“Eat at own risk”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Seafood
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 26 August 2013

The food was over priced and the quality of the fish was mediocre. After eating I noticed the chef stirring the rice with the same dirty rag he had been using all night to clean the counter and cutting board with, he just rapped it around his hand and reached in to the pot of rice and stirred away, it was the grossest and most unsanitary thing I've ever seen in a restaurant, obviously they have little regard for safe food handling procedures. I would not recommend eating there anymore, I used to be a regular, however since it has changed owners the service and atmosphere leave a lot to be desired.

2  Thank Jon V

Reviewed 10 August 2013

This was the best Japanese food my husband and I have ever eaten. Don't let the unfortunate exterior in a strip mall dissuade you--the interior is beautiful, the food is very high quality and the menu is extensive. They serve Shinjo (scallop stuffed shitake.) Their tempura is extremely light and crisp. Their nigiri and roll selection is extensive. We could not have envisioned a single improvement.

Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

We had dinner here on the advice of my niece and are VERY glad we did! It's a very unimpressive location in a little strip mall, but the food is outstanding! We had some Nigiri sushi as well as main entrees and everything was delicious. The seafood was very fresh and tasty, the sauces were delicate and flavorful and the dishes were presented very attractively. It's a smallish place, and the ambience is just ok, but the food more than makes up for it! The service was very good, too. I'm looking forward to eating here again, next time we're in town!

Reviewed 1 July 2013

We've eaten here frequently (less so since we moved from PT to Seattle) and been generally pleased. Sushi is usually very good, quite fresh. Tempura is also fine. Pleasant service, decent prices.

Reviewed 12 April 2013

April 10, 2013
My food was very good. I had the chicken kaarage & gyoza. It was delicious. My husband on the other hand ordered the chicken teriyaki bowl. It was not what we expected. The rice was inundated with sauce. He picked thru it and ate just the chicken. I shared my dinner with him. The waitress was very friendly. The hostess could have been a little more friendlier. My kids even noticed. And where was the traditional "irrashaimase" greeting when we walked thru the door?

IchikawaInPT, Owner at Ichikawa Japanese Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Thank you for your comments, Judy. I'm sorry the Chicken Teriyaki Rice Bowl wasn't what you expected, but every Japanese restaurant has its own style and ours may be different from those in your area.

We cook the chicken and vegetables in the teriyaki sauce and then present it poured over the rice, some places drizzle a thicker sauce version over the top afterward. We are happy to modify our standard preparations whenever possible, so if you have the opportunity to visit again please ask and we'll try to meet your expectations.

We've had great success with this dish over the years with local regulars, but understand that some prefer it prepared differently and we'll always try to accommodate changes if possible. Some customers ask to have the chicken grilled or stirfried and the sauce served on the side, for instance. Can do!

As for the need for a friendlier hostess, I'll address that and try to improve guest perceptions.

Thanks again for taking the time to write and post your feedback.

Jim Switz