“Delicious Thai food in Port Townsend”
Review of Khu Larb Thai

Khu Larb Thai
Ranked #16 of 100 Restaurants in Port Townsend
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Our family loves Thai, so we were excited to try this restaurant. Our only difficulty came in trying to choose what to eat- the menu is quite extensive and everything sounded so amazing! We enjoyed every item we ordered, but by far our favorite was the coconut fried rice. I highly recommend it!

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We had a lovely late lunch in this restaurant with Thai decor and romantic atmosphere. The food was good; levels of non to 5 star hot. The staff was attentive, prompt and friendly. A quiet and romantic spot to enjoy good Thai food.

Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

We just moved to Port Townsend and have been dying for some good Thai. We have been spoiled with some amazing restaurants back home. At first, we tried the quick take-out Thai in town. Boyfriend ordered Pad Thai (which in no case is unique or exotic) but he can eat the rice noodle and he loves it. It was good and a large portion. I ordered my favorite, panang curry, but was left disappointed when a very watery and/or all coconut milk (not using the cream) version came out. I've been let down with other panang curry and its consistencies before.

Anyways, we went to Khu Larb after a movie and ordered to take home since it was about 9 (even though they didn't close till 10). Boyfriend wanted Pad Thai again which I decided to share so I just wanted something small. Was tying to choose between some appetizers and almost ordered friend banana dish when I asked the host if was sweet and I didn't want sweet. Therefore, I chose the Ka Bong which was deep friend squash and corn. I was thinking larger pieces were going to served. Got into car and realized that I pretty much got a large order of very thin squash pieces deep fried into a mass that tasted like a funnel cake. Didn't taste bad, but would never order or recommend to anyone.

First comment boyfriend commented upon opening Pad Thai box was "Doesn't this smell like Burger King?" Not kidding, it even tasted like a artificially smoked flavor Burger King cheeseburger. No good.

Also, staff was eating at bar stools nearer door when we walked in. No problem, been a server before, you gotta eat sometime, but the host also had her MacBook taking up spaces next to her. Therefore we just kinda stood around and waited since he all the tables were nicely set. There's my saga. I want to like this place but so disappointed!! Beautiful atmosphere though!

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Twice I've been to this restaurant, and both experiences were very good. Food is excellent, service is friendly and prompt, and atmosphere is fine. If you're in the mood for Thai food this place is worth the visit.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Dined here recently and found the food to be very tasty, the wine was also lovely and we enjoyed the whole evening. Staff were friendly and the whole experience was positive. we would recommend it.