“Biggest and tastiest burger ever!”
Review of Fat Smitty's

Fat Smitty's
Ranked #41 of 99 Restaurants in Port Townsend
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We discovered Fat Smitty's on our drive to Port Angeles and the ferry to Victoria. What a treat. Unless you're incredibly hungry, two can split the triple decker Smitty burger. The homemade cole slaw is terrific, as are the freedom fries and onion rings. Come prepared to place a dollar bill on the wall or ceiling and join the 1,000s of others. The outdoor decor is a sight to behold.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I have been stopping in at Fat Smitty’s for 25 years. It has changed a little, but not much! Order the Smitty Burger with fries! It’s really why you’re there! You can ask them to leave out the center bun to make it just a little more manageable when you grab it. I recommend you also cut it in half! You will need ketchup or mustard on the fries.
Well worth the stop because it’s a interesting example of Americana. Be sure to sign a dollar bill and stick it on the wall because when they do take them down it goes to a Veteran’s charity. I don’t remember which one, but you can ask!
You won’t find a burger as good as this out here on the Olympic Peninsula!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stopped in for the signature burger after moving back to the PNW, I hadn't been here in probably 12 years. My wife, 11 yr old daughter and I all ordered the Fat Smitty Burger. The burgers were just as big as I remembered and tasted better. My daughter loved the place, wrote her name all over a $1 bill and tacked it to the wall. If your passing through be sure to stop by; the service is good and the burgers are legendary.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

This is a unique and fascinating little burger joint. The place may not be big but the burgers are HUGE! The Fat Smitty, which my kids and I ordered were colossal. And it tasted just as good. My son and I managed to finish, and my daughter made a good dent in hers. If you're not really really hungry, the deluxe burger my wife had was plenty big, bigger than your average size burger. There are customized dollar bills stapled to almost every inch of walls and there a fun eclectic Americana theme throughout. Traditional red and checkerboard tablecloths, a counter, and a slightly bigger back room. It's cash only. The outside also has it's interesting items out front, including a giant chainsaw-carved cheeseburger, only slightly smaller than the real thing. If you're anywhere near this rather remote spot, you need to eat there. Just one warning, liberals may wish to keep their political views under wraps based on some of the signage. If they only served Coke instead of Pepsi, it might be the perfect burger joint!

1  Thank BaseballKent
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Fat Smitty's is an iconic piece of Port Townsend and it's a must stop while driving through. It's right off the highway so you don't have to go out of your way to stop. The place itself is great with thousands of dollar bills hanging from the ceiling and walls. People sign dollar bills and hang them around the restaurant. There are literally thousands of them. Their burgers are really good. I don't know how they do it, but there burgers are thick and juicy. My son said it was the best burger he has ever eaten and I have to agree with him. There fries are decent but nothing special. There chicken strips were okay as well, but the real reason to go to fat smitty's is the burgers.

2  Thank Mea37