We stayed in a suite on the 2nd floor for 4 nights. This was a medium-priced room.
1. Location--smack in the midst of downtown Port Townsend; a 2-minute stroll to shopping, restaurants, and the marina
2. Roomy suite, with large living area, basic kitchenette, and small bedroom
3. Delicious melt-in-your-mouth blueberry scones!
4. Laura Lee at reception--she's a fun gal
1. Bed sagged in the middle--I was constantly rolling into my husband (not in a good way).
2. Very musty/dusty smell in our wing. I had to hold my nose in the common areas.
3. Our wing was a little worn. The nicer, renovated rooms are in the same area as the reception desk on the ground floor. Our wing (2nd and 3rd floors) was accessed by a separate entrance . . .
4. . . . and we had to climb a VERY steep staircase--no elevator.
5. Breakfast was pretty meager for a B and B. Nothing warm, no protein except yogurt. Just cold cereal, juice, croissants, and those yummy scones.
6. Our room was sunny and had a view of the parking lot. My sister stayed in a higher priced suite--nicer but very dark.
Seeing that there isn't much competition, it's difficult to find really nice accommodations in downtown Port Townsend at a good price. It's hard to believe that the Bishop Victorian is rated #1.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The top rated TripAdvisor hotel in Port Townsend is the Bishop Victorian, located in the heart of the Historic District with easy access to shops, restaurants and activities. The Bishop Victorian offers 16 suites, including ground level and two bedroom accommodations. Suites feature Victorian ambiance, private baths, fireplaces, convertible sofas and a continental breakfast delivered daily to your door. Each suite is outfitted with a mini or full kitchenette, including microwave, fridge and coffee service, and all guests have access to wireless or DSL connectivity from the comfort of their suite. High definition TVs, DVD players and a DVD library add to your enjoyment. The Bishop Victorian also offers meeting facilities for groups up to 35 people, and the outdoor tented garden venue provides a spring and summer location for weddings and other celebratory events for up to 200 guests. Preparing for an important event is effortless, with Touch of Health Massage Therapy and Izadora’s Tanning, Day Spa and Salon, both of which offer a variety of relaxing and rejuvenating services, conveniently located right next door. Children welcome and dogs are permitted in some designated suites and in accordance with our dog policies. Mid-week, commercial and government rates are available. Three-Diamond AAA rated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Bishop Victorian Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bishop Victorian Port Townsend