“good food”

Sweet Laurette Cafe and Bistro
Price range: US$5 - US$45
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We are a full service restaurant and bakery/cafe. We serve Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch and Dinner in our Bistro dining room and on our outdoor Patio. We serve pastries and espresso in our lively Cafe. We are French inspired with an emphasis on the bounty of the Northwest. We are a Farm to Table restaurant, sourcing from our local Farmers Market, and directly from our Farmers, Fishermen & women, Foragers, Bakers, Ranchers and local Cheese Creamery. Come join us for a memorable meal!
Reviewed 21 February 2014

This is a good place for a leisurely breakfast, also make great organic cakes. also in the warmer months it is nice to sit outside

Reviewed 24 January 2014

After years of mostly good experiences at Sweet Laurette, we were so disappointed to find the restaurant smelling strongly of mold and uncharacteristically empty at breakfast time. Even the food wasn't up to the usual standards and the service was lackadaisical. We had to ask for items that usually accompany the food, such as milk for the coffee and butter for the pancakes.
On the plus side, our meals came out of the kitchen quickly and the coffee was excellent. We would have lingered over a second cup but my husband's nose started running due to the mold, so we left.

1  Thank 4gardengirl
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We went to Port Townsend to celebrate our Anniversary. Our innkeeper made the reservation for us. When we showed up to the Bistro, Julie met us and took us to our table. The restaurant has two sides. One appears to be more bakery oriented. The other side is the seating for dinning. The whole establishment is smaller in size, but that keeps the setting intimate and personal.

The food was excellent. We ordered the petite salad and French onion soup for starters. My wife ordered the Rack of Lamb and I ordered the Steak Au Poivre. They were both served perfectly cooked to our request. The taste was awesome. I highly recommend using the "fries" to dip in the extra veal-demi sauce. My wife and I are not drinkers of wine normally, but Thursday is 1/2 price bottle night. So we let Julie recommend a bottle for us. She gave us a little sample of the choices she felt we would like. We were not disappointed.

While the food was excellent, it was the service that caused us to return the next night. Our server, Julie, is worth asking for by name. She was timely, professional, and personal in meeting/exceeding all of our needs. At the end of our meal she sent us home with 2 heart shaped cookies to celebrate our anniversary since we were to stuffed to have dessert. She told us she could not send us home empty handed for our celebration.

We will return...

Reviewed 27 December 2013

We've eaten at Sweet Laurette's a couple of times. Their food is usually fairly good, however they are SLOW, SLOW, SLOW, so if you are in any kind of a rush, this is not the place to eat. Also, the last time we were there (three days ago), I ordered iced tea. I will grant that not a lot of people drink iced tea in the wintertime, but it so happens that I happily drink it year round. When I took a drink of the iced tea, I got a big gulp of MOLD. It was disgusting and I had asthma the rest of the day. So, be careful.

1  Thank gardengumby
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I was staying downtown in Port Townsend and wandered up the hill to uptown (worth the climb) to specifically have lunch here. When I tried during my last visit to PT, it was closed. I was not disappointed. You may think a grill cheese and tomato sandwich doesn't sound appealing but this was the most amazing grill cheese I have ever had. It was thick with a variety of cheeses, the bread was home made perfection, and the accompanying salad was perfect with obviously homemade dressing. The service was friendly and impeccable and the dining room darling. Prices are reasonable. I would highly recommend this restaurant. I can't wait for my next visit to try dinner there.