“Amazing Wedding Location”

Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Port Townsend
Oak Harbor, Washington
“Amazing Wedding Location”
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

On the 12th of October, 2013 Our family united at the Castle for my wedding. We have stayed many times here and we wanted to share this location with our loved ones because it has been so beloved by my wife and I for some time. Not your typical rooms if your used to major hotel chains, these rooms are elegant and reminiscent of a more romantic time in our history. The furnishings of each room are beautiful antiques unlike anything your Mor, United, ashley, or Tracys have to offer these day. REAL wood that crafted, not assembled in a warehouse. The library quickly captured our hearts for these reasons and we knew there was no better place for us to wed.
Price was very reasonable. The hotel will work with you on blocking rooms together with a discount if you would like family to stay with you. Bob, the restaurant manager, acts as a sort of planner or helper at no additional cost in the rental fee. He helped us with seating arrangements, timing of events, chair decorating, dinner planning, dining room chair decorating, and drink planning. We purchased our own table runners, colored napkins, napkin rings, flower arrangements, candle holders, and accents while Bob provided chair covers, table linens, silverware, plates, and glassware. We decided to go with Bobs cooking staff for the catering and went with the deluxe option buffet dining. Prime rib perfectly cooked, salmon, chicken with mushroom picata, the best risotto I have ever had, arugula salad, rolls, vegetable medley and more.
Everything went so smooth it was unbelievable. Plenty of room in the bridal suite for the bride to get ready. In between the wedding and dinner reception the bar was open so family could grab a drink while pictures were being taken. When dinner was ready everything smoothly transitioned to the dining hall where we had an incredible meal. I can't say enough how amazing the Chef Jason is at preparing his prime rib and risotto. He is truly an artist. Many drinks were had and everyone had the time of their life on the dance floor. With all the reception, decorations, dress, my kilt, and all we stayed within a 10K budget were more than satisfied with everything. I included some photos my photographer took with permission for trip advisor to use. I'm the one in the Scott family kilt. There is much I can say more but I feel I would go on forever so I will post a few pictures of the dining hall after my best man and Bob decorated and a couple wedding photos so you can see the beauty of it all your self. I had a friend get married here 11/13/2013 because he liked it so much and a few more friends planning weddings here now too.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JohnScott0001

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Marblemount, Washington
Reviewed 10 January 2014

This is an fun, off-beat place. If you're looking for the predictability of a major chain, go stay at a major chain. I've stayed here twice and both times the room was clean and well furnished. The decorations are appropriate to the period and interesting. Compared to other options in Port Townsend it's reasonably priced. Breakfast at the restaurant was nice. I won't hesitate to stay again.

1 Thank marblemount
Graham, Washington
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We've been here many times...this visit a different room, nice view, but...
No hot water! Mentioned this to the desk worker and she told me it takes
20-25 min. for the water to get hot. Hmm...haven't had that problem before.
Running the water for that long is wasteful, let alone waiting that amount of
time is ridiculous. Noted that the free continental breakfast was non-existent!
Just coffee and hot water. Breakfast in the on-site restaurant was delicious and
the waiters were excellent! We'll be back of course, but...

Yakima, Washington
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This place is overpriced and dirty! $209 for a king bed with a Jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. We checked in, went to our room and promptly checked out! The hallways are dark, steps are creaky and in need of repair, the room was small, dirty and the furnishings looked like they were purchased at a bad garage sale. There are much nicer hotels that charge a lot less in town. Do not stay here!!!

4 Thank bcw58838

Travellers are raving about these Port Townsend hotels

Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I was showing my pal the place for the history and I'd stayed years ago. They've always been kind about allowing people to walk around whether a guest or not. We decided to inquire about rooms, and as it was off season mid week and a birthday trip (my pal) the manger gave us a tower room suite. We were thrilled. With it came a free appetizer from the restaurant and discount on drinks. The dinner was exceptional and the waiter, lovely. All around stellar experience.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Sherry R
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My weekend here was lovely. This hotel was not the spa type feel and that's not its intent. It was truly a step back into another era. The decor was terrific, the staff was fantastic, and everything was very clean! At every turn we were pointing and saying, oh wow, look at that . . .beautiful! I will definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank jaadeee
Renton, Washington
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We visited Port Townsend for a Kiwanis event. The room at the castle was provided to us by the Kiwanis Club of Port Townsend. I read the reviews here on Tripadvisor and was a little worried about our stay, staff, maintenance and cleanliness. Once we arrived we were greeted right away by the front desk staff. We had to get our luggage up to our room, thank goodness they had an elevator, yes it is an old elevator and the front desk staff had to operate it for you, that is alright, it worked. Our room was great, 200. It was clean, it was well appointed and it was clean. Having read some of the reviews I am not sure what those of you who wrote them were expecting. The building is over 120 years old. They have done a great job upgrading as best they can, those of you who complained about the hotel based on this should do a little more research before you book a room in a 120 year old hotel.
As for the complaints of the staff, still not sure who you were talking about or why you complained. All staff went out of their way for us. If you were expecting them to take your luggage or shine your shoes, they would not do that, but they did make us feel welcome and to some extent they did help with our luggage, they operated the elevator. Yes the elevator that some of you complained was too old, remember the comment above, 120 years old. Cleanliness, maintenance problems etc., the building looked in good shape for its age.
Might I suggest that next time, complainers, you should research your stays better. You can not expect a old hotel to have all of the modern conveniences that a more modern hotel has, at least they had HD TV, which is better than some hotels, Best Westerns etc., have.
I am very glad that we had the opportunity to stay at the Castle and we would enjoy staying there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
#1 of 1 in Port Ludlow
Fort Worden
Fort Worden
#4 of 11 in Port Townsend

Been to Manresa Castle? Share your experiences!