Olympic Hostel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Port Townsend
See available hotels
Fort Worden(Port Townsend)
View Hotel
Bishop Victorian Hotel(Port Townsend)
Swan Hotel(Port Townsend)
View Hotel
The Waterstreet Hotel(Port Townsend)
  • Free Internet
The Belmont Inn(Port Townsend)
  • Restaurant
Tides Inn(Port Townsend)
View Hotel
Aladdin Motor Inn(Port Townsend)
Harborside Inn(Port Townsend)
Manresa Castle(Port Townsend)
  • Free Internet
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 July 2010

We went from a 3-4 star hotel the night before to here so we were expecting a bit of a transition! Staff was very friendly but you could tell he had given the same information spiel over and over again. Location is gorgeous, views of the park at breakfast, short walk to the cliffs. We walked into town easily enough (couple of steep hills) as a moderately fit couple. We saw three deer on the way into town and three more ghostly deer scampering across the park grounds when we came home that night. Modest taxi ride back, I would not recommend the walk in the dark without a flashlight as it is not well lit and there are no sidewalks in some places. The walls are thin - my wife said she could hear my entire shower, but we had earplugs and didn't notice much noise when we were there. We had a private room. Slept well despite the squeakiest bed ever! Free wi-fi turns off at 10 pm. Bit rustic at times but I would stay here again. Made for a good home base for a day trip visit Olympic National Park with a car. Free breakfast was some very good, hearty dense bread with some spreads. Good sized kitchen if you want to cook for yourself, we had dinner in town at Sirens on a TA suggestion which was very enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kjkToronto
Reviewed 28 October 2009

What an amazing place. Where did this place come from? Wooden blocks, games, acres and acres of woods, beach and the 1890's ruins of military bunkers, dark passages bring your flashlights kids love!!! this.

The hostel overlooks the Strait of Juan de Fuca, a Scottish castle replica ( small brick building ) They've got their own organic garden that anyone's allowed to harvest from, including kids.
The manager Christopher is a sweetheart and his assistant Dottie charming and helpful. The room awas clean, not fancy but just fine. We are coming back. Great affordable little vacation for us.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank JaneGrigson
Reviewed 20 September 2007

My husband and I stayed for one night at the Olympic Hostel. For what you pay it delivered. It felt very safe with a family atmosphere. We were assisted right as we came in and shown to our room. We had a private room that was neat and functional. They offer an all you can eat pancake breakfast in the morning. We did not partake, however, because we wanted to continue on to a restaurant in Port Townsend who's reputation preceeded them (Macadoo's BBQ - yes, they serve an excellent breakfast menu and have free wireless internet, however, Kristen, our waitress was shockingling inconsiderate)

But about the hostel. It is located on a hill in Fort Warden overlooking the Puget Sound. I imagine it is even more breathtaking in the Spring. It was very peaceful and there was even a garden loosely maintained next to the building where you can sit and read.

It is an older building, but that is all part of the Fort Warden experience!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank travilbug
Reviewed 7 October 2006

The place was fine but the manager was not. She made a couple of problems much more unpleasant than they needed to be, and I left feeling a little depressed. Only the next day did I realize that my down mood was due to the manager's judgemental attitude.
In sum, a nice place in a nice setting, but the manager could use some sensitivity training.

Stayed: September 2006
3  Thank guernseykau
A TripAdvisor Member
Berkley, MI
Reviewed 30 November 2005

My husband and I stayed in a private room at this hostel. The room was basic but clean and comfortable. The shared bathroom was right outside the door of our room. The location in Fort Worden State Park is great for exploring Port Townsend, Olympic National Park, and Fort Worden State Park itself. Although this is not a luxury accommodation, you'll probably want to spend your time outdoors anyway. Port Townsend is a great town with some excellent restaurants, and Olympic National Park is one of the most beautiful places that I have visited. The private room in this hostel was a decent value for about $40/night.

• Stayed: June 2005