Manresa Castle
Bishop Victorian Hotel(Port Townsend)
US$183
Fort Worden(Port Townsend)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
Harborside Inn(Port Townsend)
US$99
Palace Hotel Port Townsend(Port Townsend)(Great Value!)
US$161
Hotwire.com
Aladdin Motor Inn(Port Townsend)
US$91
Hotwire.com
US$133
Swan Hotel(Port Townsend)
TripAdvisor
Tides Inn(Port Townsend)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsself guided tourtower roomhistorical buildinginteresting historyice machineoff seasonloungeatticparanormallibraryvictorianeracharacterfountainwashingtonpt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 January 2013

I have a mixed opinion of the Castle, Of course it is really unique and my boyfriend and I had an alright stay. The staff was super friendly and let us check in an hour early, which was really nice of them. However I was very disappointed when I found out the restaurant and lounge was closed for the weekend that we were up. Just my luck! We bumped into another couple who were equally disappointed; the man said that the front desk told him that the closure was posted on the website. I looked over the website many times before making the reservations and it did NOT say anything about the closure. But just to be sure the man pulled the hotel’s website up on his phone and it said nothing about the closure. It should have been mandatory for the hotel to notify the customers of this when they make reservations, especially since reservations can only be made by calling in and talking to the front desk and not online. I would have defiantly changed my plans due to the closure. The hotel is over priced but the saving grace is that it has a place to get drinks right down the stairs. Because to be honest the room itself was mediocre and not really kept up all that well. There was only one light fixture in the room and one of the bulbs was out, which I would not even mention but there was also a bulb out in the light fixture above the bathroom mirror. The bed frame was literally falling apart but the mattress was very comfortable. Now, all that might not seem so bad if you were paying 80 bucks a night at a motel six but even the cheapest room here is $120 a night. I think that if the lounge would have been open it would have been a much better experience because I was really looking forward to having a good meal and some drinks, and I love the idea of having the lounge right there in the hotel so you don’t have to drive back after knocking back a few. But since the website didn’t say it was closed, the email response I got didn’t mention it, and the front desk didn’t tell me when I called (Which gave them plenty of opportunities to say something) you have a disappointed couple. I am yet to decide if I will give the Castle another shot.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leela T
Reviewed 20 January 2013 via mobile

My husband & I spent two nights at the Manresa Castle for my birthday weekend (Jan. 17-18). We absolutely LOVED this place!! The three ladies working in the office when we checked in,were sweet, friendly and very knowledgeable about the Port Townsend area and gave us great recommendations for restaurants & things to do! We had room 304 which gave us a beautiful view of the bay and the town below! The Victorian decor was lovely, the huge 4-poster bed was very comfortable and the bath with the upgraded Jacuzzi tub was a nice treat! My only reason for the overall rating of 4 was because we weren't able to dine at the highly rated Castle Key restaurant in the hotel, which was being renovated, and was having its grand reopening a week after our stay! :-(. But if the piece of chocolate cake the front desk girls gave us from the samples they were 'taste testing' from the new menu is any indication of the quality of food, you will NOT be disappointed! We will definitely be coming back to stay again AND dining on site at the revamped restaurant! Thanks for a very memorable birthday!!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank DesertDiana
Reviewed 18 January 2013

The Manresa is almost like going back in time. Nice rooms & friendly staff. In room 306 we incountered the spirit Kate. She loved turning the flashlight on. I was in the bathroom making up my face. When walking out of it I had the cobb web feeling on my face. That indicates she was touching it cause of being curious about my makeup. I had some jewlery laid on the bed with recording going. Asked if she wanted to touch it & the EVP we caught was,"Can't help myself". Kate was there! Next stayed in 302. Very haunted! Hubby put a bag on the floor & was picked up & dropped down hard! Next I offered my energy for them to speak better during EVP's. They drained all my energy. Had me in a trance like state walking around table asking questions. Spirits wouldn't let me ask hubby for help to sit down. Finally ran to the bed & flopped down. Head hit the pillow & I was out in seconds. That night hubby had his protection medals around his neck pulled off & he was scratched on face. 3 marks across his cheek. As we were leaving, had radio box on. Hubby asked who was there. Remark was the word 'EVIL' 3 times, getting louder each time said. I was never happier to get out of a hotel room as I was then! Also had an experience as walking through the Pond Arbor, both at the same time. Felt like a cold breeze went through us. Lightheaded, dizzy, feeling in stomach that traveled up to our heads. Breathing was hard & equalibrium very off! As we walked back out everything turned back to normal. We had a few more paranormal experiences but these were the main ones. If you want haunted stay in those 2 rooms! Food was good as well as entertainment. All in all we enjoyed our stay. The staff was so pleasent. Even took us on a tour up in the attic where a catholic monk hung himself when it was a school for them for a while years ago. Room 302 happened to be right below that spot. Veery interesting experrience. Loved it!

Room Tip: Rooms 302 & 306 are haunted if looking for that kind of experience. Top floor best view for looking out to water. I think most rooms are very nice and clean.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2012

If the opportunity arises to visit Pt Townsend and you are planning an overnight, the Castle is the place to stay!
In the area to visit relatives (Seattle), we came to the pennisula for the day, ended up spending the night and could not wait to tell about the adventure the following day. Hauntings and strange occurances in the short stay kept our preteen travelers hugging their pillows until they fell asleep.
The unusual breakfast dining area really topped off the stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2012 via mobile

Manresa castle, charming, elegant rooms with a exception staff. I have satyed in a few different rooms now at the castle and every one of them are unique and beautiful in their own way. The port town has an amazing personality that truly compliments this fine establishment. Room rates are beyond reasonable and if interested the staff will guide you through a tour of the haunted rooms and share enough paranormal pics to turn even the most stubborn skeptics opinion of ghosts. That aside, this wonderful retreat doesnt need the ghosts to wow you with its beauty. In fact, my fiance and i love the architecture so much we decided to plan our wedding and reception at Manresa. Preston, the hotel manager, has done an amazing job hiring a overly compitent staff that will do anything possible to exceed your expectations. He has helped in our planning with ideas and suggestions that have truly taked loads of pressure off our journey. In addition to Prestons fine service i cannot leave out Castle Key restaurant. Bob, the restaurant manager has set up our seating arrangements and guided us through our many options they provide for catering. After the first time i tried their fine cuisine i knew that this was what our wedding gueats needed. Everything i have tried has been worlds beyond what i imagined it would be. Jambalya was too die for, chapino exquisite! We also decided to join them for Thanksgiving for a change in tradition and the meal prepared tool my breath away. Bob and Preston in addition to the staff have shown through their dedication that they have what it takes to keep this site running for years to come. I recomend all my friends and family to come here and get away to a simpler time of luxury and relaxation.

• Stayed: November 2012