sat around in the sitting room playing cards and drinking wine. There was definitely enough space for 4 adults and an 'into everything' toddler as long as you don't mind actually sharing space with people that is. It had a very European feel to it - similar to places I've stayed in Amsterdam and Paris. The rooms/furniture/bathroom - very nice without me freaking out about the kiddo roaming around; fridge in the room was perfect; microwave down the hall awesome. Location - one block from the main road. Street parking was really easy to find. The stairs are super steep (which is the case for a lot of hotels in Port Townsend) so definitely needed a hand getting the stroller up to the room, but i really can't say enough good things about this place. Highly recommend it!

We also ate at Fin's which was really, really, really good - I mean surprisingly really good; especially since the reviews on Citysearch aren't that great but we had an amazing meal and the staff was wonderful.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank missturtle628

Thank you for your comment on Trip Advisor! I know how important it is for children to be comfortable while traveling and I am happy to know that the hotel met your needs! We now have WIFI and I have included some dvds appropriate for young children in our assortment that is made available to guests. I hope to have you as guests again in the future!

Reviewed 26 June 2010

This was exactly what we were looking for! A quiet, clean, relaxing place to spend our anniversary weekend. We really appreciated the simple decor and the new, crisp bedding. Very comfortable! It doesn't have a lot of amenities, so make sure to pack your toiletries (although a small sampling was supplied in the shared kitchen area). We loved walking to the local bakery/coffee shop nearby as well as being so close to all the shopping. You almost feel as though you've rented a studio apartment when you stay, which we loved. It was so relaxing! And Marilou is wonderful!!! She really makes this hotel a top favorite in our book. We hope to stay here each time we visit beautiful Port Townsend!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple