“Really good!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I don't know how they manage to prepare such good food in a kitchen the size of postage stamp, but they do! The Blue Moose is a really popular place with the locals, which includes people who work in Boat Haven, the shipyard where it's located. The breakfasts are amazing and the portions are not small, the waitstaff is friendly and helpful. I usually narrow down to two items and ask for advice, so they are always good for a suggestion. The scrambles are very good and they have real, honest-to-god homemade, corn beef hash...I am always in search of good hash and theirs is very good. The lunch menu has excellent sandwiches and you can never go wrong with the daily specials. It's not a large place and the counter is tiny, there is limited outdoor seating, so you may have a wait, unless you come at an off time. But, I can say it's definitely worth the wait and if you are also searching for the ultimate corn beef hash, order the Blue Moose's...you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank Wendy B

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Love the Blue Moose. It's not so hidden away in Boat Haven -- where it's filled with wonderful people (mostly local) and some tourists who know there way around. Delicious food every time. Coffee is great, too. (Cause Sunrise Coffee is THE BEST.) Fun place to go after an early morning workout/walk on Larry Scott Trail nearby. It's Port Townsend at it's best for sure.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Every time I spend the night in Port Townsend I have to have breakfast at the Blue Moose Cafe. The menu has good choices, the food is fresh, the staff is friendly, the price is right and the service is quick, in and out in about thirty minutes.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Breakfast is our favorite meal. Their omelet was one of the best I have ever eaten - so fluffy with filling just off the stove. My husband, a potato eater plus, had the huge country fried red potato dish topped with salsa and was so happy. We will definitely come back next time we are in Port Townsend.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

After a terrific breakfast on my last visit, I decided to do lunch this time. I arrived at 11:30 am and was seated immediately, right before the lunch rush. By noon, the place was packed!

I had already had my coffee quota for the day, so I ordered a glass of water along with their version of a Reuben sandwich (I forget what it's called). The water arrived in a plastic glass and was luke warm, with no ice in it. Not a deal breaker, but a slight negative. The potato salad I ordered as a side was adequate, but nothing to write home about.

But all of that paled by the incredibleness of the Reuben sandwich! Although the sauer kraut could have been a bit more tart for my taste and I could not taste any Swiss cheese on it, none of that mattered after my first heavenly bite! The corned beef was the best I've ever tasted this side of New York. None of that imitation thin-sliced lunch meat crap here! The sandwich was piled high with chunky bits of well-browned-but-tender house made corned beef. Somehow, those chunks managed to stay in the sandwich and not all over the front of my shirt. I was in Nirvana. Nothing else mattered.