“No. No. No.”

Cuisines: American
Port Townsend, Washington
“No. No. No.”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Something must be done to save poor unsuspecting guests from wandering into the Lighthouse Cafe. We made the mistake once and it still haunts us. When traveling in other parts of the world, I've heard comments like "beware the lonely street vendor." In this case it's beware the lonely cook who stares at you out of the window in his dirty apron beguiling you to come in. I would say that unless you are a big fan of frozen fish that comes directly from the sea its natural state of being a breaded and squared (what a convince for the "chefs" of the world!), I would highly, highly, highly recommend avoiding this place.

• Visited May 2013

Vancouver, Canada
“Worst breakfast ever!”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I'm not sure if the other people who wrote good reviews actually ate at the same place, but this place was terrible in every sense of the word. One cook, one waitress, made for a simple breakfast, a 30 minute wait. Then to be serve barely toasted toast, paper thin and sooo cold the butter couldn't melt. Eggs cooked beyond recognition, served with pan fries with "mushroom soup" described as gravy! Plastic glasses from the 70's contained our orange juice, all at a cost of $ 25.The highlight was the washroom facilities.....so dirty!!!! Urinal in Ladies room with big SIGN=do not use because it's leaking..really??? Didn't even want to wash my hands as soap dispenser was so dirty, along with everything else in there. Pretty sad for a place in Port Townsend. If you read my other reviews, you will see I have never written a review like this...I felt compelled to warn others not to waste their money or time at this place.

• Visited September 2013
San Francisco, California
“Yummy”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I loved the fish and chips and local beer! Service was attentive the view of the harbour was entertaining. I would go back.

Visited August 2013
Kenmore, Washington
“Relaxing, great food, served hot, great value”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Talk about good value. Yes, the chef was also the waiter. The benefits were multiple: our food arrived hot and our order was correct. We were able to dawdle over coffee and didn't feel rushed at all. The restaurant was clean. You might have to wait a little while if there are a lot of people, but it's worth it.

Visited June 2013
East Haven
“Very Good Breakfast, Local Hangout”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

My sister and I had a very enjoyable breakfast at the Lighthouse Cafe. It's on the main drag, Water Street, right in front of Better LIving Through Coffee, and I liked the variety of the food much more here. We had a full breakfast with eggs and bacon at a very reasonable price. The coffee was freshly-brewed, and our server (and cook!) filled up our travel mugs without an additional charge Locals frequent the Lighthouse, which is always a good sign. The place had a feeling of being here for years, and will continue while other "trendy" breakfast places will close. If we had had another day in Port Townsend, I would have returned.

• Visited June 2013