“Beautiful piece of history, no ghosts here”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Manresa Castle

Manresa Castle
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Port Townsend
McMinnville, Oregon
“Beautiful piece of history, no ghosts here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

Getting the right room matters here. Ask for a big room and pay the difference. We were in rm 202. It was very large and had a great view. It is over the bar but no one was partying so it was quiet. I understand that some rooms are quite small.

There is much Internet chatter about ghosts at the hotel. It is interesting and fun to talk about but it is the stuff of stories. There is nothing dark or haunting about the place.

The staff is upbeat and relaxed, great service. The room was spotless.

On a rainy day it could feel a little claustrophobic . There is a small lounge area that feels like a funeral parlor. When we were there a couple of business men were having a meeting re marketing the hotel so I did not feel like I could be there.

The hotel is not within walking distance of the downtown. You do have to drive and then deal with parking.

We were part of a large group. We had a catered dinner that was okay, nothing special, but the room is a wonderful venue.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank CleoIsh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Oysterville, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

First time visitors looking for something fun and interesting for a birthday. The lounge was small and cozy. This was a Port Townsend landmark to enjoy as we found the wait staff to be very friendly. Let's call this an adventure in history as we learned about the background of how the castle came to be part of the Port Townsend landscape. The bartender was very enjoyable and she did an outstanding job of explaining why people love to visit this place...especially Ghost Busters!

Following a round of beverages, it was time to go across the hall and into the dining room. Our waitress was most enjoyable. We found her very entertaining and knowledgeable of the menu.
The service was excellent in all respects. We found this to truly be one of the fun things to do in Port Townsend one bite at a time. The dining room had lots of ambience and the period furnishings added to the whole experience. For the money, this was very casual fine dining.

Room Tip: N/A as we only came for drinks and dinner.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank tahitionline
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

The castle makes you feel like you've stepped back in time, in a good way! It is mysterious and beautiful! I would recommend it to everyone I know!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Erin C
Kennewick, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

I had and awesome time there, the location was conveniently next to a QFC grocery. I had rented the cottage with the mini kitchen so we were able to cook our own meals, it was wonderful. The beach was a 4 min drive away. It was a perfect trip. =)

Room Tip: Choosing the cottages are perfect for a great getaway for a bit!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Laura C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

I went to the Manresa for a couple days last month and loved the feeling of the old mansion! The courtyard was adorable and I thought the view from my room looking into the ocean was great! The Key restraunt had delicious fresh food & the bartender that served us in the lounge was friendly and made me the best cocktail ive had in a long time! My room came with a big luxurios bathtub that could fit 5 I swear lol! The girls at the front desk were extremely friendly and helpful when I needed ideas of what to do in town. I definitley feel that I got my moneys worth! Good job and thank you!

3 Thank pinkmartinilovesu
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

I stayed here for the first time a couple weeks ago and was very impressed with my experience. The staff was friendly, the rooms were clean, and the restaurant was great!!
Originally I was only going to stay one night and ended up staying three. I would recommend this hotel :)
JP

2 Thank Jpjpjpjpjp
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2012 via mobile

My fiancé and I are looking for a wedding venue and the website looked so amazing we had to check it out. There is a hospital right next door. We heard 2 ambulances in 20 minutes. The views are disgusting, the hotel is disgusting. There are much nicer places to stay and or get married at on the olympic peninsula.

2 Thank zzlove