“Nice Quiet Stay”
Review of Quimper Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Townsend
Quimper Inn
Ranked #8 of 16 Port Townsend B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 July 2012

We stayed at the Quimper in as a stopover before catching the ferry to Whidbey Island.

The house is a beautifully restored house built in 1888 and is filled with antiques, taking you back 6o to 80 years! Very nice.

Our hosts were extremely hospitable and even arranged an early breakfast for us so we could catch an early ferry.

Our room was comfortable, the bathroom was huge (!) and this is one of the quietest B&Bs we have ever stayed in.

We loved it and will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roams-A-Lot
There are newer reviews for Quimper Inn

Reviewed 17 July 2012

We enjoyed our stay so much with Ron and Sue. They were friendly, extremely accomodating, and made us want to envite THEM to our home. We spent a Thursday and Friday night with them. They told us about the
Saturday Market that would be happening, which was within walking distance - local produce, food, coffee - A little rain, but oh well. My husband is on a special diet, so Sue was able to accomodate both of us, without fuss. The rooms were clean, cozy, and we couldn't have asked for anything more. We loved Port Townsend so much we decided to spend one more night....It was in a different room, which was clean and comfortable.
Thank you so much Ron and Sue......We will be back!
Kevin and Carol

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2012

We booked in here at the last minute and spent a night in the Library Room. The room was lovely and cosy and the hosts were wonderful. Breakfast was a delight.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2012

The "Inn", a beautifully restored home is both interesting and inviting, and the hosts, Ron and Sue made us feel most welcome. We stayed in "the library", a wonderful room full of interest. Their recommendation for dinner was excellent, and the walk through town beautiful. Breakfast was delicious, filling and the conversation over breakfast with Ron and Sue was fascinating, about local history, the town, their travels, our travels. Their hospitality is outstanding. Ron even drove us to the ferry with our luggage later in the day. A fabulous experience.

Room Tip: The library is on the ground floor, so if you have lots of luggage, as we did, it is perfect.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2012

My partner and stayed at the Quimper Inn for two nights at the end of March, and we had an absolutely wonderful stay. We were somewhat new to B&B's, and were not quite sure what to expect, but any reservations we may have had disappeared as soon as Sue opened the door. Our room, "The Library", was even nicer than we'd imagined it, and as soon as we dropped off our bags we decided to get a late night bite to eat at one of the places in town that Sue recommended. It was so thoughtful of Sue to help us figure out a place to eat despite checking in later in the evening.
Our breakfasts were absolutely delicious! Both mornings featured fresh baking with preserves, a fruit dish to start, and then a full savory breakfast with all the trimmings! Again, Ron and Sue showed what thoughtful hosts they are when, after discovering the first morning that I can't drink orange juice, they went out and got a juice that I could drink for the second breakfast. It was so kind of them.
I can't recommend The Quimper enough. The location was perfect, just a few blocks above town, close enough to walk to and from if you aren't opposed to hills. And if you're fellow bibliophiles like us, "The Library" will make you think you've died and gone to heaven. With over 1,200 books on floor to ceiling/wall to wall bookshelves, there's always something interesting to catch your eye. (And on that note, the William James Bookseller on Water St. is one of the best used book stores I've ever been in... prices are so reasonable I'd go as far as calling them "cheap", and the selection is so vast that we had to visit them TWICE to make our way through *most* of the store, although there were still some sections that I didn't manage to checkout as thoroughly as I would have liked.)
All in all, we had an amazing time in Port Townsend, and a lot of that is thanks to our decision to stay with Ron and Sue at The Quimper Inn.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DainaFrances
Reviewed 5 December 2011

While visiting the gallery walk and doing some Christmas shopping in Port Townsend, I stayed in this lovely B&B. The hosts were very gracious and accommodating and even extended an invitation to my son and daughter-in-law (who were not guests) for breakfast in the morning. Very, very nice. I stayed in "The Library" which was very cozy, with a bed surrounded by walls of books, large windows for lots of natural light complete with a comfy window seat. There was also a nice claw foot tub which was a luxury. Beautifully decorated, warm and inviting. I will be back!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 August 2011

My wife and I stayed here in early July for one night. We did experience the long breakfast, but it was nice to sit and talk and meet people from all over the country. Ron and Sue were great, as well.

Here are some of the other GREAT things:
Beautiful house, beautiful town, beautiful part of the country. Very short walk to town. Comfortable room. DELICIOUS breakfast (Eggs Benedict, fresh fruit and yogurt with granola, coffee and juice). Proximity to Olympic National Park.

All that being said, our favorite part of Port Townsend was not the Quimper Inn, but the Silverwater Cafe. We asked Sue where we could get some fresh sea food, and she sent us there. IT WAS SPECTACULAR. My first halibut, but definitely NOT my last, and my wife said the salmon was the best she has ever tasted (I tried some of hers and I agree).

So, in addition to thanking Ron and Sue for a great stay, I have to thank them for sending us to one of the best restaurants we have ever been to.

If we return to Port Townsend, you bet we will be staying at the Quimper Inn and eating at the Silverwater Cafe again!

STAY HERE!