“Good Diner”

Spruce Goose Cafe
Ranked #17 of 98 Restaurants in Port Townsend
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Forks, Washington
“Good Diner”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We ate here on a nice sunny weekend day. The outdoor dining area was full despite it being after the usual lunch hour. The good news is the service was still fast. We ate outside and had a chance to watch the planes come and go. I noticed a majority of the pilots walked right over, sat down and ate. I was told people fly in from all over to eat here, I believe it now.

I had a patty melt. It was tasty and I enjoyed it. The onions were nicely grilled and the cheese melted. The meat patty was of decent size. The bread was outstanding. It looked homemade or from a decent bakery not a supermarket loaf. It was toasted well and tasted very nice. The fries looked home cut and were cooked just right. This was my first time here. I'm glad my friends brought me and I will definitely come back.

It's a little hard to find. Turn off Highway 19 onto the airport road and go past the Aero Museum (also worth seeing) then take a left and go down where all the planes are parked.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Jennifer G

Seattle, Washington
“Good diner type food”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I think I've only ever eaten breakfast here, but that I've done many times over the past 20 years. it's one of my husbands favorite places, so we visited on our recent stay. It's a nice comfortable place with pretty decent service and a great breakfast.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank ParisAnne D
Port Townsend, Washington
“Local's Secret”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

The Spruce Goose sits beside the Jefferson County INTERNATIONAL Airport runway. Locals drive in and fly in for breakfast and lunch. Boston had Cheers; Port Townsend has the Goose, "where everyone knows your name." Friendly service and friendly diners all enjoying excellent, comfort food. If you can manage, save room for the homemade pies. In the summer, eat outside on the deck overlooking the runway and Olympic Mountains and enjoy one of the local beers on tap.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Bill C
Winthrop, Washington
“Favorite breakfast spot!”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We love to meet here for breakfast with extended family & friends when we're in the area. Great variety of classic breakfast items on the menu, all very reasonably priced, friendly service. Fun to look at all of the aviation décor inside as well as the airport action outside.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank MethowMama
“Consistently good and great scenery”
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

I have eaten at this restaurant at least once a week for the last ten years. The food is simple, well prepared and the place is clean with a fine staff. It reminds me of a coffee shop my dad used to take me to in the early 1950's. There are often numerous private aircraft just outside. Very cool place

Visited October 2013