“Best Mexican Food in Town”
Review of San Juan Taqueria

San Juan Taqueria
Ranked #37 of 98 Restaurants in Port Townsend
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

I am a real fan of food carts, think Portland, and I really enjoy this one. Everything is fresh and flavorful, and not drowning in coriander as most American style Mexican food is. It's fun to stand on the corner of San Juan Ave and eat really tasty food. Give it a try, it's the best Mexican food around.

There are newer reviews for San Juan Taqueria

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Really yummy tacos, even made gluten free! I get whole beans and it was delicious all the way through. On the corner of San Juan, F and Discovery, this is a little to go treasure.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

But excellent taste in cod fish taco. Would have been better if I didn't have contents falling out all over hand and table. Both sauces good. Careful on dousing too much on before test for hotness. Tomatilla one was my favorite of 2 tried. I'd try this in burrito next time

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Enjoyed both Adovada and Carnitas tacos with local corn tortillas. They have 4 sauces: Tomatillo, Habanero, Tomato, and I'll call the final a red pepper-orange. The mildest is the tomato, the hottest is, of course, the habanero. I liked both the tomatillo and red pepper-orange due to a nice balance of flavor and hot. Think of this place as a food truck on a grassy lawn. There are sails used as awnings and standup tables.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I keep returning to this place. The food is always good and the service fast and friendly. The fish tacos are the best I've ever had. The burritos are large and I generally take some home for a snack later. I wish this place was open all year round (they close at the end of October for the winter).

1  Thank Zanman2013