“Interesting Paranormal Activitiy & Nice Place to Stay”
Review of Manresa Castle

Manresa Castle
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Port Townsend
Reviewed 18 January 2013

The Manresa is almost like going back in time. Nice rooms & friendly staff. In room 306 we incountered the spirit Kate. She loved turning the flashlight on. I was in the bathroom making up my face. When walking out of it I had the cobb web feeling on my face. That indicates she was touching it cause of being curious about my makeup. I had some jewlery laid on the bed with recording going. Asked if she wanted to touch it & the EVP we caught was,"Can't help myself". Kate was there! Next stayed in 302. Very haunted! Hubby put a bag on the floor & was picked up & dropped down hard! Next I offered my energy for them to speak better during EVP's. They drained all my energy. Had me in a trance like state walking around table asking questions. Spirits wouldn't let me ask hubby for help to sit down. Finally ran to the bed & flopped down. Head hit the pillow & I was out in seconds. That night hubby had his protection medals around his neck pulled off & he was scratched on face. 3 marks across his cheek. As we were leaving, had radio box on. Hubby asked who was there. Remark was the word 'EVIL' 3 times, getting louder each time said. I was never happier to get out of a hotel room as I was then! Also had an experience as walking through the Pond Arbor, both at the same time. Felt like a cold breeze went through us. Lightheaded, dizzy, feeling in stomach that traveled up to our heads. Breathing was hard & equalibrium very off! As we walked back out everything turned back to normal. We had a few more paranormal experiences but these were the main ones. If you want haunted stay in those 2 rooms! Food was good as well as entertainment. All in all we enjoyed our stay. The staff was so pleasent. Even took us on a tour up in the attic where a catholic monk hung himself when it was a school for them for a while years ago. Room 302 happened to be right below that spot. Veery interesting experrience. Loved it!

Room Tip: Rooms 302 & 306 are haunted if looking for that kind of experience. Top floor best view for look...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 November 2012

If the opportunity arises to visit Pt Townsend and you are planning an overnight, the Castle is the place to stay!
In the area to visit relatives (Seattle), we came to the pennisula for the day, ended up spending the night and could not wait to tell about the adventure the following day. Hauntings and strange occurances in the short stay kept our preteen travelers hugging their pillows until they fell asleep.
The unusual breakfast dining area really topped off the stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2012 via mobile

Manresa castle, charming, elegant rooms with a exception staff. I have satyed in a few different rooms now at the castle and every one of them are unique and beautiful in their own way. The port town has an amazing personality that truly compliments this fine establishment. Room rates are beyond reasonable and if interested the staff will guide you through a tour of the haunted rooms and share enough paranormal pics to turn even the most stubborn skeptics opinion of ghosts. That aside, this wonderful retreat doesnt need the ghosts to wow you with its beauty. In fact, my fiance and i love the architecture so much we decided to plan our wedding and reception at Manresa. Preston, the hotel manager, has done an amazing job hiring a overly compitent staff that will do anything possible to exceed your expectations. He has helped in our planning with ideas and suggestions that have truly taked loads of pressure off our journey. In addition to Prestons fine service i cannot leave out Castle Key restaurant. Bob, the restaurant manager has set up our seating arrangements and guided us through our many options they provide for catering. After the first time i tried their fine cuisine i knew that this was what our wedding gueats needed. Everything i have tried has been worlds beyond what i imagined it would be. Jambalya was too die for, chapino exquisite! We also decided to join them for Thanksgiving for a change in tradition and the meal prepared tool my breath away. Bob and Preston in addition to the staff have shown through their dedication that they have what it takes to keep this site running for years to come. I recomend all my friends and family to come here and get away to a simpler time of luxury and relaxation.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 14 November 2012

This historical building was at one time a monestary that was converted into a hotel. All of the rooms are decorated with a late 1800 or early 1900 motif. There is a restaurant on the lower level and the rooms are on the upper level. This is not a modern hotel. It is beautiful and has a courtyard with a nice garden area. The view is good from the rooms facing the courtyard. We have stayed at this hotel about 3 times and have enjoyed it very much each time. It is a great place to visit for a romantic weekend get away.

Room Tip: One of the rooms is supposed to be haunted by a lady who killed herself while waiting for her loved...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cruisin711
Reviewed 5 November 2012

It is just a neat old place to stay. Nothing fancy, but very interesting.

We had a wonderful experience with the staff and loved the cozy lounge. The haunted history of The Castle is what drew us there.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room without a shared bathroom!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2012

My first grandchild was being born in the hospital right next to the castle so I booked a room for the night as I live a good hour's drive away. I only ended up sleeping for about two hours that night but I did find the rate of the room surprisingly affordable. Mid-week, off-season rates are very well priced. The bed was comfortable, although it did squeak a little, which I thought added to the character of the place. The baseboard heating makes noises, but I was able to ignore that. I would have liked a bedside lamp, I think that would have been a handy thing to have. The staff were very friendly. I am anxious now to return for a proper visit and dine in their restaurant. This is an old building with tons of character and, I hear tell, a ghost or two to add to the evening's entertainment.

Room Tip: Because I only needed a room for a couple of hours I went with a ground floor room, which had no vie...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Wilson54420
Reviewed 1 October 2012

We had a business trip to Port Townsend in August. I was really looking forward to staying at the Manresa Castle based on the good reviews.

We got a good price booking directly through the hotel. We were told by the lady at the front desk that they do have specials and so be sure to ask at the time of booking if they are currently having a special.

Upon entering the front desk was very polite and helpful. It smelled musty in the front lobby right away. I guess this was to be expected considering how old it is.

We were given a room overlooking the bay with a gorgeous view! The room was very clean and again was a little musty in there and so opened the windows right away. There was a fan in there for circulating the air. The room we had was a good sized room and was very simple in decor. I understand from the lady at the front desk that ALL of the rooms are unique and are decorated quite differently from each other.

They let you take a tour of the castle but we declined as we didn't have much time while we were there. However, that would have been interesting to see.

That evening we decided to eat elsewhere in town rather than in the castle's dining room due to the overpriced menu. We had an excellent meal on the water at one of the local bars.

We had a pretty decent bed but prefer a king bed instead of just a queen. (smaller one at that it seemed) We slept pretty good but could hear through the walls and in the room next to us.

The continental breakfast the next morning was in the lower level of the castle. It was nothing special but cold cereal and toast, fruit, rolls, coffee and juice.

I would stay here again only if I got a really good rate. I think we paid around $110 for our room in August of 2012 which for the summer season was not a bad rate based on the other motels in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim
Sequim Bay Lodge
Sequim Bay Lodge
#8 of 9 in Sequim

Been to Manresa Castle? Share your experiences!