“Creole food on the West Coast”
Review of Addie Mae's Southern Kitchen - CLOSED

Addie Mae's Southern Kitchen
Port Townsend, Washington
“Creole food on the West Coast”
Reviewed 28 August 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

The food is tasty and not exorbitantly priced. It provides some variety in a seaside town. The fried okra is especially good. Service was OK, nothing exceptional.

Visited July 2014

Deton, tx
“Excellent gumbo”
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in for lunch today and had the place all to ourselves. I had a great bowl of gumbo. It had large shrimp, lots of sausage, and chicken over the rice. It was nicely spicy and delicious. It had a large hush puppy that was the weakest part of the meal.
My wife tried the macaroni and cheese. It was made with a variety of cheeses including smoked gouda and came with bacon pieces. She liked it well enough, but would probably try something else next time. Overall, it was an enjoyable meal.

Visited August 2014
Seattle, WA
“Best Fried Chicken on the Peninsula”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Addie's is friendly and the food is delicious. It's not someplace you want to go in a hurry, because Southern food isn't fast. Come here when you're hungry and you want to fill your belly with something delicious. Amazing hush puppies, great chicken, good macaroni and cheese, very good red beans and rice.

Visited August 2014
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
“Good Southern cooking”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Though I'm from England I've spent a lot of time in North Carolina, and have regularly eaten at Crooks Corner, Mama Dip's etc. So when I saw shrimp and grits on the menu I had to eat here. I had shrimp and grits, my wife had meatloaf and gravy. Both meals were perfectly good and enjoyable.

• Visited August 2014
Show Low, Arizona
“Chicken & Waffles?!?! YES!!!!”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This was my first order of chicken & waffles. Boy, have I been missing out! I never thought the two could go together, but I was so wrong. Bacon & cheddar cheese in the waffle, chicken fried perfectly, and a spicy syrup. WOW!!! Large portions, so I had to share with my hubby and take some home just so I could order the peach cobbler. Good decision on my part. I highly recommend this restaurant located so far in the northwest but with roots and recipes coming from southern Louisiana. Keep it up; you have a great thing going!

Visited July 2014