“Funky wonderful breakfast place”
Review of Blue Moose Cafe

Blue Moose Cafe
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Port Townsend, Washington
“Funky wonderful breakfast place”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Love the Blue Moose. It's not so hidden away in Boat Haven -- where it's filled with wonderful people (mostly local) and some tourists who know there way around. Delicious food every time. Coffee is great, too. (Cause Sunrise Coffee is THE BEST.) Fun place to go after an early morning workout/walk on Larry Scott Trail nearby. It's Port Townsend at it's best for sure.

• Visited March 2014

Seattle, Washington
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Every time I spend the night in Port Townsend I have to have breakfast at the Blue Moose Cafe. The menu has good choices, the food is fresh, the staff is friendly, the price is right and the service is quick, in and out in about thirty minutes.

Visited August 2014
Salinas, California
“excellent breakfast”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Breakfast is our favorite meal. Their omelet was one of the best I have ever eaten - so fluffy with filling just off the stove. My husband, a potato eater plus, had the huge country fried red potato dish topped with salsa and was so happy. We will definitely come back next time we are in Port Townsend.

• Visited August 2014
Hansville
“A Great Return Visit”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

After a terrific breakfast on my last visit, I decided to do lunch this time. I arrived at 11:30 am and was seated immediately, right before the lunch rush. By noon, the place was packed!

I had already had my coffee quota for the day, so I ordered a glass of water along with their version of a Reuben sandwich (I forget what it's called). The water arrived in a plastic glass and was luke warm, with no ice in it. Not a deal breaker, but a slight negative. The potato salad I ordered as a side was adequate, but nothing to write home about.

But all of that paled by the incredibleness of the Reuben sandwich! Although the sauer kraut could have been a bit more tart for my taste and I could not taste any Swiss cheese on it, none of that mattered after my first heavenly bite! The corned beef was the best I've ever tasted this side of New York. None of that imitation thin-sliced lunch meat crap here! The sandwich was piled high with chunky bits of well-browned-but-tender house made corned beef. Somehow, those chunks managed to stay in the sandwich and not all over the front of my shirt. I was in Nirvana. Nothing else mattered.

• Visited August 2014
Port Clinton, Ohio
“Go here for sure”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We eat here all the time when in Port Townsend WA. Breakfast and lunch only but oh so worth it! Breakfast all day on Saturdays and Sundays.

• Visited July 2014