“Overpriced food and bad drinks.”

The Upstage Restaurant & Theatre
Cuisines: American
Description: phone 360 385 2216
Description: phone 360 385 2216
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Let's first start by saying they have great music events. That is the good part. But I would recommend eating before you go here.

The food is small portions for lots of money. And the drinks are bad. I ordered a cosmo, the main ingredient being vodka. When it arrived, it tasted like it was made with tequila. I know my alcohols, it was not vodka. So when I brought it up to the manager, he picked up my drink, sniffed it and said, "no, that is vodka" and that is how they make their cosmos and I would just have to live with it. No "I'm sorry you didn't like it" or "Perhaps the bartender made a mistake, I will replace it." What a disappointment! I am not going to drink it now that he has touched it and sniffed it. How disgusting!?

We might go back for the music if there is something worth seeing (not likely) and maybe have dessert but we will never eat a full meal here or order drinks again.

There are newer reviews for The Upstage Restaurant & Theatre

Reviewed 28 March 2013

We go there several times a year even though it's about a 40 mile drive one way. They get a great variety of musicians there. We like blues artists the best and they have many--sometimes pretty big names. We usually have dinner, too, and have some favorite dishes. Mine is salmon with couscous. Close quarters, so you sometimes share a table with strangers, but it's always fun. It's in an historical building with special charm.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

The service was almost non-existent. My husband had to go to the desk to place our order after waiting for about 30 minutes with no service. After that we waited about 30 more minutes for salad and bread to arrive. The pot roast was not pot roast, but some sort of undercooked, fatty, cubed meat. This was presented in a mess of mashed potatoes and spinach. The food was inedible and I will never eat at the Upstage again. During the evening I heard a lot of complaining from the staff about new cooks and people not being prepared for the evening's work. Maybe the employees are not valued or paid a decent wage?? The price of the food should allow for decent salaries.

Very disappointing evening.

Reviewed 26 January 2013

Out of a tiny cupboard of a kitchen, owner Mark and his chef produce a wonderful array of tasty bistro dishes...be sure to try a nibble with some Port Townsend Amber...as you listen to the spanking good music among happy diners.

Reviewed 9 December 2012

This is THE spot in P T for music ...very famous , and well known for all styles of music from all over the world . They have live music almost 7 days / week ! Live classical , jazz, rock, blues , indie , country, irish , etc...top quality groups . Cover charges usually.

Nice clean place with good food and good wine , beer/ale , cocktails. Nice crowd of people. This is a great , safe place to go . Mostly middle aged /middle of the road crowd. Can pull movie stars at times !

Service is good until they really get slammed ...which is about 8 pm . The owner is very friendly and is usually there and greets people as they come in the door

They can booked solid with no seating , and then they can't keep up , just like any other restaurant or club . You can reserve a table ... and you should.

Hard to find ...hidden just off Water(main) street...in the back. Parking is tough in that area ...really good restaurants and the Rose Theatre is there too. Tyler street . And yes there is a Taylor street one block over ! "what did you say ? Was it Taylor or Tyler ?!" ...its ok ...very small town !