“Wonderful accommodations and location”
Review of Manresa Castle

Manresa Castle
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Port Townsend
Reviewed 30 January 2011

Beer Fest was in town the last weekend of January (which wasn't what I was there for), and Manresa Castle lived up to the reviews here. I slept like a baby (but didn't see any ghosts). I was in room 316. The hotel has a lift with the original accordion-style gate that closes you in. It must be operated by a staff member, but especially if you have kids, this is a must-do activity. Quite fun! Most of the time, though, I used the stairs. I had good wi-fi access by the window in my room, though not all rooms were as well situated. If you have an air card, you might want to bring it. Staff was very helpful, the food was good, and the dining room was hopping Friday night with live jazz. Had an awesome time and will definitely be back.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank CSDunford

Reviewed 30 January 2011

Stayed for the weekend, as part of a group of writers holding a retreat at the hotel. Staff was helpful, friendly and highly accommodating. The room was lovely - comfortable, clean and charming, with a view of the water. Food was wonderful and the bar has great drinks - including a very tasty "Creamsicle" with the juice of fresh squeezed oranges. If you're looking for a relaxing getaway in a place that's cozy, upscale unusual and historic all at once - this is it!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 January 2011

What a totally fun experience...such a beautiful place to go! My husband and I chose to spend New Years Eve somewhere conveniently away and different. Had heard so many great things about the Manresa Castle so we had to check it out! From the first phone call to make the reservations with Cari to checking in when we arrived..to when we left ...Nothing but A1 accomodations and treatment from the staff...Cari, Ashley and Shannon.!! Hi guys..Love ya!!
We actually left the next day to go shopping in our favorite getaway town..Port Townsend (with another couple whom stayed at the castle with us) when by afternoon my husband and I decided to NOT leave and go home but rather we drove back to the castle and said, "We're BACK!!". We had so much with the friendliest down to earth staff to hearing the different haunting stories, actually getting a tour of the "creepy attic", to looking at all the cool pictures down all the hallways of a very very earlier time in Port Townsend history, to just having a quiet time in the beautiful dining areas experiencing some very delicious food and service!
We have told all of our friends and family about our amazing time...Now they all wanna go back with us! I am sure it will be very soon as we are already looking forward to it and planning on which room we wanna stay in next time and when! Cannot wait to see our new friends we made from our awesome stay there!! haha..see ya soon!!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 December 2010

The pictures on their website was nothing like what the hotel looks like in person. The people at the front desk were rather rude and wouldn't help us with our luggage up to the 3rd floor with the use of their one elevator that they said over the phone that they would help. The lady behind the front desk was a very unpleasant person. I believe her name was carrie. The room we stayed in was not very clean, the mirror in our bathroom wasn't wiped down and there was toothpaste in the sink, hair on the floor and around the toilet. There was little black hairs on the sheets.It was very cold when we entered the room, the wall heater took a good 30 minutes to heat up. We went to the lounge and had a very nice time. The bartender Jimmy was a lot of fun with some great stories but I will never stay there again. It is a very old place and nice to visit but don't waste your money. Oh and in the little breakfast room for the continental breakfast was a joke. There was no fresh coffee, the milk and juice containers were almost empty and it wasn't very clean, with dirty dishes from other guests on the tables ect..... When I went up to the front desk to tell them there was no coffee the girl Ashley I think was her name didn't look too happy about having to leave the front desk to refill everything. The town itself is a very cute victorian port and would visit again but will not stay at the Manresa Castle again.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2010

I would say if you are looking for a unique spot to travel with all the quaintness of a small town feel, this is it! You will feel as if you stepped back in time! The meals were very good, the service helpful and the scenery is amazing! We really loved our stay!
We plan to visit again!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2010

My wife and I have never stayed here before and was quite surprised and pleased with our stay. We reserve the oceanview with dinner, wine,2 cocktails, and breakfast as a package ($260).The value for the meals were worth it just alone. The food was excellent and the atmosphere was perfect. All employees were dressed up in costumes and more the accomidating to satisfy our needs. Would recommend this treasure to anyone.The walls are thin and the building is old so if you are a light sleeper it can appear to be a little loud.But well worth the experience.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2010

Trip with sisters and mom.... lovely room, the view was amazing!!! Lots of history in this building. Wonderful breakfast in the mornings...... loved our visit to your beautiful town. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim
Captain Whidbey Inn
Captain Whidbey Inn
#1 of 2 in Coupeville

Been to Manresa Castle? Share your experiences!