“Louisiana cuisine & chickory coffee”
Review of Addie Mae's Southern Kitchen - CLOSED

Addie Mae's Southern Kitchen
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Louisiana cuisine & chickory coffee”
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Spotted this southern cafe while meandering around Port Townsend & so glad I did. Delicious true southern breakfast dishes like Fried Chicken on top of bacon cheese waffles or shrimp & cheese grits...dinner menu looked yummy too!

Port Townsend, Washington
“Southern at it's finest”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Port Townsend and the area are in a class of it's own and I love it.
My family is from the south and wanted some really good southern food! My husband I and were so delighted to find Addie Mae's. It was so yummy!
I had the fried chicken, biscuit, cheese grits and collard greens, soooooo good.
My husband had the chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy and green beans. He loved his chicken fry so much he wouldn't even give me a bite...guess I will have to try it next time.
We will for sure go again and again!

• Visited January 2014
Langford, Canada
“What a surprise in PT”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Saw on trip advisor that their was a soul food restaurant. I have never been and really wanted to see what it was all about. We were not starved but as the food came out we couldn't stop. Excellent Fried chicken and grits and collard greens. My wife love her chicken fried steak, great gravy. Good selection of beer and friendly prompt service. Wanted to go back for breakfast but that is only on the weekends. Not sure if it is "authentic" but it was sure tasty!

Visited December 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Great Southern Cooking in The Northwest”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Having grown up in the south where the Sweet Tea flows like water, Its good to find a good ole southern boy here in the Seattle area! Port Townsend is a great weekend trip only one hour away from Seattle and Addie Mae's is worth the trip alone. From Red Beans and Rice to Shrimp and Grits, You cant go wrong with anything on the menu. Oh and did I mention the Sweet Tea? The Recipes are taken right from the Chefs Mother. Of course her name is Addie Mae and eating here is just like being there in her kitchen. If you go you have to have the Fried Pickles. If your not from the south, fried pickles might sound weird but not after you try them. I highly recommend Addie Mae's if your anywhere near Seattle. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited September 2013
Port Angeles, Washington
“Yummy taste of home!”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

My husband and I ate at Addie Mae's today and it was VERY good! We have recently moved from Georgia to Washington and were ecstatic to find a place serving sweet tea and fried chicken. I do have to warn some folks that the sweet tea was very sweet. When I go back I believe I will ask for half sweet/half unsweet tea. I feel this combination would be a better representation of true sweet tea....sweet, but not syrupy sweet. Overall, it was a great experience with good service, fun atmosphere, and some good comfort food that can't help but make you happy.

• Visited September 2013