“Great Indian food and reasonably priced.”
Review of Muskan Indian Restaurant - CLOSED

Muskan Indian Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$50
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Mus Kan Indian Restaurant offers Take-Out and has a full bar. All You Can Eat Lunch Buffet is from 11:30am-2:30pm.
Reviewed 21 December 2012

I particularly like their butter chicken dish but the one with the Kashmiri paprika is excellent too. They have my photographs from India exhibited there, so we visit often and the quality of food is very consistent. A special 12/21 and 22 is a special holiday buffet with champagne that we plan to go to.///

1  Thank Tenayaca

Reviewed 7 October 2012

My husband and I were visiting family in Port Townsend recently and were enticed to try the Indian Restaurant. We have enjoyed Indian food together at restaurants across the country so we were hopeful that this would be another to add to our list of "favorites." I can not imagine ever wanting to go back to this restaurant again.

The food was, as many other reviewers have suggested, bland and unappealing in its appearance. There is A LOT of food, so for the very hungry among us who wanted to choose from the buffet and eat voraciously, this was a good dining experience. For those of us who want something tantalizing and interesting, this was a bad choice. If you are looking for a flavorful and well-executed meal, avoid this restaurant.

The dining room itself looked better suited to a log cabin country breakfast place and the poor lighting suggested a less-than clean room (I was afraid to try the bathroom). If you want to dine in a warm and inviting atmosphere, avoid this restaurant.

Lastly, do not assume that because the food is plentiful and of poor quality that the restaurant is cheap. IT IS NOT.

1  Thank fell0wtraveler48
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Finally an Indian restaurant in Port Townsend has arrived. Ambience is average as is food. We had Malai Kofta, Bhindi Masala, Paneer Pasanda, Paneer Naan, Plain Naan and Raita. Food is certainly fresh, paneer appeared freshly and locally made, flavors were excellent but mild. We ordered medium (owner later told us she made 2 stars for us) and it was too mild. If it was spicier, could have given 4 stars. Later, chatting with the owner, she said that they have mild, medium, hot and superior categories. For a seasoned western palate hot should be OK here but for a spicy Indian palate, one may have to ask for superhot. I wish their servers were a little more knowledgeable. Overall, will I eat here again? I would say, probably!

1  Thank SeattleBanjara
Reviewed 17 July 2012

We ordered take-out from Muskan Indian Restaurant during a recent trip to Port Townsend. We were tired and didn't want to deal with having to behave outselves at a restaurant. ;-)

We ordered Mango Curry with chicken, Makhani Daal, and Palak Paneer, with a side of Naan. All were delightfully spiced and cooked to perfection. The dining area looked inviting, butI can't speak to the service, other than to say our order was ready when we got there about 15 minutes after ordering. We were offered paper plates and utensils, although we declined. Prices were very reasonable for the quantity (and quality.)

All in all, I wish they were closer to home. We will be back whenever we're in Port Townsend.

1  Thank Kathair
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Great service and food. Have eaten Indian around the world and this restaurant competes with the best!!!! Enjoy

2  Thank CaptXfit